• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Original AC trailer

I'm still holding out hope that we may one day get to see the proto/proof-of-concept 1-minute video for Advent Children made by the CG team in the earliest stages of development. The CG team never even showed it to Nomura! :monster:

MF3Htge.jpg

Far as I know all the trailers haven't been saved in a single spot, but if you have the various DVD releases of Advent Children and the bonus discs, plus probably the "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII: Reflections" disc I'm pretty sure you'll have all the original Advent Children trailers. The only thing you won't have from that are of course the recordings from people filming the trailers as they were shown at events. I did however save plenty of these when I browsed the deep reaches of old Final Fantasy websites, both the still-existing and those who only remain on the Internet Archive.

As for having all the Advent Children Complete trailers, what you'll need is...
- The blu-ray movie disc itself
- The promotional disc that came with the "Cloud Vol.1" one-off magazine.
- Commercials people uploaded to YouTube (I think) :awesomonster:

Square Enix are less likely to remove these trailers if you upload them now but I wouldn't call it beyond the realm of possibility. I've seen uploads of bonus content from the Advent Children DVDs being taken down due to copyright. The more immediate issue though is that if we go the route of uploading ALL THE THINGS (and especially if we're aiming for high quality rips) we'll quickly need to pay for more storage space on TLS.

Last edited:

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Have all the old trailers for AC been saved somewhere? I remember AC.net had them all hosted but Square's lawyers swoop'd in and went "you can't host these", because they were idiots :monster:

It took me ages to find this. I even asked on this very forum about the bridge scene between Cloud and Kadaj a while ago, but to no success (if you guys can't find it then nobody can!).
I thought I had lost it forever as it's the scene which got me SO HYPED for AC in the first place.

In the end I found it on YouTube of all places. I searched for trailers from 2004 and it appeared after scrolling through a dozen or so.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I know it's a little hard to see, but I always thought these original models for Cloud looked a lot better than the final version.
I can't decide, but I know I prefer this presentation of the Cloud-Kadaj combat to how it was in the final version(s).

Granted, that frantic pace did fit the use of "Jenova Absolute" better, so ... seems I don't know about this either then. :monster:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I'm still holding out hope that we may one day get to see the proto/proof-of-concept 1-minute video for Advent Children made by the CG team in the earliest stages of development. The CG team never even showed it to Nomura! :monster:

MF3Htge.jpg
I still laugh whenever I remember that all the mocap for the motorcycle was done on bicycles.

But it's pretty ingenious, when you think about it.

Top Bottom