• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Pomingham Palace (KupoCon London 2018)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Yes to the sex dungeon castle weekender! :awesome:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
We'll go for a carvery one way or another, I know you get withdrawal symptoms. :monster:

RE: Sex dungeon weekend: the castle has yurts that sleep small groups and huts which accommodate similar. It also appears to book up rather quickly. :O

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Does anyone know of a way I can contact Alan quickly? I've got someone I'd like to see about possibly trying to smuggle into KC.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm starting to actually feel really pleased about my Jessie cosplay. Somehow it's actually coming along and looking good?! I had no hope of finding the right pants for it but I finally found a pair on Amazon and I just got it yesterday and it's perfect. ;____; omg.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've been thinking, there could be 14-16 of us wanting to eat together on Friday evening – do we want to make a reservation somewhere? If not we'll just get fast food somewhere like last year.

If we want to book, it needs to be a place that (a) can accommodate that many people, (b) isn't too expensive, and (c) has vegetarian and gluten-free options. Being near Russell Square would be a bonus. I don't have any places in mind but I can start looking if people want to do it. Recommendations welcome.

On Saturday night I expect we'll eat in smaller groups as people go back to wherever they are staying to get changed for the evening part of Kupocon, or whatever. On the other nights there will be fewer of us there, so it won't be such an issue, plus many of us will eat at the apartment when we can.

Last edited:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
We were cogitating on heading to TGI Friday but the nearest one is Leicester Square IIRC. They can cover all options though, you can get a main for under £10 and they have plenty of vegetarian and a separate gluten-free menu.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Beer is vegetarian, whiskey is both vegetarian and gluten-free, :awesome:. Neither are too economic though, relatively speaking.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Not all beer is vegetarian. :P

But anyway, Leicester Square is easy to get to from Russell Square (2 km walk or a few stops on the Piccadilly Line) and TGI Friday will definitely be big enough for us all. As an alternative I found this place which is cheap (for London; £8.45 for a pizza), well-reviewed and does veggie / gluten-free pizza, but it looks a bit on the small size. It's about 1 km from Russell Square in the other direction. I can email them to see if we'll fit.

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
I'm not too picky so I'd be up to eat most places as long as I can afford to, which I should be able to! So if a reservation is necessary for us to be accommodated then I'm fine with that!

Pizza place sounds good. I love me some pizza!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm not bothered as long as we can get the reservation and there are obviously options <3

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Yeah I don't mind! The only thing is whenever I've tried to book for such a big group at places in the past they've always wanted everyone's order emailed through in advance? Which can be super annoying to organise but idk maybe these guys will be more chill fingers crossed.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I asked the pizza place about seating 14 people with a reservation starting between 6 and 8 PM and got this reply:

Hi again Oliver,

Yes, sounds perfect!
We are happy to have you within these hours!

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon

Many thanks,
Abu

We should decide sooner rather than later so if you have a preference between pizza and TGIF (menu is Googlable) then please speak up now if you haven't already! Or if neither of them work for you and you have another idea, let's have it!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm not fussed about either place, I'll eat most anything and both menus look good (though I'm irked that TGIF doesn't have prices on their menu :wacky:), though I might prefer whichever place is the cheapest a bit more, like Crash said XD

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I know the TGIs near me is pretty pricey, and that's for already stupidly expensive Surrey, so I would guess the pizza place is cheaper

Fangu

Great Old One
TGI Fridays is shit, but fine :monster:

The bar Joe suggested has fewd, but I guess they don't have vegan and stuff?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
We're going to that bar on Thursday.

Well I obviously prefer pizza and as Fangu said TGI Fridays is shit.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
The bar we're going to on Thursday has options, I checked this as soon as it was mentioned.

Also my vote goes to pizza. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
K, looks like there's some sort of pizza consensus. I'll make a reservation tomorrow for, say, 19:00 on Friday.

I'm assuming Alan can't make it since he'll probably be really busy with last minute prep, and Mo hasn't posted in this thread at all, but I'll ask both of them anyway just in case. If they both join and everyone else is in, there'd be 16 of us. :faint:

Oh and also, I'm in the UK now. :reptar:

Top Bottom