Password wankness

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
This is Road/Cookie Monster. :monster:

The link sent in the email to reset passwords didn't work.

The email provided me with this link...

http://www.example.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw&email=*email*@hotmail.com

...which as you can see does not even link to TLS. So, I corrected it and used the password recovery system, which also didn't work. So, I'm pretty much screwed. Fix pl0x.

Also, once fixed you should merge my accounts.

And finally, G.Mods should be given limited ACP access. Since there were no Administrators available, I contacted one of our G.Mods to discover they don't have ACP access. G.Mods had it on the previous forum software. They should be able to handle these situations, and I believe they need ACP access to do so.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
It worked for me on my second try. But it was still being an insufferable gay.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
It worked for me on the first try, but CK couldn't get it to sort itself. So yeah, that blows and probably explains why the site hasn't been particularly active since the move to vB :monster:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
I received the email 5 minutes ago, an hour after messing with it for 45 minutes. :monster:

Clicked the link provided in the email, which told me it sent another email including my new password info. Still waiting to receive said email. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I never had any problems. Is it your browser? Are the emails being sent to your spam folder?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It appears that butterflybookmark is having a lot of problems as well. She already reset her password but she can't login or view the forum, and I guess when she did reset her password it took hours to get the email. :/

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Ha, after messing with it 50 times, I finally got it to work. Now I just need my name changed back to Cookie Monster, and my accounts merged.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
It is a pain in the ass to get to work. It wouldn't accept my password so I had to get it to reset it then it wouldn't accept the words I was putting in for the image verification thing. And then it wouldn't accept the password it sent me.

Yes, that's likely why it's a bit slower. However, if those things can be corrected it should be fine. I think a few things like PMs have gone missing as well.

It is a pain in the ass to get to work. It wouldn't accept my password so I had to get it to reset it then it wouldn't accept the words I was putting in for the image verification thing. And then it wouldn't accept the password it sent me.

Yes, that's likely why it's a bit slower. However, if those things can be corrected it should be fine. I think a few things like PMs have gone missing as well.

Damn.

Is it just me, or is there also a problem with the quotes in the PMs?

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
The quotations seem to be a bit screwed up as well, yes. I also noted that my avatar, profile details, Aka field and some of my signature was either missing or screwed. However, I'm not particulary concerned as replacing that's easy--I do rather miss the AKA field, but that's hardly a point of severe contention, at least from me.

I also wouldn't mind having the ability to change my own username option back--I had become very fond of M.I.L.F. username. :P

However it seems that most everything is intact, and there's a number of new features (assuming they came with the upgrade, as they seem quite a lot like ACF's).

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
5 times trying, two emails sent at once.
No password first one second one password then third time trying it, it worked.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm pretty sure I added the AKA field yesterday... yes I did, it's in the Edit Your Details section. Avatar import failed due to the import script being a picky cunt, but that should be easy enough to fix. Quotes will have to be fixed manually or ignored, blame SMF's quaint quote tag formatting for that.

There might be some other bugs with missing content, but that's most likely to blame on vB's caches having to update. Speaking of, I'm curious to how fast pages are loading now - on the old one, it was 0.1 - 0.2 seconds with 20+ queries.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Finally got my password thanks to road. x) And then the reset password email got sent to me after I logged on TLS lolz.

Username

Banned
Can someone help me plz :monster:

i still cant even get onto the password change page, it just comes up with google error, page wont load shit.

so anything? thnks.

Oh and merge to User Name plz.

Last edited:

Username

Banned
ok i know double posts omg mad...

but still i wanna make it clear, i av deleted the silly password change post from my hotmail...cos it just never worked for me, the link, i want my old account and posts merged to this one if posible please, someone must know how to do this operation?

edit: mako has informed me they are looking into it. dont wanna come across as forceful, soz.

Last edited:
Top Bottom