• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Re: PE: 3rd Birthday

For PSP? w00t! Yet another game for my little system. ^_^

Even though I haven't played either of the first two games. Perhaps I should.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=127.msg2090#msg2090 date=1229322087]
For PSP? w00t! Yet another game for my little system. ^_^

Even though I haven't played either of the first two games. Perhaps I should.
[/quote]

lol I lone have 5 versions of CC and Castlevania X on my PSPlol

You should if you like Resident Evil.
[quote author=CelesChere link=topic=127.msg2099#msg2099 date=1229331084]
OMFG! PE for the PSP?!

I must have. :duhard:
[/quote]
It was orignally was going to be a mobel game, Thank god SE got their head out of their @ss and chose a system I havelol

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

This is actually giving me motivation to finish the original Parasite Eve, which has been collecting dust since the last time I touched it. I don't think I'll be able to get my hands on/finish Parasite Eve 2 in time for this game to come out, I have so many other games I need to finish instead o_o;

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer

PE2 is sort of Scary if you hate crap jumping out of places......and one of the first CG freaking shit out of me back when.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
MASSIVE thread rez.

CG & Gameplay Trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-the-3rd/101620

Here's a link to a gameplay preview at IGN
http://psp.ign.com/articles/109/1099566p1.html

AND SOME BRAND NEW NEWS THAT THEY MAY WANT THE GAME TO BECOME THEIR NEXT BIG SERIES
http://psp.ign.com/articles/110/1102015p1.html

I have beat the first game, and beat it through the Chrysler Building, but I have never completed the second one, because the gameplay was so very different, but I still VERY much want attempt to do so before playing this. The first game is still one of my favorites, though Mako's comment here really sums up my feelings:

I think the gameplay changes from PE1 to PE2 were terrible. They tried too hard to be like RE. It fucked it up.

I try to forget PE2 ever existed. I was disappointed with it, and I wish PE2 had taken place back in New York.

It's why I'm happy The 3rd Birthday is taking place in New York again. I have high hopes for it and hope it'll be as good as the first.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Bastards never released PE1 in Europe. D:<

:O

No wai! I don't even... What the... Good god, that blows.

Well, I could almost guarantee that PE1 will be released on PSN PSOne Classics when this game comes out, because it's such an OBVIOUS move to make to help promote The 3rd Birthday. If they do, then hopefully means that it would hit the EU region (for the first time). Seriously - it's a fucking travesty that you guys've never gotten this game.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So Aya's gonna be nekkid in this game. :awesome:

I wonder if anyone has ever read the novel or seen the movie of Parasite Eve.
Actually, I wonder how many people even KNOW there was a novel and a movie which the game apparently acts as a sequel to. :wacky:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Actually, I wonder how many people even KNOW there was a novel and a movie which the game apparently acts as a sequel to. :wacky:

I think I tried once, I remember taking the book out from the library. I lost interest around 30 pages in.

Never knew about the movie though.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

I in fact OWN the movie, but have never found the novel. :awesomonster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I thought the movie was hilarious. This shit looks weird. I read somewhere that's it's not even going to be the same as "Parasite Eve" or some shit.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If this game ignores PE2, that'll be a good thing.

I'm feeling hesitant optimism regarding this game. But still need to see more.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I'm hesitant in general about big titles getting sequels on portable systems because some take it as an excuse to be really fucking lazy.

I loved PE1 but I never played PE2 because I heard it was underwhelming so the franchise is still awesome in my memory. I'm also holding out for PE1 to make it on the PSone classics.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm hesitant in general about big titles getting sequels on portable systems because some take it as an excuse to be really fucking lazy.

Well, considering the size and scope of PE1, I'm not expecting anything larger than that. Which means it'd be perfectly capable of translating onto the PSP without anything getting lost in conversion. The PSP is a capable handheld. UMD sucks but its not as bad as big name console franchise getting shoved into a damn DS cartridge. :monster:

I loved PE1 but I never played PE2 because I heard it was underwhelming so the franchise is still awesome in my memory. I'm also holding out for PE1 to make it on the PSone classics.

If you see it for 5 bucks, pick it up. But yeah, you're seriously not missing out on much.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The movie is referenced in part in the game, as something that occurred in Japan, where some of the preliminary research was done, or something. What was the book about?

I know it's going to be more of a shooter oriented game, but I hope they don't go more towards the RE style. Parasite Eve was creepy in a lot of ways that it didn't gloss over. I think that was the main "different from PE" that the reviews had talked about, in addition to the fact that you're supposed to be able to drop into this story without feeling like you're coming in to the middle of a series - which is good because of how few people have played it, and (apparently) that EU never even fucking got the first game.

