One Piece part II

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay the first topic was closed in an attempt to make the clubs more active... but it failed :P

So here it is again.
What do y'all think? Unfortunately there's no chapter this week but what do you guys think of the latest story arc? I"m like this :excited: waiting for the next one.

I was a little disappointed to find out Whitebeard had a devil fruit though.. I was kinda hoping he'd be strong without one. But the one they gave him really works. I'm also ecstatic that Luffy ha finally arrived but .. gah no chapter this week >_<

.. so what's the rule on spoilers?... how far in advance can I post spoilers? Can I talk about the latest chapter from Japan or... is that a no?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You coulda had the old one reopened.

But yeah it was awesome.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Also anyone buy the Funimation DVDs? I've always preordered them from RightStuf and they'll come like 2-3 weeks early :monster:

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
I can't wait for the next chapter... This arc rocks, though I'm wondering what's happening to the others... the chapter covers don't tell us too much, do they?

I can kind of understand your disappointment, Que, but hey - at least we know Shanks doesn't have a DFP. :D

Btw:
NAKAMA :muhaha:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
you said the N word, that's unforgivable.

the chapter covers don't tell us too much, do they?
BUT the anime is going to cover their stories!... in fact I think it starts not this week but the week after.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I can't wait for the next chapter... This arc rocks, though I'm wondering what's happening to the others... the chapter covers don't tell us too much, do they?

They tell me enough.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Any theories on how they'll get back together? I'm hoping it's not a cop out (like Kuma sends them all back together) but Oda isn't really known for those.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Seems obvious to me that they're going to hear about the conflagration at the execution and come running.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
If that's the case I want to see Zoro fight Mihawk again. It seems odd for Mihawk to be there if Zoro isn't going to be there to face him at all.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Zoro is going to have to fight Mihawk again. No two ways about it.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
you said the N word, that's unforgivable.

For a moment, I was thinking the other N word until I unveiled the spoiler tags upon spoiler tags. It was like opening a matryoshka doll.

And you opened up the thread so you decide? I think most of us are caught up with the current chapter in Japan.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
That's the one word I won't allow on my forum. Go on sign up and try to say it, I dare you :monster:

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
all I have to say is :kermit:

But now that you're there, may as well stick around ^_^

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
I think I will, because HOSHIT I KNOW SOME PEOPLE THERE THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN IN YEARS.
Like Aethos. :O

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
You know Aethos? That's awesome... Aethos is cool, he gets picked on a lot and I'm not sure why really o.o

But yeah he'll love having you around.

Anyways enough chitchat, you guys watching the Simulcast?

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
I don't watch OP, fansubbers and 4kids ruined it for meeeee. :@

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Aw, don't be like that, Que... Forgive us. :D And Mira, the anime's not that bad! (I don't mean the 4Kids version. 4Kids is messed up.)

I didn't know that they used -sama and -chan in the Funi subtitles... Interesting. They kinda dragged the last episode out.

They tell me enough.

Not for me. I want to see more of Sanji being chased! :D

Weren't the Straw Hats scattered far and wide? I wonder if they'll be able to make it to the execution in time.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Spoilers are out:
Title: Luffy and Whitebeard
Explanation of how Luffy and co came flying.
Their ship was caught in the sudden high wave (caused by the earthquake fruit)
Then the wave froze, and they were stuck on the ice.
Then Luffy heard the Marine's plan to execute Ace early on the communications,
so they started rampaging to try and get out of the ice quickly.
The ice broke, and their ship came falling down.

Jinbei rescues the devil fruit users that fell into the sea
Luffy: Ace!! I came here to save you!
Ace: Luffy!!

Croc takes the initiative to attack Whitebeard with his hook, saying it's been a long time Whitebeard
But Luffy, still wet, stops him
Croc: Why do you stop me? At the point we got out, our alliance is over.
Luffy: That's Whitebeartd isn't it? Ace likes him, I won't let you.
Everyone's eyes are set on Luffy, and comments one by one (The Admirals, Shichibukai, Smoker, etc)

Whitebeard: You came to rescue your brother eh? That strawhat... that was Red Hair's
(He remembers about Shanks, and asking who took his missing left arm and such)
Luffy: I know you want to be the pirate king... but I'm going to be the pirate king!
Whitebeard: Damn cocky bastard... just don't get in our way!
Luffy: I'll save Ace the way I feel like!
Ivankov and Buggy looked shocked at Luffy talking to Whitebeard on equal level
Kizaru: Can we execute all of them?
Sengoku: Of course.

-
Cover story is Brook.
- Luffy and his team are seeing falling by everyone.
- The Warlord and Admirals start talking about Luffy. Sengoku tells Garp " Why is always your family?"
- Luffy is aware of the Marines plans for Ace thanks to a Den Den Mushi that was on the boat.
- As soon as they barge in, Crocodile attacks WB. Luffy stops him. People start talking about Luffy again.
- Luffy and WB talk about the who will Pirate King. WB calls Luffy a brat.
- Kizaru ask if he can kill them all. Sengoku give him the ok. Chapter ends.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The war is FINALLY over.

Maybe now we can get back to adventuring ;_;

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
Oh cool, guess that means I have a lot of chapters to catch up on.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Dunno if anyone still reads this but if they do... what is everyone's theory on Luffy's message? Some people think it has to do with the bell ringing 16 times and others seem to think that the message is written on his arm in this page:
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/73264755/10

Before you answer I want to post something that someone pointed out at AP
This has been addressed a couple of times. SA does NOT stand for Sabondy Archipelago, or at least the "A" doesn't.

Why would Oda use an "A" to represent "shoto"? He's never used the word archipelago before.

The Japanese shorthand for SA written in roman alphabet shorthand would be SS.

Now so far the two theories I've heard that I really like are that the 16 bells are telling them to meet up in the new year. The other theory that I'm leaning towards is that the first two letters on Luffy's arm appear to be a crossed out 3D. and the next two are 2Y. Rayleigh told everyone that they would meet up in 3 days back in Chapter 507. So this would mean the message is "Not 3 Days, 2 years."

It seems weird that Luffy would want to wait though since he so badly wanted to see his crew. But maybe he's looking out for their safety. I mean he knows he's not invisible now and the Marines are everywhere.

Any other thoughts?

Top Bottom