Phantom Train scene

aszach01

Pro Adventurer
maxresdefault.jpg

The phantom train scene is probably one of the most popular event in FFVI because of Sabin's suplexing the phantom train. But on the other hand I always thought that the Phantom Train scene isn't really necessary and Square just wanted to add this event which lead us to the above mentioned "Sabin's suplexing a train".

Here is my thought on why it isn't necessary and the reason on why they added that scene is nothing but a mere fan service to make Sabin looked cooler to us fan. Who in the right mind would ride a train in the first place if you can outrun the train itself????WTH!!!!see the pic below

hqdefault.jpg

Look at the distance between the three and the train its like around 10 feet away and from the look of it there's no way in hell the train will be able to catch them.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I think the train sequence is a great part of Cyan's story. Being able to suplex the train is more of a quirk of the game than intentional fan service, if you ask me. (I'm not sure "fan service" was even a well-known concept back in 1994.) Same goes for being able to outrun the train; the alternative would have been to fight a stationary train, which wouldn't have been so dramatic.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
And, honestly, is suplexing a train any more ridiculous than us assuming that Sabin is literally just punching his way through the vast majority of mechanical enemies he fights? Insofar as running away from the train, my headcanon was that since they had applied the brakes it was slowing down anyways making them barely able to keep in front of it.

And yes the Phantom Forest / Train is one of the best moments in FF6.

Ghost X

Pretty easy to run away from something on rails, I'd have thought. Unless you're Theron in Prometheus. Granted, I did see a horrible video the other day where a person didn't think to do the same :p

aszach01

Pro Adventurer
And here i have come up on another thought that Cyan, Sabin and Shadow were a bunch of idiots not only cuz of them riding the train when they are more faster than the train itself the other one is that they could've avoided the train by jumping out of the rails.

Top Bottom