• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Persona

ForceStealer

Double Growth
EDIT: I made a post and realized it was basically exactly the same as my first post in this thread...so see that one :monster:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Persona is one of those series that intimidates the crap out of me because it combines a wealth of variables with a time limit: Who do I spend time with first, who can I afford to ignore for a while? Is this persona really better than another one? Do I go after this item first or another when there's a time limit to turn them in for a prize?

I'm trying hard to work through Persona 3 FES, but it tweaks my perfectionist complex: I shy away from things that I'm not immediately good at, or has a steep learning curve from the start.

Purple

Charmed
Reviving this old thread because I am late to the party!

90 hours in and I just entered my last dungeon, I presume
Mementos?

Got about 4 confidants maxed (excluding story driven ones)

Loving the game so far. Super stylish, combat is fun but can be repetitive at times. Not a big fan of the calendar system though as I feel like it puts too much pressure on me to do multiple stuff at the same time. Would've been nice if they could free up "more time" per se

I'll be posting my final thoughts as soon as I finish

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Clear!

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was seeing if a Friday the 13th The Game thread had ever had a thread created and I stumbled upon this and felt like talking Persona.

Firstly, Persona 4 is the first game I played in the series and it is a phenomenal game. It’s, of course, my favorite. At least so far. So Mr. Joe, now that you’ve dove into the series you should give 4 a go if you have a chance or the means. I played a little of 3 and loved what I played. If Atlus would actually release the dang game on a modern console, I’d complete it.

All that being said, I couldn’t really get as into 5. When I did start finally getting into it the difficulty seemed to spike and I got stuck in a certain area. I ended up giving up and haven’t played since. However, if it does indeed release on Switch as rumored I will give it another go. I was so hyped for the game after 4 immediately entered one of my top favorite games of all time. I feel like with the Switch I am more patient with games because I don’t have to be constrained in a room playing T-Rex style.

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Clear!

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was seeing if a Friday the 13th The Game thread had ever had a thread created and I stumbled upon this and felt like talking Persona.

Firstly, Persona 4 is the first game I played in the series and it is a phenomenal game. It’s, of course, my favorite. At least so far. So Mr. Joe, now that you’ve dove into the series you should give 4 a go if you have a chance or the means. I played a little of 3 and loved what I played. If Atlus would actually release the dang game on a modern console, I’d complete it.

All that being said, I couldn’t really get as into 5. When I did start finally getting into it the difficulty seemed to spike and I got stuck in a certain area. I ended up giving up and haven’t played since. However, if it does indeed release on Switch as rumored I will give it another go. I was so hyped for the game after 4 immediately entered one of my top favorite games of all time. I feel like with the Switch I am more patient with games because I don’t have to be constrained in a room playing T-Rex style.

Where are you stuck? I got stuck a bit in Okumura's palace on the 3 consecutive mini bosses, but I powered through it by trying it over repeatedly. It was worth it. The end of the game is where the real magic happens, much like 4. 4 was my first as well - followed by 3, 2:IS, and then 5, which came out after I played the others. I felt like 5 was the weaker link; not that it's not a great game - but when compared to the other Persona games, I feel like many of the character interactions come off as a tad forced and corny but not in a realistic way. 3, 4, and 5 were all different flavors/twists on a similar underlying philosophy, and personally I would prefer them to end the series here while it's still good. I love these games.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Where are you stuck? I got stuck a bit in Okumura's palace on the 3 consecutive mini bosses, but I powered through it by trying it over repeatedly. It was worth it. The end of the game is where the real magic happens, much like 4. 4 was my first as well - followed by 3, 2:IS, and then 5, which came out after I played the others. I felt like 5 was the weaker link; not that it's not a great game - but when compared to the other Persona games, I feel like many of the character interactions come off as a tad forced and corny but not in a realistic way. 3, 4, and 5 were all different flavors/twists on a similar underlying philosophy, and personally I would prefer them to end the series here while it's still good. I love these games.

I can’t remember exactly where, but I’m pretty sure it’s the one after the bank. I got stuck on the bank one first, got through that and then got stuck on the next one. I still think it’s a great game, but I felt like my characters weren’t leveled enough and I didn’t want to start all over. I did train in Mementos but it doesn’t give a whole lot of exp. I’m the type that likes to blast music through headphones and power level, and it seemed somewhat difficult to do that on Persona 5.

I loved on 3 how they
shot themselves
to use their persona. I dunno, I just thought that was a cool feature haha. But 4 will probably always be my favorite. Amazing story, very engaging, and amazing characters. Great game.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I like to try a game outside my usual wheelhouse every so offen, Persona 5 looks interesting but a bit to anime for me.
The only other JRPGs I've played are Final Fantasy's.

To a complete outsider to the series how would anyone describe it? :huh:

Not related by it's on the PS4 store for £49.99, but on Amazon for £24.99.
The PS4 store is a fucking rip off. :offended:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
One half stylish, turn-based RPG
One half engaging, entertaining social simulator.

Pick it up and don't look back

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal are coming to Xbox Series S|X and PC via Game Pass. P5 will release first on October 21 this year, with P3 and P4 coming next year.

Top Bottom