Pokémon Go!

Lex

Administrator
Regardless of whether or not I'll actually play this, that trailer is cool as fuck.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Here's all the stuff for the Pokémon Go Plus accessory that Nintendo is making for the game, since the game itself is free App download. It will vibrate to alert you if there's a pokémon nearby and use it to capture them.

COhYoNjWcAAaR0l.jpg

COhY66tW8AERxrF.jpg

COhZ61BWcAA1vDd.png

COhznx2UEAE9pR4.jpg

COhzoN4UcAAR4Md.jpg

COhzoQkU8AA1owW.jpg

COhzohOUwAAQHUM.jpg

X :neo:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
This is going to be a free to download app game? Okay, I just really might have to get this. I enjoyed Pokemon growing up and I've always had an appeal for games that let you catch and evolve creatures.

That trailer was pretty sweet. :D

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
While the Pokemon animation with real-life acting was absolutely stunning and beautfil and awesome, the game itself looks a bit boring to me.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
If they have my dragonite in the wild then I'm in! Let's go kill dat mewtwo in NYC, Channy. Cos no way I'm letting a fucking pikachu beat an overpowered pokemon.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If it's anything like Ingress (the other game by this one's creators), it's going to be a bit abstract. That one screenshot of the game doesn't look very promising either.

They should just port the pokemonz games over to mobile, should be easy enough and an instant money maker. You know it makes sense.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
More footage:

Aaaaand a ton of news:

- no battles against wild Pokémon
- catch them directly using various Poké Balls
- trainers are customizable with different options.
- 137 different attack names have been found in the game’s code, confirming battle systems
- some of the moves include Flamethrower and Hyper Beam
- additional 95 “fast” versions of the discovered 137 attacks
- receive a starter Pokémon
- new game function with the name “Starburst” has been discovered
- references to Google Cardboard have been found within the game’s data
- three “teams” the player can join: Red Team, Blue Team, or Yellow Team
- only first generation Pokémon exist in the beta
- multiple versions of the defense stat
- seven object categories: Poké Ball, Potion, Revive, Maps, Battle Objects, Food, and Camera. Food and Camera
- items available in the beta include: Poké Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball, Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max Potion, Max Revive, X Attack, X Defense, X Miracle, Razz Berry, Bluk Berry, Nanab Berry, Wepear Berry, Pinap Berry, and Special Camera
- X Miracle is a new item
- Pokémon Natures are present, but differ from the main games: Stoic, Assassin, Guardian, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion
- Microtransactions are available
- day-night cycle is confirmed
- Normal, Legendary, and Mythical Pokémon are all present, and Pokémon are categorized as suc
- no evidence of Mega Evolution
- it seems that Pokémon are only allowed two moves during Gym Battles
- all of the moves found within the game are damaging moves
- 18 Pokémon types are present in the game
- Pokémon that use Evolution Stones to evolve will obtain Evolution Shards by battling wild Pokémon
- once enough Shards are collected, a Stone will be available
- trainers can reach at least Level 50, and at Level 50 will be able to store 500 Pokémon and 1000 items
- Every Pokémon has a CP Value
- You get points in Gyms
- Each Pokémon Gym will have a level of “prestige.”

Via: http://gonintendo.com/stories/254967-pokemon-go-tons-of-beta-details-footage

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Soooooo.... 15 mins ago, I just got an e-mail inviting me to the Pokémon GO field test. Coincidentally, I also got a new phone (Nexus 5X) a week ago to replace my old Nexus 5 that started having issues.

So I'll letcha know what it's like! :D

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
You could sign up for stuff on their site a while back, if I recall correctly. I haven't spent much time in it yet, but my partner absolutely loves it so far. It's cool seeing some of the Ingress stuff I recognize in there.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
A co-worker of mine just showed this to me.

The building we work in has a gym inside it.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
For the record you can play it here in the UK. Can't get it from the play store yet but you can from here.
I've been playing since yesterday. Missed the chance to catch Abra earlier cos my train went too fast. :closedmonster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Wait.... Is this some Pokemon game where you catch Pokemon via your camera in the real world? I'm really really curious...because reasons.... :closedmonster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yes.

I'm amazed you've managed to avoid it. My facebook feed has been all pokemon all the time the past couple days.
As my friend sent me:
13624667_10208737769498326_637609041_n.jpg

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Wait.... Is this some Pokemon game where you catch Pokemon via your camera in the real world? I'm really really curious...because reasons.... :closedmonster:

Yeah, but idk I think it's pretty boring lol.

If it wasn't Pokemon I think a lot of people would be calling it a poorly made game or something.

The pokemon catching mechanic is just basically playing basketball and the "Battles" are just tapping your screen a million times. Huge let down in my book.

I just don't know how you can make a Pokemon game on a huge network that connects everyone so much more easily then DS's can and then just absolutely miss adding in the Battle system everyone knows and loves. And then you also don't have trading , and battling friends isn't a thing either.

Missed opportunities. I think people are gonna stop playing it in like a week or two, the only good things about this game are the hilarious Memes lol.

Top Bottom