• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

PlayStation 4

pxp

Pro Adventurer

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
So, folks, I'm using a PS4 hooked up to an old RGB TV, and it shows games in black and white. Is there some setting I can tweak here to show colour, anything I can do about this without buying a new TV?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Sorry, wrong term. I meant RCA, I'm using a converter something like this

The TV may be something like 15 years old, pre HDMI. It works fine, but PS4 games and Blu-Rays show in black and white. I'm just wondering if there are some settings I can change or if I just live with it.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Might need a component video cable rather than composite but your tv might not have that? Or an RGB SCART. I remember I had the same problem with Blu-rays on PS3 back when I didn't have an HDTV yet. Although PS3 games were still in color.

I think HDMI itself is also 15 - 16 years old by now actually :wacky:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I have a SCART, it doesn't make a difference. Yeah, PS3 games work fine on same TV. It's not a big enough deal to exert myself to do something about it, but I just got Resident Evil 2 and I wanted to have the proper experience if there was an easy way to fix it. Thanks.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
> got tlou with my ps4 and played it ages ago
> don't care about sports games

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not liking how they have whittled down the amount of freeplay games to just 2 as well as no longer offering ones for older consoles. just add one more game at least. i feel like i'm paying more for the privilege of playing online now and i don't really care about that. i guess it helps for ~live service~ games but still. not happy

feel like i might have also said this before but my point still stands. more games please.

i remember them offering (at least from the japanese store) a load of old ps1 and occasionally ps2 games. throw in some old games now or does the ps4 just not have enough to make that a sustainable offer

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
No more Facebook sharing on PS4.

PlayStation Support said:
Starting on October 7th, 2019 Facebook integration will no longer be supported on the PS4™ system. This includes Facebook’s share features such as posting gameplay and trophy activity and using the friend finder feature. We apologize for any inconvenience.

What this means for you:
PlayStation®4’s share features will remain the same, except Facebook will no longer be offered as a destination to share screenshots, videos, music, trophy details, or links to gameplay broadcasts.
  • Users will no longer have the ability to link their Facebook account to their PlayStation™Network account. This means Friends List features, such as adding friends from Facebook will be removed.
  • Profile pictures imported from Facebook will no longer be used. We recommend selecting a new picture for PlayStation® friends to identify you. There are multiple options for changing your profile picture on PS4™ to an Avatar or image of your choosing.
    • On PS4™, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Profile] > [Profile Picture]
    • Alternatively on PS4™, you can select your Profile from the Function area. Click on the [...] button to the right of [Set Online Status]. Then [Edit Profile] > [Profile Picture]
    • You can also upload an image in the PlayStation® App from your mobile device

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Weird... I never really used it to post publicly, but it was a convenient way to get screenshots to my computer or phone. (Good thing i finished Episode Ardyn and screenshotted my clear screen over the weekend, haha)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
In a now private video, PS Germany revealed the two new free games of the decade for PS+ users:

* Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (bundle of Uncharted 1-3)
* GOAT Simulator

PS America has yet to make a formal announcement.

Top Bottom