Parasite Eve 2

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Man, this game is hard to find for a decent price. I want a copy with the case and everything, but its like at the very cheapest $40. Its freaking crazy

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
lawl

I need a copy of this too :monster:

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
haha, Im trying to prepare myself for The Third Birthday

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Bumpage, not because I want to start a discussion about the price of PE2, but about PE in general. :bigawesomonster:

So, great game, or greatest game? I was a real sucker for the first one, I think largely because it was a biological science fiction, and biology absolutely fascinates me.

Based on my education at the time, I was never convinced that mitochondria could "rebel". There are, however, real disorders that are caused by mutations in mitochondrial DNA. The fact that mitochondria were probably descendant from an independent organism is also interesting, as well as the lineage of that DNA being inherited from the mother's side.

The actual story stuff, though, was also paced very nicely, I thought. It's been a while since I've played it, but I liked that you only knew just as much as Aya did about the relationship between her, her sister Maya, and Eve as you played the game.

There were problems with the game, of course. Aya's "run" speed, the hell that was the Chrysler building, and the fact you could ruin your game if you saved while the Ultimate Being is chasing you :rage:. Imperfections aside, this game left a long-lasting impression on me. :awesome:

BTW, what did people think of the gameplay changes between the first PE and the second?

tl;dr: This topic is now about anything related to PE. :awesome:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think the gameplay changes from PE1 to PE2 were terrible. They tried too hard to be like RE. It fucked it up.

I try to forget PE2 ever existed. I was disappointed with it, and I wish PE2 had taken place back in New York.

It's why I'm happy The 3rd Birthday is taking place in New York again. I have high hopes for it and hope it'll be as good as the first.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
I think the gameplay changes from PE1 to PE2 were terrible. They tried too hard to be like RE. It fucked it up.

I try to forget PE2 ever existed. I was disappointed with it, and I wish PE2 had taken place back in New York.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. There are more reviews out there than I can stand saying it was a good step, but I was not pleased at all, especially after being so excited for a sequel. >_>

Asterisk

AKA
Azzure, Hyades
Eh, I find used copies of this game all the time for 10$. Never bothered buying a copy.

Never really got into these games, bored the hell out of me and I couldn't be dammed to conserve ammo, so I just cheated.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Aww, I think that's too bad, because the story really is terrific, I think (normal and EX). For the first one, anyway. But if you don't like it, then you don't like it, and that's cool.

Speaking of conserving ammo, I've tried nightstick only runthroughs. I know you won't be arsed, but that's pretty fun. :wacky:

BTW I also want to mention the soundtrack. One of my favorites to this day, and even persuaded me to like opera. :monster:

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
I'm very excited for The 3rd Birthday, Parasite Eve is a classic, the 2nd is good, not great but an enjoyable game. Ironically, the OST for Parasite Eve II is not good, but Mizuta's next work would be absolutely awesome (Final Fantasy XI).
Glad to know that Shimomura is back to The 3rd Birthday, and I'm looking forward to see the results!

Top Bottom