Portraits and (lots of) figures

But first, a Gengar from a while back:
kQ8Sc.png

I kind of disappeared from the Internet (except for lurking :monster: ) since I've been studying abroad this semester. I've been taking an art class of sorts, too, though, so I've got quite a few drawings lying around, though mostly it's just quick figure drawing stuff. (...Also, I'm assuming I don't have to spoiler tag nude figure drawing, or do I? :monster: ).

Portrait from the model:
OPHjT.png

Some longer poses - nudity warning for all of these I guess:

ducO1.png

7LMHo.png

(The head is too small on this one, gah):
eR1ut.png

Quicker poses/gestures (again, n00dz)
, spoiler taged since I dunno how much these actually interest anyone:

(charcoal)
j8M0i.png
M8x8I.jpg

(ink and acrylic/watercolor pencil)
ChZgT.png
7E6gS.png
bnqzn.png
ZW4Jn.png
PuWtH.png
jepKG.png

And portrait of a girl from a painting class I took last semester; sorry for the image quality (cellphone camera, lol) - it's all I've got since she's got the actual drawing:

dB6LE.png

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
stuff looks great to me. Welcome back :monster:

@content warning, I'd say just put a nsfw warning in the thrad title. If you need me to do that because you hear this after the edit window is over let me know :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Agreed that they look really good.

(You could also just indicate it in the spoiler tags text for the ones that are approriate)

Example: [ spoiler=Image Title (N00dz) ] [ /spoiler ]

- would look like-

mario1.jpg

X :neo:

Thanks!

I added a warning to the post and spoiler tag'd them all, but if anyone wants the thread title changed, too, then go for it. :monster:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Dude, these are amazing. I was pretty much doing the same thing last semester. I was taking three art courses, two of which dealt with the figure. Those were probably the most fulfilling and enjoyable courses I've ever taken.

I'll take a closer look at these when I get home.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND IS INTENSELY JEALOUS OF YOUR TALENT

<- THAT GUY :cthulhu:

I really should stop avoiding the Creativity section.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Gotta say that drawing of Gengar looks vicious.

Also, you have some serious portrait skills. Faces still give me trouble. I'm also dying to try watercolor.

How long were the poses?

Thanks for the comments! :)

A couple more (still figure drawing):

(ink)
OoAeA.png

(charcoal)
ZrI53.png

(^lol, diamond hand)

@Thor: Yeah, figure drawing is lots of fun! I really like how I can get a tangible sense of progress from it. Like, my anatomy's still awkward sometimes and I need more practice with shading and stuff, but I definitely feel like I've improved. I really like portraits, but I can be kind of hit or miss with them, especially with getting a likeness down.

I forget the exact time for the poses (I always think that I should really just jot down the times as I go, but I never do :monster: ), but the longer ones were probably 15-20 minutes. The shorter ones vary - the first charcoal one was definitely 1 min gestures, the second sheet was probably 5 mins for each; some of the ink/watercolor pencil ones might've been around 5 mins but I'm not sure. I've found I really like water based stuff or ink for quick-ish figure sketches, but I'm really useless with it for anything else. :monster:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Great job man, your gestures are pretty solid. It usually takes people awhile to get the hang of doing those. How big are these drawings (as in what size is the paper)?

Thanks for the comments!

Some more of the same stuff; sorry about the bad image quality (ideally I would've tried to scan some of them, but I had to get rid of the actual drawings when the semester ended) - I used a standard digital camera in low light, so I desaturated and messed with the contrast a bit in PS, but there's still grain:

Some figures, probably around 5 minutes for these:
jJ62l.png
^Texture on this one is weird because it was one of the last sheets on the board.

SMutR.png
jnTKL.png
DjivN.png
QSUJP.png
t4Lwv.png
^(an ink one that I don't think I posted in my first post).

These are more gesture-y (probably 2 mins), so some are clearly pretty awkward looking :monster: .

jUNYm.png
oC5g7.png
f56Jb.png
alpWz.png
GmHqV.png
PwSku.png

And some 1 minute gestures (kind of hard to see due to the image quality and because it's the watercolor pencil thing):

2Qtcp.png
C0grn.png
^I drew from left to right, so I think I got more comfortable at drawing these with each pose.

And for the last session there was a male model who did excellent but difficult to draw poses:

VcOmr.png
fHlNM.png
JuBEE.png
rqrD5.png

How big are these drawings (as in what size is the paper)?

I think 11x17, I'm not entirely sure, but probably something around those dimensions.

Top Bottom