• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

PlayStation 4

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
My PS4 (slim) is pretty quite, never had a noise issue.

Seems to be hit or miss with PS4 consoles, but I’ve heard of more people with issues than those without. Just my personal experience, though, but I have also heard of some people not having any issues. Unfortunately I’ve owned several PS4s and had issues with all of them. Conversely, every Xbox One I’ve owned has been silent.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Mine only gets noisy if I don't pull it out of the TV stand and it starts to overheat. Otherwise it doesn't really make noticeable noise.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Mine only got noisy when playing Horizon Zero Dawn shortly after it came out but months later it doesn't anymore. Dunno if they patched Horizon to be less resource-heavy on the console or something.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
PlayStation Plus Price Increase starting on August 1st (Europe & Japan confirmed)

Japan
  • 1 month: 850円
  • 3 months: 2150円
  • 12 months: 5143円
Germany
  • 1 month: 8.99€
  • 3 month: 24.99€
  • 12 months: 59.99€
Sweden
  • 1 month: 95kr
  • 3 months: 260kr
  • 12 months: 620kr
Switzerland
  • 1 month: 9.90CHF
  • 3 months: 24.90CHF
  • 12 months: 69.90CHF
France
  • 1 month: 8.99€
  • 3 months: 24.99€
  • 12 months: 59.99€
Norway
  • 1 month: 85NOK
  • 3 months: 240NOK
  • 12 months: 580NOK
For other not mentioned European PS+ users, check your mails.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Nothing for UK yet. This feels like an incredibly weird time to be price-hiking PS+. I'm not understanding the motivation here (sans MOAR MONEY!).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Adjustment for inflation I guess? I mean Netflix and such have done a slight price hike a few times. And it makes sense; for us it's just 1 euro / month or whatnot, but for them it's tens of millions a month more income.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UT0016-CUSA06833_00-UTH0000000007810

XBC4zMb.jpg

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i looked up the japanese titles (i have a uk and japanese subscription) and while i'm disappointed pes is still there, caligula looks like it might be interesting at least

still, ps+ has become a lot more disappointing. the price is still the same/goes up, but the freeplay lineup is more and more limited. i don't care that much about playing online (which used to be free) and now they stopped supplying games for older consoles but also didn't increase the number of ps4 games. i kind of wish it would just include an xbox game pass style thing. what am i paying for, one free game i'm actually interested in?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Just had a question about themes, if any of you can help. I've been using the excellent Midgar theme that came with FF7 (love having that piano arrangement of Aerith's theme in the background, is that available separately anywhere btw?), and I was wondering if it was possible to use a different background with it. I wanted to swap in an image or two from the recent trailers (like from that Midgar shot at the beginning of the main E3 trailer) but I wasn't sure how to do it or if it even could be done at all. Thanks!

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Just had a question about themes, if any of you can help. I've been using the excellent Midgar theme that came with FF7 (love having that piano arrangement of Aerith's theme in the background, is that available separately anywhere btw?), and I was wondering if it was possible to use a different background with it. I wanted to swap in an image or two from the recent trailers (like from that Midgar shot at the beginning of the main E3 trailer) but I wasn't sure how to do it or if it even could be done at all. Thanks!

Yeah, unfortunately you can’t do anything like that. Themes have their own music and sounds and you can’t swap them out.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
If your PS+ sub is tied to an European/US account you should be able to download it regardless of where you're living.

Foz

Rookie Adventurer

I'm not sure if that's doable. I haven't attempted it since I first got my PS4 but I remembered I struggled to make it happen and it just didn't work. Unfortunately, it's not like the PS3 or PSP where you could just transfer a .jpeg via flash drive or something and use that for a background. If it was, we wouldn't get fancy icons in the menu. I used that same theme for a while, but hearing Aerith's theme just constantly bugged me. Nothing against it obv, just got annoying =P.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Pretty sure that rendition of Aerith’s Theme is on:

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Piano_Collections:_Final_Fantasy_VII

Shouldn’t be a problem to find and order.

Top Bottom