• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Playstation 5

Sony just shot themselves in the foot. :mon:

Jokes aside, though, that does suck for people in Asia and people who import games. I guess a configuration option would've been tricky for individual games even if it should've been doable on a OS level?

I imagine it could get pretty annoying for backwards compatability, if the games still use the old configuration. Going back and forth between the PS4 and the Switch doesn't really bother me (I think muscle memory kicks in depending on the controller or something for me), but going from FFVII to FFIX back in the day was a bit confusing. It's strange they thought they needed to change it for other regions. Thinking about it, O to confirm X to cancel makes more sense in terms of the layout of the buttons - isn't that generally what Nintendo's always done (N64 excepted) with the confirm button to the right and slightly higher, even on stuff like the Gameboy that just had two buttons?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This is not something I feel strongly about. But over the years I have developed a connection in my head when playing FF7 specifically that :circle: is accept. That really threw me in the PS4 port as I would continually keep canceling stuff, even though it's how most games are.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart

Sony themselves just released a teardown video, which is both immensely interesting and immensely surprising. I always wonder how companies feel about their products being taken apart online. (then again, maybe the engineers are happy people get to appreciate their work in more detail)

Since I made that PS1 teardown pixel animation, I am now tempted to do the same here, aha.

On another note, it looks like replacing the side panels with skins is super easy. Sony should totally sell themed panels. (I guess if they don’t, others will)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Burger King and Sony doing a PS5 promotion.

Starting October 15 through November 22, purchasing the two for $5 meal at any Burger King in the US will have a chance at winning a PlayStation 5. Of course, there is a specific way to enter the PS5/Burger King promotion.

First, hungry gamers will need to register on the BK App or BK.com to participate in the BK PS5 promotion. When the guest purchases a two for $5 deal or makes a $5+ purchase, on the BK App, bk.com, or in-restaurant, the guest will earn one game token. Guests can then use the game token to play the digital scratch off game in the BK App or BK.com for a chance to win a PS5 console, PlayStation game codes, or BK coupons.

Official rules are posted on the Burger King website as well as alternative methods of entry, prize details, odds disclosures and much more.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Turns out there's a company that's already going to be producing third party faceplates for PS5.

I have to wonder how they have the molds ready - and on top of that, how did they do testing? It's a great idea either way, though I am suspicious of how a company could get this running so quickly. Especially because all of the pictures are just 3D renders.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
personally i am hoping they will update the store so if you add something to your favourites list, they will tell you when it gets discounted. steam, gog, even the switch estore does this. you get an email saying a title is on sale.

i added a bunch of things to my ps store favourites and got nothing. fix that, sony

Top Bottom