Policy changes and discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Reading through member's posts regarding their discontentment with the way staff resolves its issues and talking it over with some members, here are some some new important policy changes I think will really help in terms of member-staff relations.

I'd like some input on these from everyone to see if these all work out and if any suggestions can be made to make it better.

1.) Post reports
It really seems quite a few members think that we don't address their reports, especially regarding moderators and any perceived misconduct. Instead of just using the "Staff Misconduct Thread", please use the post report system as well the moment you find something that bothers or upsets you. After that, another mod/admin will send a PM and let you know we've received the report, and are handling it. And we'll also let you know of what we intend to do and keep you updated. This way no one feels their complaint is going to get thrown under the bus or ignored/dismissed and you'll also know who you need to address/hold accountable regarding your report.

2.) Transparency
We really need to work on discussing more with the memberbase things that go on. From now on every thread/issue we discuss in our staff section, we will also make a thread that summarizes what we've come up with and ask for member input.

I really think opening the channels of communication like this will help us understand you guys and keep any such incidents from happening in the future. From what I heard these are two of the main issues a lot of people have been having, but if there are any others out there, do please let us know in this thread.

Thank you everyone for your time and patience in this. I hope this all helps :monster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Since apparently there was some confusion in other threads, I should probably clarify again:

The post report system is for content that breaks the rules. If you feel a post breaks the rules, report it. This will create a thread in staff, if there is not already a post report for this thread (if there is, it will simply post in that thread), and also email every staff member. Because it emails every staff member, it annoys us when it is repeatedly used for content that doesn't break the rules. But as long as it's used for rule-breaking content, that's fine. That said, it's probably redundant to report every single post in a thread that appears to break the rules. If you feel further content breaks the rules you can just mention that successive posts in the thread also appear to be infraction-worthy. Mention post numbers and quotes if you wish.

If someone infracted you for "pseudo-modding" because you made legitimate post reports, then, uh, I don't know what the fuck they were doing. "Pseudo-modding" is acting like a mod in posts when you're not one. If you tell someone to stop breaking the rules, that's pseudo-modding. Reporting a post is not.

That said, we've been getting some joke post reports. This makes it kind of difficult to tell if all our post reports are real. Please stop sending these.

Also, I will concede that it's probably worth revising some of our rules since it appears that many people still do not understand the standards we have been using to evaluate them. I am far too tired to be any help for this right now (or respond to other threads), but I will attempt this later.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Just a personal note on #2: I've always pushed the staff to make discussions about policy public, keeping the staff section private for things that wouldn't be suitable for the general public, such as discussions on specific members being dicks (seeing that calling a person a dick only makes them a bigger dick).

tut tut..a disgrace is what this place has become... too many irrelevant rules create a muck of crap... a return to the hardcore days would be nice..where we have a section where members can post whatever the hell they want.

AvecAloes

Donator
Good grief, if you hate it so much, why do you keep coming back? Do you really have nothing better to do? Go read a book.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
By the way, since this is almost a year old, I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom