• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Overwatch

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The official page for Moira's up: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/moira/

Interesting backstory, Her Ultimate doing Damage, Healing, AND going through shields seems ridiculously OPAF – since Shields will even block the healing from Zen & Lúcio's Ults – and they ONLY do healing.

My other concern is that her attacks and orbs both seem to be "automatically hit anything close enough" attacks like Symmerta's – which is already a HUGE pain in the ass on console – and unless you can damage the attacks to stop them, they seem like they're incredibly un-fun to fight against.

I'm hoping for the best, 'cause the style is similar to Zen in ways that I think that I could potentially enjoy as a secondary character, I'm just a little concerned about the execution and whatnot. (Also, I'm surprised how closely her & Zen are with the Purple & Yellow Orb-based abilities).

X :neo:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I have only seen the VoD for USA vs Korea in Semis (or was it Quarters?) so far, time has not been good to me the last few days :(

That said. Good god Flow3r! The guy is insane. When he picked up Widow on Hanamura, that is some of the best offensive Widow I have ever seen.

That one shot through the checkerboard wall into the point. So good.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
China Vs. France was pretty good, as was France Vs. SK.

I also liked the Sweden vs. France match, but I was rooting hard for Sweden (for obvious reasons).

USA Vs. SK in the semi-finals was far and away the most intense. IGN did an article about how that match alone made them believe in Overwatch Esports, and I have to agree.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

I'd love to see a LFG-type or Role/Preference-Queue implementation of some kind in Overwatch, and I think it'd help Matchmaking & toxicity a bunch if they found a way to make it work.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yeah honestly Role/Lane selection is one of the best things that was ever added to League of Legends. It doesn't guarantee you will get the role you want but it's a step in the right direction, basically when you queue up you select the two roles you would like to play and the Match making tries to make that happen, if it takes to long it "auto fills" you into an open role.

It's reduced a lot of the toxicity in the game and that old feeling of being unsure what your going to get stuck with is no longer around. It would be great if something like it was added to Overwatch.

edit:

Making my way through the video and I can definitely see where Jeff is coming from.

In League Role/Lane selection can work because of how very defined the single map and the meta of 112J is (top lane, Middle lane, ADC/Support in bot lane, Jungler). Furthermore once you "lock in" your champion you can't switch champions after that point. Past Champion selection it's all very permanent.

That's definitely not the case in Overwatch that has a very distinct flow to each map and game type, where maybe having triple tank on point A is ideal, but for Point B your third tank should switch to something else. Obviously in a "Forced" role selection where if you picked Tank, and can only pick from Tanks after that point on hero swapping it would really stagnate options available.

Furthermore even in League of Legends you see the issue Jeff alluded to around 14-15 minutes in. Some players do see that say Support is being least played and will choose that + Fill for faster queue times, and then just lock in say s Mid lane champion instead. This is the issue he implies with the "preference" based Role Queue.

It's a shame. The system for the most part works really well for League, but yeah... thats a tough issue to overcome for Overwatch.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
astrospook#1444 i play really often, feel free to add + invite me to a group :) I got really drunk and ruined my SR the other day and got demoted to silver :( I typically play in the gold zone, trying to get to plat. DVa main.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I haven't played in a good while (since right around the Roadhog changes a few months back), but I'll add you for when I do come back, which might be soon due to Destiny 2 burn out setting in very much lol.

Also Rest in Peace Hulk

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yeah it's really sad. Only 30 years old , esports was really starting to take off for him. He just transitioned as the head coach for Team Liquids League team and then he just died. It's crazy. Way to young.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Alright guys, I'm coming to you to hear what you think of the great Mercy debate.

How do you balance the res? Does res belong in a first person shooter at all? Should they delete Mercy?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Res is fine, especially in a game with all the ultimates and other things like Overwatch has. TBH, as an ultimate it was a problematic and changed only because it made Mercy annoying to play, since it was all about Ult farming and hiding and hoping for a team wipe and Ctrl+Z. The tempo-Res she has now is really strong especially at a higher competitive level, but it's being balanced still and I expect it to bounce up and down a little bit more before it settles, especially once Hero 27 hits, since they're supposed to be meta changing.

It's even more apparent that it works out when you watch some of the OWL matches. They still run Mercy a lot in that build, but she's not a must-have in all scenarios. Being able to undo a quick death is pretty strong, but there're plenty of other characters whose Ults or other abilities can cause or prevent instant death, so it's not at all out of place.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Wait lootboxes are news now? :monster:

I'd consider it more news than the events are, because while those events have limited-time skins, temporarily theme some existing maps, and have fun themed game modes during their duration – this update is adding a bunch of stuff to the base game that's just going to always be available from now on.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
See if you had made your post like that I'd be more interested :monster:

I find myself having lost interest after the beta, and I did pay for the full game eventually, buut just lost interest. I also tried to start again after a while, but on the one side, same game, nothing new, and on the other, competitive play / ladders had been added, and there was a lot more err, indications from other players that when you play as character X you're supposed to play a certain way / do certain things. I never got the memo :monster:.

I wouldn't mind a co-op or singleplayer thing, something fun and that doesn't get you yelled at for being bad.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
There's plenty you should be able to do and just bash around without people being jerks. Here's the breakdown of stuff in the game:

• Competitive: FRD SRS BZNS. Know your character & role in a team before going in, and focus on playing in coordination with your team's composition. (I almost always play comp with at least one other person I know in a group these days).
• Quickplay: That's how you improve on heroes you want to start to play in competitive but don't feel confident enough in yet, OR what you'd play to warm up before diving into Comp. This is the best way to learn maps and practice for competitive with less pressure, so people still take it somewhat seriously. If someone's getting too salty in quickplay, just ignore them.
• Play VS. AI: If Quickplay folk are being too annoying. This is also good for learning map layouts, because you're always just steamrolling the opposition.
• Practice: Just pick a hero and learn their basic mechanics in a closed environment.
• Arcade: Tons of more casual game modes:
- Low Gravity: Quickplay with super low gravity.
- Total Mayhem: Health doubled, cooldowns at half (Fun for getting a quick handle on other heroes and just messing about).
- Mystery Heroes: Every time you die, you come back as a random hero.
- No Limits: Play as many of the same heroes on a team as you want on one team.
- 3v3 Elimination: Two teams of three. You won't respawn until the round ends, and the aim is to eliminate the other team. First team to 3 wins is the victor.
- 3v3 Lockout: Same as 3v3 Elimination, but if you win, those 3 heroes you won with become unselectable for any other round (good for practicing diversity of heroes).
- FFA Deathmatch: First to 20 kills (good for aiming practice).
- Capture the Flag: Just that.
- Event-specific: Various custom game modes that change with each event.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Wasn't there a game mode that involved killing robots at some point?

Also where's the obligatory zombie mode and/or large scale survival battle royale :monster:

Top Bottom