Piece of shit endings

null.

Pro Adventurer
Discuss endings that chap your ass.

One caveat: the game has to be remotely playable. :monster: It's your own fault if you finished Fester's Quest.

Oh, and use spoilers as appropriate. For example

This is one of three piece of shit endings in Fable II. Basically you choose to resurrect your sister who died a horrible death, but all you get is this letter in your inventory. You never see her in any part of the map. And to top it off, she's obviously hanging out with fucking Jack of Blades. And if you choose to resurrect all innocents who died in the game? Same shit. You get a letter and never meet a single reborn soul.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Dood there are so many it's hard for me to even think of one right now.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Wild 9 for the PSOne. Fun game overall, disappointing ending (basically a 9 second FMV and that's it).

Harley

rain city state of mind
I forget which FF it was, but the entire party died. >____>

Atleast I think it was FF. :monster:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
fable II was the worst ending i've seen imho.

Part the Yngve

aaron freed sux cox imho
AKA
PiP, Yngve
Tetris, the motherfucker just told me I was a loser.

On a slightly more serious note. Most/all mario games.

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
When I first played through the ending of FF7. When I saw the aftermath and Red XIII, all I could think was "WTF?!" and thought it was unsatisfying and crappy. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Every Legacy of Kain game. The series has awesome gameplay and an awesome story to match, but every game ends with a cliffhanger ending and you have to buy the next game in the series to find out WTF happens. Not until the last game (coincidentally also the best) do you actually get an ending where something is resolved.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Silent Hill Homecoming. All of the endings.

If you get the shitty ending for FFX-2.

Clock Tower 3- Because Dennis is still fucking alive.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
The regular ending to X-2 was utter shit.

The ending to FF1 was crap, but reasonable, since it was back in the 8-bit days. Still, text-only? =/

A few of the endings to various NIS games are very "uhm...that's it?" As an example, the ending you get for completing the "Human World" special map was pretty crappy.

I only vaguely remember it, but I seem to recall being a bit dissatisfied with the ending to Lunar 2.

Also, some of the Onimusha games have very meh endings, most notably the second game.

And let's not forget Street Fighter.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
OMG SO TRUE ABOUT LUNAR 2. U LIEK LUNAR OMG.

Sorry.

I know, seriously, the regular ending is... "My story isn't over yet" barf.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
OMG SO TRUE ABOUT LUNAR 2. U LIEK LUNAR OMG.

Sorry.

I know, seriously, the regular ending is... "My story isn't over yet" barf.
Well, I do have impeccable taste :D

What's even stupider about X-2 is that you don't have to do everything to get the 100% ending! I played the game three times and got it, and didn't even finish all the sidequests! All you need it the "story complete" thing or whatever at the end of the game for each different location, and that's really it.

I haven't even gotten more than ten or fifteen levels into Via Infinito. Never even SEEN Trema =/

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Yeah, I did the epilogue. THAT part was more satisfying than the main game, I remember that much =/

Asterisk

AKA
Azzure, Hyades
Wild Arms 4. I liked the game overall, but the ending was so horrible that I actually threw my controller at my tv and broke it.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Oooh man, there's this one game with a hilarious ending (in hindsight). It ends with the hero being left to die on a faraway planet, as a cliffhanger for the sequel. But the producers canned the series, so that's all you're left with. :lol:

Can't remember the name of it... >_<

Killer Tofu

Killing in the Name Of
AKA
Canada
Imma say Fable II as well.

I was so angry that Lucien was so PURPOSELY easy. Don't insult me. *SHANKDEAD* Really? Give me some epic battle, svp. I knew the game wasn't going to change much by the choice i made in the end, so I elected to save the ones I love...just cause I wanted my dog back.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Two, right off the top of my head:

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys

Dahak.
What the hell?! At the end, they turn him into a bug and have him fall off a cliff during an 'epic' battle with Hercules.
At least, this is what I remember - I could be wrong. Still, it was cheap!

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Lore.
He was a complex character, and the series could've gone far with him. But, they have Data turn him off, dissassemble him and send him off to a tech lab like a rat.
I liked Lore; not what he did.

Horrible. Endings. Suck.

PS: I hope a non-game is okay to include here.

Last edited:

null.

Pro Adventurer
lmaoo.gif
I was like what the fuck, how did I miss out on those games? I thought Revenge of the Fallen had a craptacular ending.
Biggest piece of shit boss battle, Prime kills the guy in like fourteen seconds. After waiting... and waiting... and waiting for him to resurrect. That period was my first time being bored to sleep by explosions and giant robots.

+ I agree w/ all Mario games having really disappointing endings. Of course they don't have much (any) plot to resolve, but surely we can come up with some interesting Shrek-like karaoke or something.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Rampage. Awesome game, but the ending consisted of literally just "Thank You" or some shit. Of course it's not like there was much plot to wrap up or anything but still.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, I did the epilogue. THAT part was more satisfying than the main game, I remember that much =/

I think that was entirely the point, actually.

Most Fighting games have lackluster endings.

GodHand had an ending that was such an anticlimax compared to what just happened, but it did so knowingly, so it's not a let down. Plus, GodHand Theme.

Resident Evil's endings generally leave much to be desired, but especially the first.

And none of the main FF games result in the party dying- or at least not remaining dead.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Halo 2 had an absolutely shit ending.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
That's not how it ended.

Even though the actual ending isn't much better.

Top Bottom