Perseverance (Jessie/Clessie Club)

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
That's what I was thinking, that it might be for climbing the plate. I don't want to think about FF7R without Jessie, though. That moment's gonna be hard. Maybe Barret, Tifa, and even Cloud will mention her, Biggs, and Wedge during travel dialogue after the plate collapse - moments kind of like when Barret was asking Cloud his age. You can still move around, but there's talking going on between the characters in your group. Maybe even a cutscene or two, so the trio isn't simply forgotten for the rest of the game.
Yeah I saw her gun in tgs trailer then saw that hook he was holding in hollow and thought they seemed the same but I got a closer look.

Yeah same here like it is not vii without the characters all of them to be exact I like to think they thought about Jessie Biggs and wedge during those three years after meteorfall

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Lol jessie is short. Aw yes it's the rail car scene! That's what got me liking Jessie originally.

Reactions: LNK

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Yeah, I like how they're redoing it. I just hope we get the chance to give her the flower if we want to. I mean, it's literally right there in front of her face long before Tifa and Marlene ever even see it. She's got to say something about it.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
That's what I was thinking, that it might be for climbing the plate. I don't want to think about FF7R without Jessie, though. That moment's gonna be hard. Maybe Barret, Tifa, and even Cloud will mention her, Biggs, and Wedge during travel dialogue after the plate collapse - moments kind of like when Barret was asking Cloud his age. You can still move around, but there's talking going on between the characters in your group. Maybe even a cutscene or two, so the trio isn't simply forgotten for the rest of the game.
I would be very surprised if there was no cutscenes or more mentions of the trio after part 1. Since their expanding on them in part 1, future parts should also reflect that

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Yeah, I like how they're redoing it. I just hope we get the chance to give her the flower if we want to. I mean, it's literally right there in front of her face long before Tifa and Marlene ever even see it. She's got to say something about it.
Yeah she's gonna ask for it, but Cloud is gonna say "Nope! It's not for you." Then she's gonna run off crying muahahaha

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Lol jessie is short. Aw yes it's the rail car scene! That's what got me liking Jessie originally.
I don't know if she's that much shorter than Cloud though. To me, it looks like Cloud is more in the foreground

Jairus

Yeah she's gonna ask for it, but Cloud is gonna say "Nope! It's not for you." Then she's gonna run off crying muahahaha

Lol, nah. He won't do that. But if SE wants to preserve the original two choices, they could still make it feel like Jessie's a part of it by doing something like having Cloud automatically try to give her the flower on the train. She tries to accept it, happy and surprised and flattered, but maybe has an allergic reaction to it and starts sneezing uncontrollably and has to give it back to him, thanking him in between sneezes and saying she wishes she could take it but can't because of what it's doing to her. That would give her and Cloud a nice bonding moment through the flower while still preserving the original choice later as it was in the OG.

Or SE could just be really nice to us and let us give to her if we want to. :)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Here's another one for the lads

79997797_p0.jpg

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79997797

And the more you mention the flower thing, Jairus, the more I feel like it would be weird if they didn't do something.

Jairus

Very nice artwork, Ody!

Man, the more I see and hear of Jessie in the remake, the more it seems SE are secretly sadists, making us all fall in love with her like that while knowing what's in store for her. And soon it'll actually be upon us. It's almost unreal. I don't know if I'm ready for that moment with her. Aerith in the OG was nice and I missed having her around and all, but... somehow I think what happens with Jessie is going to hit a lot harder, and not just to me. But to a lot of people. More than they may realize.

Well, it was only Cloud's that she messed up, and that was because she was trying to make it real special for him. But yeah, if he gave her the flower, I can see how it might distract her if she's thinking or daydreaming about him and of what might yet happen between them.

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
Very nice artwork, Ody!

Man, the more I see and hear of Jessie in the remake, the more it seems SE are secretly sadists, making us all fall in love with her like that while knowing what's in store for her. And soon it'll actually be upon us. It's almost unreal. I don't know if I'm ready for that moment with her. Aerith in the OG was nice and I missed having her around and all, but... somehow I think what happens with Jessie is going to hit a lot harder, and not just to me. But to a lot of people. More than they may realize.
In 4k.

Jairus

Yep. I think it'll be Aerith OG moment x10, just because of how much more advanced the tech is now and how much more they can show. I just hope that, at some point during that moment, she and Cloud get to have at least part of it alone, just the two of them. Maybe have Tifa run off in grief like she did for Aerith in the OG after saying her goodbye.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It actively depresses me to remember she's not gonna be around in the second half. God the next two weeks is gonna be torture

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Lol I was jk.
I do think the option of giving it to her would be great!

Also, the women that don't get it, could have a different attitude towards him and the one he does give it to (except Marlene) adult women should never be mad at a guy giving a flower to the little girl haha

Jairus

I know what you mean, Ody. Though half might be a bit inaccurate. If the alleged chapter count is anything to go by, then the plate drop won't happen until about 2/3 into the game, which means Jessie will be around for the bulk of the game. But yeah, that last third is going to feel a little empty without her. I don't want to think about it...

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I feel like its inevitably gonna end up in a cup on the bar of 7th Heaven no matter what, because as we all know,
C H O I C E I S A N I L L U S I O N
But that's good to here that she'll be there for 2/3 of the game. I'm not gonna lie, the reason I'm making the book out of Maiden now is at least partly because it's the only other "official" material she's in in any meaningful capacity. I don't wanna let goooooooooooooooo which is why you should pick a part to draw, @Pandemonium.

Jairus

You know what would be nice? If, when Aerith comes to get Marlene, Marlene takes the flower with her to Aerith's house. Thus saving it from the plate collapse, although Marlene wouldn't know she'd be doing that. In her mind, she'd just be taking something nice with her that she likes and taking care of it for Tifa, Jessie, or herself (whoever Cloud gave it to).

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
I know what you mean, Ody. Though half might be a bit inaccurate. If the alleged chapter count is anything to go by, then the plate drop won't happen until about 2/3 into the game, which means Jessie will be around for the bulk of the game. But yeah, that last third is going to feel a little empty without her. I don't want to think about it...
They will probably taök about them

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The fact we even see Aerith getting captured by Tseng is making me wonder if there are going to be times where the game focuses on other characters besides Cloud. Maybe we could see what AVALANCHE was up to while Cloud was running around with Aerith.

Jairus

I hope so. Maybe also a farewell scene akin to Aerith's water burial before they go to save Aerith - something like getting some flowers from the church and laying them down in front of the ruined gate, maybe. I don't know.

I hope that's the case, Ody. It would be nice to see SE's version of what Avalanche was doing during that time. Of course I have my own for my mod, as you've seen, but I like your multiverse approach, so it'd be good to see SE's alternative, hehe.

Top Bottom