• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Pixar and Dreamworks.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
1239751451816.jpg

Discuss.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol That comic is hilarious. It's so true, too. XD

Even though Dreamworks does have a couple good movies. But Pixar's seem to be classics that will transcend time.

A

Great Old One
I love Pixar. Pixar kicks Dreamworks ass in my opinion. I mean, I guess I'll always be a child inside, but I'm really excited for that new movie, Up, that's coming out. When I first watched the trailer for Wall-E, I was disappointed as I thought it would be a bomb... because it's about a robot. Not talking. But when I watched the movie, I knew that Pixar could do no wrong. :D All of their movies seem to be big hits right now - the only one movie I disliked from Pixar was the Cars series.... I think that's it. o_o

Pixar has the classics, yo.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I actually really liked Cars, but maybe that's because I get a lot more of the NASCAR jokes. lol

The one that I liked the least was the Incredibles, but it still wasn't bad at all, though. The animation is great but it's really the stories and the characters that I love most.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Dreamworks is full of the same crap you see in Nickelodeon cartoons. Immature dribble.

Pixar cleary is god tier. Awesome animation, art design, unique stories, and great characters imo.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Agreed.

Pixar is awesome. Dreamworks has some good stuff but all in all it fails in comparison :monster:

And Wall-E was a masterpiece. Adorable..ivityness x 9000.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Wall-E is probably the cutest thing ever.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wall-E was a great example of what makes a timeless classic. I will definitely be watching that for many years to come. And the fact that the movie didn't have much dialogue was risk, but it was a risk that paid off. It's so nice to be able to see an animation studio that actually puts art into it's movies instead of just trying to make them appease to the young masses as a passing fad.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Wall-E is one of those films that were made to be watched in high-definition.

Pan's Labyrinth is another.

A

Great Old One
The best Pixar movie for me would probably have to be Finding Nemo, though. The background designs for the ocean were done perfectly.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I dunno, I'd honestly have to go with Wall-E as the best, with both Toy Story films and The Incredibles as my favourites after that. Making a film marketed to children with barely and dialogue for the whole first hour takes balls of STEEL, and actually pulling it off makes them amazing.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You're just jealous. :catfight:

*pats*

I'd like to get Finding Nemo on BD but I don't think it's out yet on Blu-ray...?

Damn right I'm jealous. :catfight:

Anyway I also thought it was cool that there were some real people inserted into Wall-E in places. Happy Feet did that, too (and yeah I know it's not Pixar and in fact was kind of messed up lol).

Also Wall-E was the best for me, followed by Cars, Finding Nemo, and then the Toy Story movies. And then the Incredibles.

I haven't seen Monsters Inc, yet, though. D:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Being the comic book nerd I am, the Incredibles was sort of a guilty pleasure for me.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The Incredibles was on tv recently.

It was the first time I've seen it, and the whole prohibition of super heroes-thing kinda reminded me of Watchmen. :wacky:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It was probably inspired by it. Let's not kid ourselves, Watchmen was hugely influential on the entire comic book industry (even if not necessarily in all the ways it should have been), and I'm sure the people at Pixar read it at some point.

A

Great Old One
After Finding Nemo, it'd have to be Ratatouille for me. :monster:

And I loved the Incredibles.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I haven't seen Ratatouille, Monsters Inc. or A Bug's Life. I think I've seen all their others, though there are a few I don't remember too well.

Top Bottom