• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Yeah the sub is pretty salty about it I can understand why though.

Rikku and Red XIII are highly disappointing for not
being in at this point and I'm also pretty peeved we haven't got Quina or Amarant in yet either.

Red XIII I can kinda understand that the character model might have a few problems for animating etc and maybe thats why they've held off..but Rikku, Quina and Amarant I genuinely don't understand why they're not in the game yet, the four of them are the only permanent party members missing in OO except for ff 1 and 3 and to be fair given that they were the only ff games without a 'characterised' cast so to speak they did a good job of making WoL and OK embody that main character spirit anyways so I don't understand why the holding back.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's certainly weird. However they probably are saving those characters for storyline chapters, which probably would fit their importance as main characters more. It's just OO's storyline has sorta slowed down a bit.

But I'm sure they'll be coming soon. Hopefully. :monster:

Reactions: Ite

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
The thing is we're almost on global side 5.5 years and in JP they've finished act 3, it's just a very long time not to include them and bring in temp playable or NPCs into the game like Braska before main characters.

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
Let’s hear it
:hooboy:

Since jessie is probably only joining opera omnia because of the remake im thinking its maybe because her theme is already existing there. Nanani stands for cosmo canyon, a place which wasnt explored yet and his theme is pretty shirt itself...so maybe just maybe its cause the cosmo canon theme for the remake isnt out yet.
I....dont know what that game is about so its probably not true

And what do you mean with hoo boy? What were you expexting?

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I don't believe that theory stands simply because Opera Omnia has been going for 5.5 years Globally and 6.5 years in Japan and basically OO has spoilers galore for any of the games you haven't played, if that's the case then why hot have added Rikku or Quina or Amarant before other characyers

The cast was already long established and their stories explored before the remake fully took off.

Why they've chosen to add Jessie I don't know, but I'd like to think they won't use the remake as a basis for her story given what they've already explored story wise in OO for the FF7 gang.

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
I don't believe that theory stands simply because Opera Omnia has been going for 5.5 years Globally and 6.5 years in Japan and basically OO has spoilers galore for any of the games you haven't played, if that's the case then why hot have added Rikku or Quina or Amarant before other characyers

The cast was already long established and their stories explored before the remake fully took off.

Why they've chosen to add Jessie I don't know, but I'd like to think they won't use the remake as a basis for her story given what they've already explored story wise in OO for the FF7 gang.
Yea probably like i said i never played opera omnia and have not really an idea of its concept. I thought it was about songs

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
And what do you mean with hoo boy? What were you expexting?
I dunno, something about the devs being harassed into adding Jessie or something lmao

I always assumed they just couldn’t be bothered to make and animate a model for Red XIII but my beautiful baby boy needs representation too dammit

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I do think its an animation thing BUT at the same time they've animated Angelo and Interceptor, maybe its a custcene issue thing.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
They might be holding off to hype up part 2 or something, Rinoa and Locke were added to JP when they were released in NT, and Lann and Reynn were added when Maxima came out.

Rikku's an odd one since she was found on day one along with Guy. From what I heard a while ago her assets were removed...

I heard back in late 2016 that there was a test version in JP that had Umaro and Guy playable. Not sure on the truth in that, but Guy was found not long after launch.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Amazing references in that chapter. I'm hating that not all of them remember what happened in their world though.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
It'll be interesting how they handle her, is she OG Jessie or Remake Jessie? Or some generic Jessie that both is and isn't. Edgar touched on the idea of there being multiple versions of themselves accross the various worlds:

8:00

It would be interesting to see if she's the only character from the remake.

Redfang

Rookie Adventurer
Nice to see Cecil get a little love. Now if only they’d offer Golbez’s After Years outfit like they did for Duodecim. :D

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
His paladin version got a ton of love and was an absolute game changer in the early lufenia days ( I'm also greening him when his BT+ is out) even with Holy Absorb bosses so I am over the moon his Dark Knight Vesion is getting a load of love and THE RED WINGS as his BT theme is just the icing on the cake!

I would love Golbez TAY costume too! Unfortunately they only seem to have currently his alternate amano armor artwork. Maybe when he gets his FR weapon though?

Top Bottom