Playstation Classic

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Of course I'm 100% psyched about FFVII being nice & fresh, no risk of disc condition... but can I just say a huge, whopping FARK YEAH WILD ARMS!!!!!!!! I freakin LOVED that fkn game & story!!!! For sure sign me up for one of these bad boys now!!! *thinks of ways to convince the boss to let me buy it*

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I am very satisfied with my SNES classic, but I'm not too sure about this one. I have to wait for the line up I suppose. Any predictions about what's gonna be on here? I was looking at a list of some of the most popular titles, and it's pretty fierce competition as to whats gonna make the next 15.

Spyro
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Alundra
Silent Hill
Metal Gear Solid
Crash Bandicoot 2
PaRappa the Rapper
RE2
RE3:Nemesis
Gran Tourismo 2
Twisted Metal 3
Tomb Raider 2
Vagrant Story
Valkyrie Profile
Final Fantasy Tactics
Dragon Quest VII
FF8
FF9
Suikoden 1
Suikoden 2
Xenogears
Bushido Blade
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2

I think that's a pretty good list of potentials. I may have missed some.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
15 games feels like a very small number to have to pick from PS1's rather massive library.

I dunno. The only reason I'd get this is maybe as a christmas gift for my cousins, who are too young (and too poor) to afford a modern console and 60 dollar games. I like that it could give them a taste of the past, and what I grew up up with.

But I can't see myself buying this. Not when my PS3 is perfectly functional with both disc and digital games. Not unless this device has a way to upscale these games so they don't look like garbage on an HD-TV, which is why I still emulate games that I already legally own.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if it were just a limited, set line up of games and that's it then i don't think i'd bother getting it unless i was flushed with cash or it was a gift

mainly thinking about this because i was looking at the 3ds store and there was a section for the top ranking snes games for the virtual console. and they were more expensive than most ps1 games on the psn, and all required the new 3ds.

900+ yen and a new 3ds. for snes roms. in this, the year of our lord 2018.

basically, don't be nintendo, sony. don't nintendo this up.

I'd rather have backwards compatibility or have PS1 games available through PSN for PS4 (not that those things and a PS Classic are mutually exclusive). Still kind of curious about what the full line-up will be, though. Also, would any sort of performance-type issues that games may have had in the past be fixed on this? Like, if Vagrant Story were to be on it, would it still have long loading/saving times?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If they don't put Guilty Gear: The Missing Link on this... I have no interest in Time Travel.

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
It's kind of bad that I want to get this as a collectible since I don't have my original PS1 anymore. Unfortunately I'll probably have to order online if I want an English version.

Top Bottom