Podcast binge!

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Hey all!!

This is my 1st post! woot woot!!!

I'm so wrapped to become a part of the community who are just as obsessed & actually MORE obsessed with the FF universe as I am!

It pleases me greatly that we are all on the same page, yet different levels of xp with this amazing culture!

I just wanted to say that I've been binge listening to the pod casts starting from (I think the 1st was) the FF music elimination podcasts.

I drive about a hour minimum to go to work a few days a week as I'm still in school (American equivelant of College here in Australia) a few days a week, so I went out & got myself a AUX cable, DL'ed a podcast app and went to TOWN!!!! So I've gotten quite used to your voices/attitudes/sences of humor and traits quite quickly.

I love the podcast & never thought I could ever just "listen to people talking" but farout you guys rock!!!

I love how you guys playfully beat up Carly with love & was in tears of laughter in the ep where her mic kept cutting in and out... oohhh man!!!

Love your work! Just a touch of constructive criticism, I've not been a fan of the feedback being read out in a playful accent for the whole letter, but it's all in fun & is all good, just wanted to give you guys my 2 cents.

Cheers and remember, always protect the Crystals! ;)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Yes, but some of our voices are naturally funny anyways :monster:

Welcome to the forums, glad you like the Podcast. I recommend you listen to the FF7 Audiobooks if you haven't had the pleasure yet. They are of superior quality and it's a great bit of FF7 Lore (albeit not canon).

Pixel

The Pixie King
Welcome to TLS :)

Yes, but some of our voices are naturally funny anyways :monster:

Welcome to the forums, glad you like the Podcast. I recommend you listen to the FF7 Audiobooks if you haven't had the pleasure yet. They are of superior quality and it's a great bit of FF7 Lore (albeit not canon).

OTWTAS is canon :P Maiden is debatable.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Yeah, that takes place directly after FFXIIIs ending, and sets up XIII-2. There are 2 other novels. Fragments Before and Fragments After, and I think another one thats sort of a POV recap of everything, sort of like Maiden. I dont like Matsuyama's writing, so I havent really bothered with them. I helped mecorx a little bit with proofreading while she was translating Fragments After(I think), but I didn't 100% know what was going on.

The Turks novel is also canon.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Welcome to the forums! I'm so happy that you're enjoying the podcasts and that you felt compelled to join us! Enjoy your stay and keep the feedback coming!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I love how you guys playfully beat up Carly with love & was in tears of laughter in the ep where her mic kept cutting in and out... oohhh man!!!

Those mean bitches love to torture me :( jk I lurve you gaiz <3

Well hallo thar Avalanche! :)

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
ha ha ha I feel like I'm talking with "Stars", feeling a little star struck! ha ha ha!!!

I've seen the word "Canon" been thrown around and it's been spoken about. What is the meaning of the word? Here I am, trying to work it out but all I can think of... is a cannon (and the Sister Ray despite the spelling).

I'll look into these audio books, more listening goodness for my transit while I await further podcasts! Any free throws here with a URL for downloading links?

Cheers team! I love all your avatars too!!! Vader, especially yours! I love my copy of "The Sky" books of Yoshitaka Amano! The first time I opened it up, I wore GLOVES to turn the pages, I wanted to protect it sooooo much!!!!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
1) As I've said on the pod we're not experts by any means and "Stars" is right out. But by all means continuing to praise us as a god. I could some minions. I got kingdoms to conquer and stuff! :)

2) I'm very very surprised you have not yet come across this term in fandom before. Canon basically means "officially recognized story" or "official content". This is as opposed to fanon which is something fans generally believe but is not canon, headcanon which is something that you individually believe is true, but is not canon and cannon which is a gundpowder based weapon designed to fire lead projectiles usually packed in with a sabot at a range of several hundred meters to deal ballistic damage.

3) Uh... Pixel do we have download links or are they just on YT? I seem to recall you mentioning there was a DL link for Case of Shinra.

4) Yeah, if I ever get an english translation of the Ultimania guides that would be my reaction too!

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Thanks JT, 1) You guys blow me away with the depth of your knowledge! Not just for each game, but for each VERSION of each game!! Holy moly!!!!

2) Personally, I'm pretty much the only person that is hard core into FF, I have a few friends who are into it, but they see me as the expert (WAYYYYYYY far from it!). So I've not really been exposed to this term. Thanks heaps for explaining it for me though. Yes, Cannon I understand lol!!

3) I'd love to get all I can to really come up to speed (to a degree) with you guys, but even just to deepen the lore and the "world", yeahhh :D more fuel is always good!

4) When my wife and I were in New York City for a part of our honeymoon, I found a strictly Japanese bookshop with some figures, comics and books. It was quite a large store. So I found a few FF items.... I picked up "The Sky", gave my wife "that look" but then she gave me "that wife look" back (ha ha ha) and proceeded to plead my case... sure enough, buying it in America was about 40% cheaper than in Australia and I carried that heavy bad boy allllll the way back home! Along with the Tifa, Rufus and Vincent Play Arts Kai (which are quite sizable boxes). ha ha ha I was super uncomfortable on the few plane trips back home but my God Father did I protect them like a new born child! They sat at my feet on the plane, no way were they going in the luggage or the over head compartment! The things we do for love!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Welcome to the forums! I've never appeared on the podcast, but I'm pretty sure my name has been said incorrectly on it! (I'm like a book-only Game of Thrones character)

Welcome! :monster:

Top Bottom