Playstation 5

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I was hoping to see some more games like Final Fantasy VII REMAKE Part 2 (maybe TGS 2021?), Star Wars Jedi 2, The Last of Us REMAKE (if happening), Prince of Persia Sands of Time REMAKE (I wonder how it looks now) and a Jak and Daxter REMAKE as well, but the list of games shown was satisfying. Fan of them so I am happy with the showcase =D

Isn't TLOU kind of... not old enough to get a Remake? Remake is something I expect for games that are at least 15 years old and that need a severe brush up.

I wouldn't expect VIIR Part 2 until E3 next year at the earliest imo

Don't quote me on that but I've read probably something is coming in January next year. That would coincide with FFVII's 25th anniversary, so why not. It would also coincide with my belief that Part 2 is set for 2023, with influx of news in 2022 + EC to make us wait until then.

The real question is when will Yoshi-P truly unveil FFXVI. I expect it will be next year but??? We don't even have a release date :wacky:

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Isn't TLOU kind of... not old enough to get a Remake? Remake is something I expect for games that are at least 15 years old and that need a severe brush up.
Tbh, I never wanted it to begin with. I read some rumors floating around that there is a REMAKE of The Last of Us happening and that is why I hoped to see it. If happening as I wrote in my post you quoted ;)

I rather see Remakes of older games such as Jak and Daxter, Prince of Persia Trilogy, God of War 1-2. Games from PS1 and PS2 era :)

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I don't follow regularly gaming informations, so that had slipped past me! but really, TLOU, getting a Remake, that would be... like, nope! I think Remake really set a trend though, the studios have seen how a good Remake can enthrall people. But they'll have to give so much freedom to their developpers for them to be truly good, let's hope this is good news for us, and not for remaking games that play on the last gen console... (what is there to remake, I don't even).

Fangu

Great Old One
Did you miss Power.no yesterday (9th Sept.)?

Got restock of the Digital Edition and started selling them 14:30 and was sold out after few minutes I believe... :/
I want to be able to go to a web site and buy a PlayStation at any point, that's my idea of 'being able to by one' anyway... I know there are ways of getting one if you spend two hours per week keeping track, I just cba with spending those two hours >_>

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
As far as I know, it's randomized, but I think you have to choose to receive offers and promotions from Sony on your PSN account, or something like that. (I know it's under Settings -> Account Information -> Communication Preferences.) At least that's what I've heard.

Or you can follow @Wario64, @mattswinder, or @PS5StockNews on Twitter for restock updates (which is what I've done for months; admittedly, my schedule hasn't always synced up with their alerts). One thing each of these accounts will tell you is anyone trying to resell you a console on Twitter is scamming you (I got blocked by at least 2 scammers for explicitly saying "all Twitter resellers are scammers")

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Exactly! And be wary of Walmart and Amazon, because they both allow 3rd party sellers, and by 3rd party sellers, I mean scalpers. On top of that, for the MSRP orders from Walmart, I'm hearing complaints about those orders not shipping until at least a month later.

Target and Best Buy want you to pick up in store, which may be a minor inconvenience especially if you don't live in the city, but at least you're competing with local buyers.

GameStop exclusively sells this in bundles (and you may not be interested in the games included), but at least you're getting the entire bundle at MSRP across the board. The same cannot be said for QVC and Home Shopping Network bundles, since they bundle the consoles with Dollar Store grade accessories (including Micro USB cables instead of USB type C cables) and inflate the price to scalper territory (one bundle even included the PS4 version of last year's Madden title).

In my experience, the GameStop bundles stay in stock longer than most restocks.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The dream is dead.

E24MQo4WUAIO9QU
Didn't acknowledged the problem but Sony still stealthly adressed it.

Firmware update 9.0 has seemly fixed the issue, disc games are now playable with dead battery and no internet connection. Digital games are still dead under this scenario.

Great news for people still with a PS4 , like me.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Didn't acknowledged the problem but Sony still stealthly adressed it.

Firmware update 9.0 has seemly fixed the issue, disc games are now playable with dead battery and no internet connection. Digital games are still dead under this scenario.

Great news for people still with a PS4 , like me.
Unfortunately, the 9.00 firmware is fucking up consoles, in some cases even bricking them. I'm planning on selling my PS4 to a local retro store (and if I'm lucky, I might even use the money to buy a retro console out of it). I am NOT going to provide a console with official firmware-induced problems on it, and until the next PS4 firmware is released, which could be MONTHS from now, I am not updating it.

Although it's reportedly a small percentage of consoles, it's enough to attract media attention from the likes of PC Mag. Sony's lack of response to these reports in particular pisses me off.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Every firmware update has caused console bricking for small sample of users though, not exactly something new to just 9.0.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
One of my best friends since middle school got the "We're pleased to give you the chance to order a PS5!" email from Sony today. He's not at a place where he actually wants it yet, and the window of opportunity just happened to line up to be on my birthday, so he decided to give it to me and my twin brother. We'll see if we're able to secure one.

I think it's funny that we're at a point where gifting the chance to buy a PS5 is considered a coveted present, lol. The chance to buy it is the gift, not the item itself. That's either capitalism's worst trick yet or a really funny concept; either way, my brother and I are happy to split the cost for one.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why are you needing a digital one specifically? The standard one you have functions as a digital one if you want it to.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Okay, quick question here.

Does the Initialize PS4 option erase firmware updates? Because I'm trying to prepare my PS4 console to sell it to a local retro store. I already deactivated my console as my primary PS4.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Okay, quick question here.

Does the Initialize PS4 option erase firmware updates? Because I'm trying to prepare my PS4 console to sell it to a local retro store. I already deactivated my console as my primary PS4.
I believe not.

I Initialized my PS5 yesterday and it still had the latest firmware installed. I could be wrong though, my PS5 was still connected online through a LAN cable so it might have installed the latest automatically.

Why are you needing a digital one specifically? The standard one you have functions as a digital one if you want it to.
I believe this reply was meant to be for my post which I had deleted :P I don't need the disc drive, all my games are digital and I have a BR player for movies. And it costs less. Looks better as well ;)

This was the last time buying a PS5 before the PRO version.

Top Bottom