PlayStation 4

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Honest question, with XV's new (delayed) release date so close to this ... do you think they could hold back the Remake stuff?

If PSX was before the release I'd say yes, but it's not. I'm going to not get my hopes up again but that'll be hard because when it airs that'll have been a year from the last trailer. And I want MOAR.

I'm going to silently hope for something because I really want more right now.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
If PSX was before the release I'd say yes, but it's not. I'm going to not get my hopes up again but that'll be hard because when it airs that'll have been a year from the last trailer. And I want MOAR.
They put us in more than a year blackout of XV news (E3 June 2013 - TGS september 2014) and if you will they also pulled a 2 and half years blackout (January 2011, the last VSXIII trailer - E3 2013, First XV trailer). They can do the same with the Remake.

Lex

Administrator
I'd call this situation different though, because we had the announcement and a gameplay trailer last year. If you look at the E3 2013 trailer for XV (which is still the best trailer by the by) the gameplay actually looks pretty awful compared to later vids. The gameplay trailer for VII looks really polished by comparison. That might just be a by-product of Unreal 4 though.

What I mean by that is that I'm fairly sure (hoping) they're a bit further along with/ keeping to decent development schedule. I don't need a new trailer (that would be great), even a screenshot or something would be nice. I just want to see something new from it.

One thing I'm expecting to see/ am hyped for is a potential Crash remake trailer, since that was announced at E3.

Lex

Administrator
Crash 1/2/3:Warped are all being remade for PS4. Crash in Skylanders was just a trailer they showed after the announcement.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Not sure if people have heard, but a lot of people are struggling to get onto PSN right now, possibly due to hackers. There's been a few websites targeted this morning, including Amazon and Twitter (which I can't currently get on, both by phone and browser).

I was going mad for a while until I checked on Google. :lol:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The websites and services themselves weren't being targeted specifically, but a level up, a DNS provider (dyndns). Basically the service that tells you what IP address belongs to amazon.com.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Oooh, that is cool.

I just want something insanely bright-colored. I always see bright Xbox controllers, but none for PS4.

To be fair, I don't actually go looking for new controllers all that much. :awesomonster:

Lex

Administrator
I have the PS4Pro preordered and I'm thinking I'm probably going to cancel it.

It'd be nice to have a Pro for XV and especially Mass Effect Andromeda next year, but the more I think about it, I'm like 99% sure they'll do a VII-themed PS4Pro when the remake comes out and I'll obviously 100% need to have that, so it's a bit too ridiculous to have potentially owned three PS4's (I don't sell shit ever).

Idk, I have about a week to decide. Another factor is that I still have my Ultimate XV pre-order and I want to keep that, in total we're talking nearly £500 on gaming in the month of November if I keep the Pro pre-order. A bit ridic lol.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'd wait for the FFVII Remake themed PS5 because let's face it at least one of the remake parts is gonna happen on that instead :wackymonster:

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
Fucking finally. It only took like a week and a half but I finally got my PSN ban reversed. PSN support kept jerking me around every time I contacted them. "Yes, sir; you should get an e-mail later today confirming that your account is activated and you should change your password." That's what they told me every fucking day. Well, I never got that e-mail, but my PSN account is now active, so whatever.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've had a Dualshock 4 for less than a week and already I feel like the triggers are loose. If I grip R2 or L2 between my thumb and forefinger, I can wiggle them side-to-side by maybe two millimetres. This becomes a problem when I hold them all the way down and feel them moving around. Is this normal?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Mine are a bit loose too (like 1-2mm I guess, IDK how to measure it), but it hasn't bothered me / seems normal.

Lex

Administrator
People complain about DS4 build quality all the time, but it's usually the analogue sticks that are the problem.

Honestly I've had both my controllers since launch and never had an issue. Sometimes I wonder if people just really overdo it on the buttons or something compared to me XD.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I haven't had any problems either. The only thing I've noticed is that my hands sweat much more with the DS4 than they do with any other controller. I have no idea why that would be.

jacoobmiller

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jmills or Jacoob
My PS4 arrived in the afternoon yesterday. I love the the feel of the controller, and the triggers do have a slight wiggle. I mean, as long as the controller still functions properly, then...:monster:

Lex

Administrator
I haven't had any problems either. The only thing I've noticed is that my hands sweat much more with the DS4 than they do with any other controller. I have no idea why that would be.

Same! I think it's that grip texture causing more friction or something?

AvecAloes

Donator
The PS4 that Micah and I have came to us used, and used HARD. It was the PS4 that was on the submarine during their deployment, so it saw a LOT of use. I honestly haven't noticed any wiggle in the triggers other than what is just normal button wiggle (I mean, seriously, like any kind of button would, the L1 and R1 triggers, even the dpad buttons and whatnot. I absolutely haven't noticed any hindrance while playing games like Overwatch and all. The only thing that makes it obvious that the controllers were used is the fact that the left joystick's rubber coating has been partially worn off, but it's not to the point that it's uncomfortable or anything.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Why did they use Skyrim though, it's an ancient game by now and TBF doesn't score big on graphics quality. Scenes and world design, sure, but pure graphics, myeh.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Oooh, that is cool.

I just want something insanely bright-colored. I always see bright Xbox controllers, but none for PS4.

To be fair, I don't actually go looking for new controllers all that much. :awesomonster:

If you take look at decal girl you can find heaps of amazing skins for consoles and controllers. I bought a really awesome tribal green skin for my ps3 back in the day it comes with a matching one for your controller too. Find it better than forking over a shiton of money for a shiny new controller or fancy looking console. You're spoilt for choice too and it cost around $25.

https://www.decalgirl.com/

heres a link as well I need to get my xbox skinned up myself when I get some funds. there's about 1500 skins and if you don't like whats on offer you can even make your own. :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom