Pedobear

http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4583

Pedobear.gif

Saw this commented out lol. Wtf.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think we had a pedobear joke back then, :monster:. IIRC I had a script up that would randomly show a pedobear somewhere on the forums. I forgot where the discussion came up from. May have been Mog himself that just tossed an april fool's joke out there.

Should I nuke that thread from the archives?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I remember that it was an April Fool's joke, what with the Pedobear on the forum. He would pop up in the lower left hand corner then slowly slide away.

Don't ask me why I have such a clear memory of this...

Dark Nation

Melodramatic much..
Pedobear is fine...but posting in derailed week old threads isn't...

It's all starting to make perfect sense.

This pish belongs in the sector 7 sewers. Seriously thought TLS was above this shite.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
This thing was 6 years ago, and I certainly don't think it is 'fine' and I don't think it would have been tolerated had it happened now. I'm not really sure what you're referencing there, we don't usually crack down on necroposting or anything like that.

Lex

Administrator
As a general note, I want to close this thread because it's served its purpose in explaining that this was an April Fools Day joke and hopefully that attitudes in that thread are just a remnant of a board culture that's no longer here. I know there's a "freedom to say whatever I want!" default response popping up in some people's heads but yeah I'd rather not bring any of the 4chan style stuff back to TLS, considering it bred a toxic board culture before.

Pedobear is fine...but posting in derailed week old threads isn't...

It's all starting to make perfect sense.

This pish belongs in the sector 7 sewers. Seriously thought TLS was above this shite.

Nobody said this was fine, and your continued rage at my suggestion you shouldn't have made said post is weird as fuck tbh. To recap, all I said was that your post wasn't helpful (because when shit is resolved bringing it all up again and bashing someone who you don't know, and is not here, is unhelpful). Specifically I said "this leaves a bad taste in my mouth", which is no way saying "as a moderator I am telling you you are not allowed to post this".

Your response was to delete your post, ignore my PM's about the matter and change your user title to "off to pastures new" as well as declare that you're "sick of all the drama here". Let's be real, that's a huge overreaction to me simply saying I thought your post was in bad taste. That's not drama, idk why you want to think it is. I don't have anything against you but by my count this is the third time you've declared you're leaving TLS due to "drama" when no such drama exists. The only one being dramatic here is you.

EDIT: In fact, here is a quote:

Lex said:
I don't want to make you feel stupid or like your opinion doesn't matter, but the L discussion was kind of over and continuing it like that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I understand that you wanted to share your opinion but I'm not sure that does us any good at this point.

That's what I said. Here. I don't know if there's a nicer way to tell someone what they said wasn't constructive.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Drama lol.

I feel like anyone who thinks being disagreed with is drama should take a cursory look at the archive and see the shenanigans there so as to calibrate their drama meters.

That stuff was like 6 years old. I'm 27, I was baaaarely 21 when I posted in that thread and I would bargain most people there were either around my age or even younger (late teens). Surprise surprise half a decade old jokes aren't representative of present day people.

Top Bottom