Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Dang it’s too bad it’s only JP voice actors in the GL app, it would be nice if Ray Chase could get a consolation gig after XV “closed” suddenly.

(I’m spending my draw tickets and gems as they come in, another 14 tix and 5000 gems and no Force Stealer yet, just repeats.)

Ite

AKA
Ite
Um so okay feel free to mock me but I made a Character Aquisition Guide because for some reason I like spending my spare time making spreadsheets. It includes all characters released for the Global (GL) app.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M18wcQZOCIJcIP23DKXu-c5HGtoTEO71G1Udcob8p-I/edit?usp=sharing

About half way through making it I realized that this isn't going to help anyone because you should do events as they become available. At least you can use it to time your Lost Chapters out!

(also yeah that doc doubles as my personal game tracker, I make one for most RPGs I play XD)

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
As of today, the Snow character event has been turned into a Lost Chapter and it's time for me to rant about something I really don't like about this game:

Initially, when A Burning Passion was released as an event, Lightning and Serah were not yet available as PCs (Chapters 8 and 9 hadn't been written yet). The three cutscenes in the Snow event contained characters from Chapters 1 and 2, and the snowy environment implied that the event took place sometime during or shortly after Chapter 4. The last of these three cutscenes, "The Will to Protect All of Us" contained the following dialogue:

Snow: I can't allow my home to be destroyed. I've got someone there I care about, you know? I'm not going to let anyone get hurt.
Cloud: Pretty sure of yourself, huh?
Cecil: Do you really think you can do it all on your own?
Snow: It's not gonna be easy, but I'm sure it'll all work out. It always does. Besides, I'm not alone. I've got you guys, right?
Zidane: That's the spirit! I think we're gonna get along just fine. ...So, is this someone you're trying to protect really that cute?
Snow: You bet she is. I could go on about her all day. ...So I better not see you try to make a move on her.
Hope: Don't worry. Her sister would kill you before Snow ever got to you.
Zidane: Y-you don't say. Sounds like Snow has it rough back home.

When they turned the event into a Lost Chapter, they added two new cutscenes before "The Will to Protect All of Us" ......one of which includes both Lightning and Serah. The dialogue from "The Will to Protect All of Us" has not changed, it has just been made nonsensical, because everyone was just being chummy with the people they're now hearing about for the first time. And you have to watch the cutscenes in that order. This lack of attention from the storytellers is ALL over the place in OO. It's what made me want to do that google doc, but the closer I look at the story the more blatant inconsistencies and laziness I find. It makes me wonder why they bothered to include a story at all.

The Force Stealer draw is done. I spent 122 draw tickets and 85,000 gems. Didn't get it.

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
There's been another update today, Hope, Squall, Lightining, Ace and Zidane now have their awakenings up to lvl 60. There's another free 1x draw that guarantees a 4* or 5* weapon as well.

Crystal level caps have been upgraded as well, you can now carry 9999 of each crystal, so there's no chance of you hitting the cap. T4 crystals are still at 999 though.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Usually co ops. They appear in the token exchange for both silver and gold tokens. Hard mode lost chapters give them if you manage to complete them with that character.

Usually when they start an awakening batch, everybody gets free ones when a communal score is reached in the co op event.

New shards have been added to the Winter event as well, make sure you get those.

You can now get rewards for using link bells in co op. It looks like it’s guaranteed Eidoga for the boosted characters, before you only got the featured character (Noctis event you were guaranteed Noctis, randomly Rem or Irvine) guests can use link bells too to get in on those rewards. They now replenish over time as opposed to daily reset.

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
I got Terra’s EX! On a draw ticket no less. Free 2 Play for the win.

I like the timed link bells. So glad Zidane got his awakening too. Now to stockpile gems for his EX weapon! ^_^

This gameplay gets better and better, as do the bonus things. All of my gripes are with story stuff — now that I’m through with all that, I can really enjoy the game. (That doesn’t sound like a sentence that should relate to a Final Fantasy title, but this is a Dissidia after all.)

