Perseverance (Jessie/Clessie Club)

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Just a little Clessie humor for you all. I originally put it up before, but it kind of got lost in the midst of that debate with Echo about DLC. Anyway, here it is:

clessieText.png

Jairus

Well, it's a little hard since some of it is specific to things shown in the trailer - well, one scene, really, but the way it's done makes me worry that Jessie's being shafted out of opportunities to have much time or interaction with Cloud all by herself. When we've seen her shown in official stuff, it's nearly always been alongside Biggs and Wedge as well as Cloud. It's almost like the three seem to never do anything apart from each other, and I worry that during the time we have with them, it'll always be as a group. I'd just like to have a sidequest or mission or two where it's just Cloud and Jessie and nobody else.

And I'm still worried about them not including her in the flower choice and giving us some lame excuse just to keep her out of it. Also that we won't get to see her in a different outfit. SE comes up with nine dresses for the Wall Market sequence, but did it ever even occur to them to let Jessie have even one for a scene or two of her own in a different part of the game? Did they never stop to think that she's a girl too and that people might be interested in seeing her like that, in the same way we'll get to see Aerith and Tifa at Wall Market? I don't know anymore. I'm afraid she's being denied certain things like that just because she's an NPC.

chewbaka

Just hold on tight, okay?
fingers crossed, we'll just have to see next friday! also, i understand how you may feel but remember that while it's promised that avalanche gets a a bigger spotlight, the marketing of them have been really bad. so maybe that's only the case with the commercials and not the real product. we have to remember that marketing/commercials aren't to be 100% trusted, as some of them can straight up lie to get some cash in their hands.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Square's marketing campaign has definitely been banking on "familiar" elements, that's for sure.

Jairus

Yeah. Just once I'd like to seem them do a tweet/post about Jessie by herself, apart from the trio. But no, they'd never do that. She's not a main so she can't ever be given any individual promotional attention.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah it kinda sucks doesn't it? Too late to matter at this point, the game's out there now. I just hope she makes enough of an impact that we might see more Jessie specific stuff in the wake of the remake.

Jairus

I hope so, too. But I'm not in a good mood about it right now, and knowing that there's nothing I can do about it for another whole week and I have to sit here stewing about it and all the stuff I've been venting about during all that time doesn't help. I feel like hopes I've been holding onto for months are being shattered, and I don't know what to do.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I hope so, too. But I'm not in a good mood about it right now, and knowing that there's nothing I can do about it for another whole week and I have to sit here stewing about it and all the stuff I've been venting about during all that time doesn't help. I feel like hopes I've been holding onto for months are being shattered, and I don't know what to do.
Welcome to the sour grapes club, my brother.

Jairus

Thanks. I don't want to feel like this. I've been waiting for this game as long as everyone else. And I never intended to get so emotionally invested in the ship, it just sort of happened. Like I said, I just don't know what to do about it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Interacting with you guys definitely took my Jessie love from just a little quirk of mine to something I became pretty invested in. I don't care as much about the ship specifically, since Cloud himself isn't really the most appealing partner in my mind to begin with. I know how you feel about not knowing what to do with your feelings. It's been what I've been struggling with since the early release happened. The only proper catharsis for us is to play the damned game, isn't it? I want to tell you to focus on something else for a while, but I can't even make myself do that. My coping mechanism has been to start interacting with TLS even more so I can keep myself grounded. I'm always here if you just want to chat, man. Talking has helped me a lot.

Jairus

Thanks, Ody, I appreciate it. Just got a response back from Alex that helped a bit. It's over in the Jessie/trio thread. But basically, SE's being their typically vague self LTD-style, giving us some nice interactions between Cloud and Jessie that can be seen how we want to see them, whether as attraction or not, much like the OG LTD was never really clear about how Cloud really felt but left it up to the player's discretion and interpretation. Even Aerith and Tifa don't get much of an idea of how Cloud feels in the remake. And best of all, Jessie is the first of the trio that Cloud takes a real (almost unusual, according to Alex) interest in. And he really does come to care about her. So I'm looking forward to seeing those moments. :)

Oh, and Nomura's recent confirmation that the remake doesn't overwrite the OG made me happy, too. My stories are based on the OG, after all, so that means they can still work even with the remake around.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
That's good to know. Man, I know as I watch my package get closer I'm just gonna get more and more impatient. I'm hoping I beat the odds and my package arrives before the estimated delivery. I've had a lot of luck with that in the past, but it really depends on if the drivers go overnight or not. Those spoiler tags in the other thread are gonna wear on me until I can finally play that thing.

Glad your story can still coexist, as long as you specify its based in the original game. I know you've poured your heart and soul into it.

Jairus

Yeah, I have, thanks. And the logo on the covers is the OG logo, so people shouldn't get confused. There are nods to the remake in it, of course, and more in the revision, but the story's still based on the OG.

I pre-ordered at Gamestop so I'm stuck waiting until the 10th to get the game. Oh, well...

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
How's your state doing? I live in Georgia, and yesterday the whole state went into lock down, so all nonessential businesses have shut down. I'm just hoping Ohio sticks it out long enough to where you can get yours on time. I'd hate to see anyone have to wait even longer.

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
How's your state doing? I live in Georgia, and yesterday the whole state went into lock down, so all nonessential businesses have shut down. I'm just hoping Ohio sticks it out long enough to where you can get yours on time. I'd hate to see anyone have to wait even longer.

I hope it will be better soon.. For everyones sake. That whole situation makes things a lot harder

Jairus

We're in lockdown, too, but Gamestop's doing their curbside pickup thing, so I should still be able to get it. I talked to a guy from the store where I preordered it on the phone and he told me where to go, so hopefully there won't be any problems next Friday.

chewbaka

Just hold on tight, okay?
Square's marketing campaign has definitely been banking on "familiar" elements, that's for sure.
tell me about it. "here's the 22nd post about cloud and how he's a former 1st class soldier, and while you're at it here's tifa in case you forgot what she looks like, plus barret and aerith. in case you forget what they look like too don't worry we'll show them again 2 days later : ) "

it was better when they showed nothing, honestly.

also i live in GA too odysseus : p

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
I saw it I saw the scene I never want to see again....I almost started crying too and just cannot...the scene we all will dread and cry over trust me it will it was in Japanese and eng sub but it still gives that heartbreaking impact we had hoped it would give leaving it at that

Jairus

Well, courtesy of @oty, I've just learned that Cloud and Jessie do have quite a few nice scenes together, just the two of them. Apparently the game shows a lot of Cloud x Jessie stuff, from what he said. More than he expected, anyway. So that's great news for us! :D

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Well, courtesy of @oty, I've just learned that Cloud and Jessie do have quite a few nice scenes together, just the two of them. Apparently the game shows a lot of Cloud x Jessie stuff, from what he said. More than he expected, anyway. So that's great news for us! :D
Yep!! Can't wait for you to see it!!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
tell me about it. "here's the 22nd post about cloud and how he's a former 1st class soldier, and while you're at it here's tifa in case you forgot what she looks like, plus barret and aerith. in case you forget what they look like too don't worry we'll show them again 2 days later : ) "

it was better when they showed nothing, honestly.

also i live in GA too odysseus : p
Yeah, gets a little redundant doesn't it?

Ay, Georgia friend! I'm up in Gainesville, how about you? Ever been to momocon?

Top Bottom