Perseverance (Jessie/Clessie Club)

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Revised my Clessie render wallpaper using the higher res version of Jessie's render that Cloud_S posted. Also took the opportunity to move her a bit closer to Cloud:

cLTV3cw.png

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Oh god oh fuck they're coming for us.
Here's a little thing I made for the book of Melon's comic that I ended up not using, I though it looked kinda nice so I figured I'd share:
AVALANCHE TRIBUTE header.png
it was going to be the header of a page of the book, but we ended up using a different picture. You're not supposed to see that their feet are cut off, that would have been hidden by the main image of the page.

Jairus

That's cool, Ody. And Lex, sorry, I wasn't trying to be that way, I was just trying to be creative and make something for the thread here. I didn't mean to make you feel that way.

Jairus

Thanks, Lex. Didn't want to think I was freaking anyone out with my work, hehe.

Jairus

You guys see the kind of opposition Clessie gets now. Just because it's not Clerith or Cloti. I don't think it's too much to ask for the remake to give it some small validation given the foundation it already has in the lore, but some people don't want her to have even that much.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Hey. I appreciate your passion for the cause here, but I think you need to give it a rest. I was trying to stay out of it, but I really should say something. This endless arguing you do with people is clearly getting you nowhere fast, and its really starting to get on people's nerves, to the point where it has its own quarantine thread now. I know why you're so attached to Jessie, I know why you want people and Square themselves to give this ship a chance, but being so combative will not help. If anything, you're going to make people like Jessie less because they associate her with your arguing now. Nobody is out to get you, nobody is so anti-clessie that they want to tear you down, they're just frustrated with your persistence and unwillingness to hear other people's thoughts. All you are doing with your insistence that Square should do something is setting yourself up for disappointment. Its always been good enough for me that she's getting more focus at all.

Like, I enjoy talking to you about things, dude. Working on helping you with your mod was nice, and I liked doing those drawings too. I'm not trying to attack you here. The other members here are perfectly willing to have discourse about other things; heck, even now people are being pretty civil in their rebuttals to your points, I think everyone is just sick to death of your walls of text defending your ship. So like, calm down man. Being a Clessie fan is fine, plenty of people here have ships others wouldn't agree with. Just stop pushing it like it needs to be that way.

Last edited:

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
Hey. I appreciate your passion for the cause here, but I think you need to give it a rest. I was trying to stay out of it, but I really should say something. This endless arguing you do with people is clearly getting you nowhere fast, and its really starting to get on people's nerves, to the point where it has its own quarantine thread now. I know why you're so attached to Jessie, I know why you want people and Square themselves to give this ship a chance, but being so combative will not help. If anything, you're going to make people like Jessie less because they associate her with your arguing now. Nobody is out to get you, nobody is so anti-clessie that they want to tear you down, they're just frustrated with your persistence and unwillingness to hear other people's thoughts. All you are doing with your insistence that Square should do something is setting yourself up for disappointment. Its always been good enough for me that she's getting more focus at all.

Like, I enjoy talking to you about things, dude. Working on helping you with your mod was nice, and I liked doing those drawings too. I'm not trying to attack you here. The other members here are perfectly willing to have discourse about other things; heck, even now people are being pretty civil in their rebuttals to your points, I think everyone is just sick to death of your walls of text defending your ship. So like, calm down man. Being a Clessie fan is fine, plenty of people here have ships others wouldn't agree with. Just stop pushing it like it needs to be that way.

Thanks man ??

Jairus

Except they didn't keep it entirely civil. Many of them included ridicule and mockery of what I was saying and wouldn't even entertain the thought of allowing her even the smallest amount of reciprocation for her feelings or the possibility of letting them be even a little bit more than just empty flirting.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm not gonna pretend like i read every response, I did mostly skim past all the arguments. If people were being rude here on this forum, it's probably because they're tired of arguing with you about the same points again and again. Everyone is nice here for the most part in my experience, I imagine people started being cheeky because the argument is old ground. Just let it go. You've said your piece, They've said theirs, and no minds are about to be changed here.

Jairus

It's that very cheekiness and snidiness that sets me off, though, and makes me dig in further. It's unnecessary and counterproductive. They can make their point just as well without any of it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Well, not much I can say there. You incessantly arguing harder afterwards isn't about to make anyone more polite though.

Jairus

I'm just saying that I'm tired of being singled out when I'm not the only one who needs to watch what they say.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I just remembered I meant to post this here, too. Drama distracted me.
15827277036236596357632260257148-jpg.4856

This is meant to be Jessie roughly 3 years prior to the game. I wanted her to look kinda hardened and rugged, somebody who has gotten to more than a few scraps in her time. She would soften up and become more like her game self as the story progressed. You might notice that thise materia are the same ones Cloud starts with...

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
So people are already bashing clessie why am I not surprised I mean seriously who cares! Let people ship what they want to ship if clessie is not your thing then just leave it be, I happen to enjoy the two together sure not as much as Cloti and Clerith or clerifa if you want a otp3 but clessie is starting to become one of my favorite ships.

Maybe some of you who hate this ship should maybe take a moment and look closer at the Dynamics they have, just give it a chance and if still feel same just respectfully walk away and not bitch. Sorry I had to get that out of my system this is to the people clearly attacking clessie, no one here I am directing this at no I am defending the fans here.

Let Jessie and cloud just have time together let Jessie be all gushy and shit over cloud lol I mean we all know her fate so let us enjoy this lovely rarepair

Top Bottom