Pre-Order Before December 2016 Launching

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Yeah....I don't think so. As much as this would be nice for the game to come out next year, there's seriously no way Nomura and the team are that far into the development.

They haven't even finished the redone designs of all of the characters yet. As far as I can tell, with Nomura, it's gonna take another decade before we'll see this game, and like FFXV, FFVII remake will end up on PS5 or PS6.

Plus these Pre-Order things on selling sites like you just linked are pretty much untrust-worthy. We don't even know if the actors from the Compilation who voiced the characters are gonna even reprise their roles for most of them(Marlene has an excuse to have her voice changed because her voice actors are too old and they need a kid to voice a kid in these games, right?)

Sorry, but the Pre-Order before December 2016 launch is a hoax.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
The release date mentioned on amazon and such is simply a placeholder (who would release a game on a Dec 31st, really?).
In summary (meaning no offense): bollocks.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Nobody is going to release an incredibly sought after game AFTER the holiday season. It's not gonna be like "what's up, you just spent all your money on iPhone 8s, Samsung Gear, Oculus Rift, and LG rumble-pack codpieces, but now you have to find another $70 in the til to buy this game that you've been waiting for for 18 years.

Until other sources confirm this I call nonsense.

OneThousandCuts

Pro Adventurer
Agree with everyone else. A quick Google search turns up nothing but this one oddball article, complete with typos and no reader commentary whatsoever.

Now that we're done playing the "Bogus Rumors of the Remake" game, we're on to the "Bogus Rumors of the Release Date". When it's real--or at least a much higher quality rumor--the internet presence will speak for itself.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
As far as I'm concerned, this whole remake business is just words until it's in my machine.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Sure, the remake will be on shelves at the end of next year.

.....just like Versus XIII/FXV was supposed to be on shelves end of 2013, just as Amazon and pre-order sites listed. :awesome:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
What happened to people money for that pre-order? Are they getting FFXV when it gets out or did they get refunded?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Pretty sure Amazon holds all paid pre-orders until an item ships.. I had one held for over a year and it eventually shipped. You can cancel at anytime I think.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Sure, the remake will be on shelves at the end of next year.

I'm not sure if I'm wrong or anything, but was that sarcasm? Because if it is, then you're getting a good thanks from me.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Then you have my thanks.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Thank you for doing exactly what I was hoping was going to happen by thanking the thanking of thanks.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Thank you for thanking my thanks for Tasha's thanks.

(I could go all night :monster: )

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Thanks for giving us a fucked up thanks situation. :monster:

OT: Absolutely not with the release date. I'm still holding out for a 2017 release, just because it's the 20th anniversary. I'd eat tomatoes (which I absolutely DESPISE) if it's released at the end of next year.

Team_Wingless

Unauthorized Tie-in Novelist
Let's talk realistic videogame politics here for a second. Squenix is good at one thing...cutscenes. They've got a whole department of nothing but cutscenes. Heck, they made an entire movie that was one big cutscene! Releasing a trailer that probably took them all of about 5 days to make (and has probably been made for years) doesn't mean jack until we've got gameplay demos, definite release dates, and even then don't believe it until there are hardcopies on shelves.

The real reason they're doing this is because they're trying to kill Versus (I refuse to call it 15). Type-0 was a horrible game, the demo of 15 didn't do nearly as well as they hoped, and with the budget they'd need to complete an FF7 knockoff, they might as well just remake FF7. However, with the graphic caliber that games demand now, unless they're making Lego-Final Fantasy, I don't know where they're going to get the money, resources, and sheer computing power to deliver a game that won't horrifically flop on a system as graphically capable as the PS4.

So yeah, you're getting a remake...in about 8 years.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA

My thoughts exactly. We'd be lucky if the remake comes out in 5 years, since they silently decided to leave the Compilation of FFVII hanging after ACC which was six years ago, despite that they had plans for future titles which obvious was scrapped or went down the drain, which sucks big time.

The remake will be their last FFVII game ever. I won't even get a remake of Before Crisis ever.:'(

Wimbly

Garden Festival Retiree
Let's talk realistic videogame politics here for a second. Squenix is good at one thing...cutscenes. They've got a whole department of nothing but cutscenes. Heck, they made an entire movie that was one big cutscene! Releasing a trailer that probably took them all of about 5 days to make (and has probably been made for years) doesn't mean jack until we've got gameplay demos, definite release dates, and even then don't believe it until there are hardcopies on shelves.

The real reason they're doing this is because they're trying to kill Versus (I refuse to call it 15). Type-0 was a horrible game, the demo of 15 didn't do nearly as well as they hoped, and with the budget they'd need to complete an FF7 knockoff, they might as well just remake FF7. However, with the graphic caliber that games demand now, unless they're making Lego-Final Fantasy, I don't know where they're going to get the money, resources, and sheer computing power to deliver a game that won't horrifically flop on a system as graphically capable as the PS4.

I feel like I've just been drenched with a bucket of cold water!:'( Probably for the best. If there's one thing I learned from Auron its that false hope isn't good.

I do like Yunalesca's view point though, its less painful, right?

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
I'd love for it to be 2017 to match with the 20th anniversary, but I don't think that's happening unless it's at the very tail end of the year.

What I DO think will happen in 2017 is some kind of anniversary event, where they'll show off a ton of new merchandising, a trailer, staff/cast interviews, all that kinda stuff. Think the MGS 25th Anniversary event where Ground Zeroes was first shown.

Top Bottom