Ite

AKA
Ite
I've been getting Chocobo Feathers for "dailies" mission rewards (they give them for your first, third, and fifth of the day). The Winter Waltz awards Chocobo Downs about as often as its special popsicle and champagne support items. I got one Tail Feather from one of the co-op events (probably the new Twilight Menace one, I've been spamming the Lv. 70 battle for Zidane artifacts and tokens). They are really rare drops, at least they seem to be on my end as well.

TerraBranfordStrife

Terra + Cloud forever
Can someone PLEASE tell exactly where they are getting feather drops? The wing (?) and tail feathers specifically. I've tried co-op, the winter waltz and just various quests in different zones and I am getting NOTHING. Thank you so much!!!

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Since it's Christmas, Noel is coming to JP:
He's the new chapter character.

So is Alphinaud:
I thought he had an Umbreon with him...

Selphie is coming to GL on Thursday. Her and Cait Sith are apparently the best characters to use for a while if you manage to get their 35CPs. The interlude chapter should come by the end of January.

• Twilight Menace Event + Awakening Batch #3 + World of Illusions on December 20.
  • With Trabia in Mind (Selphie Event) on December 27 with Squall's SeeD Uniform.
  • The Princess of Dalmasca (Ashe LC) + Radiant Artifacts on December 31.
  • Cecil Harvey EXP x2 on December 31 (❓ possible event planned).
  • New Year's Incursion + Carbuncle's Treasures on January 1.
  • Itchin' for Greater Fights (Gilgamesh Event) on January 7
  • ⚠️ Maintenance scheduled on January 9.
  • Heretic Event + Awakening Batch #4 + World of Illusions on January 10.
  • A Thousand Words (Relm Event) on January 21.
  • ⚠️ Maintenance scheduled on January 30.
Note: Cater LC, Aerith LC and Lion LC are planned but the dates are not available yet. They might be on January 14, January 28 and February 11.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
That would be Obsidian Carbuncle next to Alphinaud. It's his attack Carbuncle in FFXIV.

And I got Tidus' EX Weapon! The good news is that I already have his 35C) weapon... guess it's time to save up gems for when his 15CP weapon is up...

Chocobo EX items come from a variety of sources. Downs randomly pop up in fight rewards. Feathers are give as part of the Daily Rewards. Tail Feathers I have never seen.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
She makes hard content so much easier, I managed to clear all of Krile's lost chapter in hard mode. I'd never managed that before. I managed to MLB her 15cp and get her 35cp.

If you're running her, you need to have Life of Trabia passive on and you need as many Life of Trabia** as possible as it boosts the party's initial and max brv by 5% for each passive when hp is at least 50%.

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
Zidane’s EX weapon draw starts today. Been stockpiling gems and tix since I missed out on Cloud’s. 189 tix and 20,000 gems. Let’s see if I get it...!

Edit: nope... Serah is SET though... if I ever want to use her :/

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Here's the event schedule for February:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/aleymt
They said they've never done this event list for global before because it was always data mined before they could do anything.

Beatrix is supposed to be coming with her EX weapon off the bat, her Save the Queen. Cait Sith is arriving in a couple of hours, and they altered his banner. In JP it was WoL, Cait Sith and Ace, but they swapped Ace with Penelo in global.

The Weapon shop has been added, with 15 and 35cp weapons available for all characters. 10 power tokens for 15 and 25 for 35cp. These tokens are not as generous as armor tokens, so spend them carefully.

There's also going to be anniversary banners with 1 free pull each.

Also after the update there's a bad glitch that makes you watch the intro scene again as if you have a new account. Get through it though, your account is still there.

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
Very generous! Logging in I felt like Harry Potter’s brother. Have 3000 gems! And a few hundred enhance crystals! And some power stones, why don’t ya? Oh and here, have two of Cloud’s gold weapon! Happy anniversary!

Loving the weapon store idea. The gambling draw or pull banner or whatever is fine for Ex weapons, but to do co-op missions with your favourite character you pretty much need a blue. And you bet I’ll be sending Terra to the back bench when Beatrix arrives!

Top Bottom