There were some really horrifying things. You were alone, because anyone else coming too close to eve, or her giant Mitochondrial blob child, either were incinerated on the spot, or their Mitochondria exited their bodies, and they were absorbed into the mass. You weren't trapped, or arbitrarily alone, you were quite literally the only person who could get close enough to do anything. Also, setting it in a real location, and giving it something with a completely unique, and scientific storyline.

Also - I don't know how P.E. managed to make smooth jazz piano music so creepy, but it was amazing.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The movie is referenced in part in the game, as something that occurred in Japan, where some of the preliminary research was done, or something. What was the book about?

I know it's going to be more of a shooter oriented game, but I hope they don't go more towards the RE style. Parasite Eve was creepy in a lot of ways that it didn't gloss over. I think that was the main "different from PE" that the reviews had talked about, in addition to the fact that you're supposed to be able to drop into this story without feeling like you're coming in to the middle of a series - which is good because of how few people have played it, and (apparently) that EU never even fucking got the first game.

There were some really horrifying things. You were alone, because anyone else coming too close to eve, or her giant Mitochondrial blob child, either were incinerated on the spot, or their Mitochondria exited their bodies, and they were absorbed into the mass. You weren't trapped, or arbitrarily alone, you were quite literally the only person who could get close enough to do anything. Also, setting it in a real location, and giving it something with a completely unique, and scientific storyline.

Also - I don't know how P.E. managed to make smooth jazz piano music so creepy, but it was amazing.

One of the most memorable aspects of Parasite Eve was its music. It really suited the New York holiday setting. It built tension and suspense without sounding overbearing or generic. I loved it all. The pre-rendered backgrounds were beautiful too.

Parasite Eve was an awesome game, with its item customization, equipment, and personalized form of leveling up and growing your character. It was a unique RPG. I hope that carries over in this game. The Overdrive system leaves me scratching my head though....

She's switching bodies with people...then leaving? How does that even work? Do they become clones of her temporarily...is she teleporting? Wha?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
One of the most memorable aspects of Parasite Eve was its music. It really suited the New York holiday setting. It built tension and suspense without sounding overbearing or generic. I loved it all. The pre-rendered backgrounds were beautiful too.

Parasite Eve was an awesome game, with its item customization, equipment, and personalized form of leveling up and growing your character. It was a unique RPG. I hope that carries over in this game. The Overdrive system leaves me scratching my head though....

She's switching bodies with people...then leaving? How does that even work? Do they become clones of her temporarily...is she teleporting? Wha?

I believe that the IDEA is that she's taking over their bodies via Mitochondrial control. The only reason you look like her is so that you don't spend the whole game playing as other people. Showing her in their place is just representative of where her consciousness is. (The advantage is that she can attack something with multiple bodies, and viewpoints). The aim is to do so, while still not killing the soldiers you're with.

I think of it like Mokoto taking over another prostetic body in Ghost in the Shell, how they always use some sort of visual similiarity to let the audience know it's her. Mostly I think they just didn't want you staring at people OTHER than her for the majority of the game (because she's attractive).

Obvious flaws if you take it realistically, but that's what I understood of the game based on the descriptions.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I believe that the IDEA is that she's taking over their bodies via Mitochondrial control. The only reason you look like her is so that you don't spend the whole game playing as other people. Showing her in their place is just representative of where her consciousness is. (The advantage is that she can attack something with multiple bodies, and viewpoints). The aim is to do so, while still not killing the soldiers you're with.

Eh, I dunno. They say that she's literally them. That'd make sense but we'll see :monster:

I think of it like Mokoto taking over another prostetic body in Ghost in the Shell, how they always use some sort of visual similiarity to let the audience know it's her. Mostly I think they just didn't want you staring at people OTHER than her for the majority of the game (because she's attractive).

Obvious flaws if you take it realistically, but that's what I understood of the game based on the descriptions.

Did they say that? Because all I've heard is that she's just switching places with them.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Because Yoko Shimomura is an awesome composer? :monster:

Also, X is right. They did say that her consciousness takes over other people but the player always sees Aya as, well, Aya. But she's really somewhere else, in some HQ or something.
Also, taking hits damages your clothes. Which is also just a visual representation and not "really" happening apparently. Oh, and fanservice.

And her consciousness during the mind transfer is nude.

The-3rd-Birthday-Screenshot-05.jpg

The-3rd-Birthday-Screenshot-07.jpg

Top Bottom