• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Playstation 5

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
June 11, 2021.

50931896408_2f910d5deb_b.jpg

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Sources: PlayStation is winding down Sony Japan Studio
People with knowledge of the matter told VGC that Sony Japan Studio simply hasn’t been profitable enough in recent years; the developer wanted to create games that appealed to the Japanese market first with hopes of having global appeal, while PlayStation wants the kind of global hits that its other first-party studios produce.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So what the hell happened with them being the entertainment one-stop shop?

It seems like Sony's really cutting back on everything.

Lex

Administrator
So what the hell happened with them being the entertainment one-stop shop?

It seems like Sony's really cutting back on everything.

In fairness I don't think they could/ can compete with streaming services now, which weren't a factor when their video store etc launched on PS3. Even then I'm not sure very many folk actually bought movies to watch on their consoles through PSN. I think I might have done it one time for the novelty about 8 years ago lmao

The very fact you can get all these streaming apps on the console makes the store pretty much worthless.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
every time i saw the little notices for things you could buy on the tv/video menu on the ps4 i wondered. why. especially when it was sat right next to other storefronts that seem more widespread

i don’t think they had much of a selling point to stand out. i remember when it started and they had an original anime called xam’d (didn’t watch it but the opening song slapped hard), but that’s all i can think of in terms of original content

i thought i had rented a film from it once but no that was on itunes lol

maybe if you didn’t region block your content i might have

Areega

Sephiroth's Best Friend
AKA
Ariga
I... am so angry right now. Trying to get a PS5 is the worst. I was in the queue for a PS5 at GAME uk for at least 5 hours... then I got to the go to checkout thing... only to find out that they were all sold out. I don't even know if a PS5 is worth the hassle any more... But then... Yuffie dlc... :(

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So Sony needs to fucking do something about this.

Retail stores are flat footed when it comes to the digital landscape of scalper bots and it's fucking ridiculous. The Switch was bad enough but this is anti-consumer BS that needs to be dealt with.

People aren't able to get this console. At least actual consumers who would buy this to not just flip. Between Amazon delivery driver thieves, scalpers and porch pirates this is fucking stupid.

Is this how console gaming is going to be from now on?

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot

Retail stores are flat footed when it comes to the digital landscape of scalper bots and it's fucking ridiculous. The Switch was bad enough but this is anti-consumer BS that needs to be dealt with.

People aren't able to get this console. At least actual consumers who would buy this to not just flip. Between Amazon delivery driver thieves, scalpers and porch pirates this is fucking stupid.

One way to solve that would be to stop selling them at online stores (i.e. Amazon) and take them all to local stores, but... not perfect either (i.e. cv).

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer

Dont forget the semiconductor/microchip shortage due to covid. 1st world problems

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
The problem is that at the end of the day, Sony (and Microsoft, and Nintendo, etc.) doesn't really have incentive to give a shit who's buying their consoles, so long as they're getting paid. When entire communities arise around scalping as many consoles as possible, and it's a viable business model, shit's broke. That's how you get shit like scalpers swooping up 3500 PS5 consoles in one go. Utter bullshit.

Top Bottom