Pacific Rim

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Could have sworn we had a thread for this, but it's not coming up in searches.

Anyway, some viral material:

and

original.jpg

original.jpg

EDIT: If you haven't heard of this already, Pacific Rim is a sci-fi film being directed Guillermo Del Toro. It's going to have monsters, robots, Great Justice, and MASSIVE DAMAGE. :monster:

Last edited:

Ghost X

Not sure if I've heard of it or not. Pacific Rim is a pretty generic name after all. I certainly haven't paid attention to it, but shall do so now :wacky:.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
is it just me

or were the massive robots voiced by glados

which would be you know

FUCKING AWESOME

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
EDIT: If you haven't heard of this already, Pacific Rim is a sci-fi film being directed Guillermo Del Toro. It's going to have monsters, robots, Great Justice, and MASSIVE DAMAGE.

I love how you add in 'great justice.' ;P lol

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
My FFVII obsession is screaming "It's like Weapons: The Movie!"

And the mechs are cool, but Transformers didn't hook me with the long action robot scenes. Hope that doesn't happen here. Hell what am I saying that's what the whole movie's about.

Wish they would have stuck with the horror angle.

In transformers you couldn't actually see shit tho. Guillermo Del Toro has a decent sense for action from what I've seen from the Hellboys

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Ok wow, not sure how I hadn't heard of this before this thread. So, Del Toro, giant monsters, and now mecha with the voice of GLaDOS herself?
k16iop.gif

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
As a fan of kaiju films, especially Godzilla, and mechas I can't wait to see this film. And I have enjoyed most of Del Toro's films as well.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I just saw the trailer, I liked the bit where the monster got punched in the face.

Del Toro is a safe pair of hands so even though this kind of film isn't really my kind of thing I want to watch this.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Ellen McLain is still going to be in it; her voice just won't be processed quite as much as it was for GLaDOS. Apparently.

Top Bottom