Partial translation of interview with Sakurai in Ultimania

Mmm. Speaking of Sakurai, is it possible to have a Club for him? I mean, he's not exactly an FF character though...XD

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
Awesome, I'm so joining a club for Sakurai. <3

Also, this really should be front page'd. Someone? Anyone? ;_;

Tiefenrausch

Solitary Dancer
"I want to forever treasure the things I've felt when I played FF as a child, so I'd like for everyone to hold on to their love for FF as well. If you do that, then a remake of VII might eventually find its way to you - be it years or decades later."
I love this part.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And indeed, Cloud's scream at the end of CC is the most heart-breaking and epic scream I've ever heard.

It is, but I still can't help but wonder, is that really how Japanese people scream? It is heartwrenching, don't get me wrong, but its also almost inhuman..to me anyway. I've never heard anyone scream like that before, it's kinda weird sounding.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I just had a watch on youtube, and it sounds like a giant "BAWWW/WAAAH" type of scream, and as chilling as it is... it sounds real enough imo.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sorry for the lateness in getting this posted to the front page. My work computer fucking died and I've just been having a crazy ass day. I'll be getting it posted later tonight or at the most tomorrow morning on my new work comp :monster:

But again, thank you so much Defade for your hard work. It's getting up on the front page for sure. You rock ^^

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
It is, but I still can't help but wonder, is that really how Japanese people scream? It is heartwrenching, don't get me wrong, but its also almost inhuman..to me anyway. I've never heard anyone scream like that before, it's kinda weird sounding.

A friend of mine once told me that they way the voice anime is not the way they talk in real life... so I dunno..

Defade

&#12502;&#12523;&#12540;&#12524;&#12452;&#9733;&#1
A friend of mine once told me that they way the voice anime is not the way they talk in real life... so I dunno..

It is different, yeah. At least from what I could gather from my two trips to Japan.

Anime voicing is much more enunciated than the way normal Japanese people speak, and slight intonation differences are present as well. The average Japanese person would probably sound closer to Tifa's way of speaking than Cloud, Sephiroth, or any other seasoned veteran seiyuu.

That's only for speaking though. I've never heard a scream close to that in real life, but it's probably possible for someone to scream like that in a despairing situation.

And thanks everyone for your support. Glad to be of service.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Anime voicing is much more enunciated than the way normal Japanese people speak, and slight intonation differences are present as well. The average Japanese person would probably sound closer to Tifa's way of speaking than Cloud, Sephiroth, or any other seasoned veteran seiyuu.
I was going to say the same thing -- anime voicing is, in my own personal opinion, is way over-the-top (but to each, his own). It's the reason why Tifa has my favorite "voice." Since she was voiced by a "live-action/drama" actress, she sounded more real / more like an actual person, and less like a cartoon character than the rest of the cast did.

It is different, yeah. At least from what I could gather from my two trips to Japan.
Don't need a trip to Japan to know that. :P Just listen to live-action movies / shows and compare them with anime.

+ since I haven't done said it already... thank you, Defade, for translating the interview. It was a nice little read. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom