• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Playstation 5

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Oh that's a really good callout for why they look the way that they do. Just for some fun reference, this is what the PS4 Devkits looked like:

1bbk3htcxe211.jpg

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The only thing I want from tomorrow announcement is:

* 1TB of internal storage as base (500GB for the current big games is just not enough)
* Fullbackward compability with PS4 games (Bonus: include PS3-PS1)

So long as it has these two features I wont mind the console being slughtly weaker than the new XBX.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
When smartphone companies have made people willing to pay $750-$1000 for the newest smartphones (right or wrong), I wonder if the $450 price tag would really go over as poorly as people think...especially when game systems theoretically have a longer lifespan than smartphones.

If adjusted to 2006 numbers, when the PS3 came out (the year of the notorious pricing scandal), the PS5 would only cost $350, which doesn’t sound bad at all. The Xbox 360 was $399 at launch, which is equivalent to a little more than $500 dollars today.

The marketing executives at Sony surely know more than I do, but I have to wonder nonetheless!

Edit: That’s its production cost, not retail price. That definitely does change this. I still don’t think it’s an awful price, but hopefully they don’t sell it at a loss...

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I, for one, very much appreciated that this was a really detailed GDC talk. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the things that they're working on develop. Also, I'm really stoked that this sort of stuff is VERY clearly gonna enable better stuff for the next FFVII Remake part.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I think that's a slight misconception. He stated that the top 100 PS4 games should be playable at launch, but he was also referring to those games utilizing the optimization of the PS5 for improved performance, and that all has to be tested on a case-by-case basis as it's more than just standard backwards compatibility. He talks about it specifically at this timestamp:

It's not entirely clear if this is something just specific to performance improvements with the SSD and optimization, or if this will also impact games running on a normal external HDD that won't be making use of quite as many of the performance improvements, since he did differentiate those scenarios when talking about the SSD and storage.

X:neo:

Last edited:
Top Bottom