• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

PC Version/Mods

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Currently I have the 7th Heaven installer thing with many of the mods that come with it from here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

Miscellaneous - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
Battle Models - Weapons
Field Models - Objects
Animations
Battle Models - Characters
Battle Models - Enemies
Battle Textures
Field Models - Main Characters
Field Models - Non-Player Characters
Field Textures - yarLson
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Movies
Media - Music and Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames - Chocobo Race
Minigames - Coaster
Minigames - Fort Condor
Minigames - Motorbike Chase
Minigames - Wonder Square
Spell Textures
The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul
World Models - Characters
World Models - Enemies
World Models - Vehicles
World Textures

FF7 NT IRO July 2018

And in the 7th Heaven installer, you can "Configure" each of these and choose specific things that you want them to do or not do.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Currently I have the 7th Heaven installer thing with many of the mods that come with it from here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

Miscellaneous - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
Battle Models - Weapons
Field Models - Objects
Animations
Battle Models - Characters
Battle Models - Enemies
Battle Textures
Field Models - Main Characters
Field Models - Non-Player Characters
Field Textures - yarLson
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Movies
Media - Music and Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames - Chocobo Race
Minigames - Coaster
Minigames - Fort Condor
Minigames - Motorbike Chase
Minigames - Wonder Square
Spell Textures
The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul
World Models - Characters
World Models - Enemies
World Models - Vehicles
World Textures

FF7 NT IRO July 2018

And in the 7th Heaven installer, you can "Configure" each of these and choose specific things that you want them to do or not do.
Thanks!

I didn't think NT and Reunion were compatible, though. :/

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I got my regularly-scheduled like from Tres, and was therefore summoned back to this thread.

After messing around with this all day, it turns out that the answer to my previous question concerning compatibility between 7th Heaven and Reunion is "kinda." The redone menus work fine, but the translation update conflicts with NT. So meh.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I can't seem to get those two to run in 7th heaven together, even just to pick and choose elements. It just goes "Nope." so I must be doing something terribly, terribly wrong.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Older, so that's probably part of my problem. For whatever reason the copy of 7th Heaven I have won't update it's catalogue, so I'm stuck with older, glitchier versions of mods.

Another funny element is that somehow Cloud's mouth texture on his battle model got corrupted after I modded the game. It's been replaced with a tv-static like texture that makes it look like he's wearing a punk Japanese surgical/ninja type mask.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Hi guys, a pleasure to be a part of this community.

obviously with the imminent release of the remake, the itch to replay FFVII has been stronger than ever so why not re-experience it with mods.

a few questions,

- What mods are essential in your opinion?
- Any mods that restore unused content?

thanks!

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I've been working on a mod myself for a while that does a lot of things including increased drop/steal rates, a revision of the whole script, xbox and ps buttons, new fonts, a built-in hires UI based on a new one made by Chrysalis of Quimm (with his approval), some restored and expanded scenes as well as a few brand new ones, more locations for missable/limited items, better Fort Condor prizes, notifications for the affection system and Fort Condor battles, and an expansion for the affection system including item rewards and a new participant. It's still very much a WIP and I've got a long way to go, but I do intend to finish it.

I'll put a thread up about it once I get a bit more done. I've got the script revision done up through the entrance to the Mythril Mines, and that's one of the more time-consuming parts of the mod aside from making the new scenes. The UI and fonts are in place, and I'm doing the rest as I go. I've had to delay my forward progress a bit since I went back to add in those scenes and other extra dialogue related to the new parts of the affection system, but most everything else is done up through the Chocobo Farm. Odysseus has been a big help in learning to use Makou Reactor, so props to him for that.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Has anyone seen the 4-8 productions Scavenger mod? It’s pretty awesome. Basically it wipes your inventory at certain checkpoints, and you have to puzzle your way through each section of the game using only what that section provides.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I actually have been working on a mod that adds in most of the games unused content for a long time now.
I've got a thread about it here. and Here's a google doc with the latest version of the mod. I also have a big list of all the changes I made which I believe I put in that thread.
that´s honestly impressive! although im generally iffy about user made story modifications, if that's minimal I will definitely give it a try.

how much of the unused script is in?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
how much of the unused script is in?
I restored as much as I could without destroying the pacing of the story, or otherwise adding stuff that was super redundant. I'd say 75% of the significant unused text is in now. The big omission is the early version of Sector 7, which would have been impossible to completely restore due to the PC version missing animations that existed in the original PS1 version. The only story modifications I made is a new sidequest you would have to go extremely out of your way to even do (it lets you access the debug room.) I didn't mess with the main story at all.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
On a replay with a new version I've finally gotten to 'Disc 3' of New Threat. One interesting thing, you get a lot more levels! My team is around level 80, and it's not like I did any grinding (and I still lost to Hojo on my first try). Now to try and find the new stuff for character's ultimate weapons and limit breaks.
Going through the whole game of tailoring characters with the new SP system is definitely rewarding. My Tifa is insanely strong, haha.

I've attempted two of the new optional bosses so far.
Lucrecia took me two tries, but was a pretty cool fight. It unlocked Chaos, but not the Death Penalty.

And Django (palette-swapped Red) I have lost on two attempts. This is the first fight in this game that has felt HP sponge-y to me. My second attempt went on for a long time. It's a one on one fight too, so it's a little annoying, haha.

Top Bottom