SPOILERS Predictions for Part 2? (*Open Spoilers for Part 1*)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
He literally died, tho.

Where is the ambiguity? He was impaled several times by Nero's wing blades and then consumed in the darkness. Living things not infused with stagnant mako die in Nero's darkness, so not sure why a man with lethal wounds would somehow survive stagnant mako.

D

Deleted member 13557

Genesis will return... In Rocket Town. He will appear in front of the party reading poetry, only to be run by a truck, and never show up again.
I like this one :mon:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a combat sim battle a la Weiss. Just… nothing more. Pretty please Square, you have something good going on here.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I'm actually fully on board with the cameos of extended universe characters as easter egg boss battles in the game's in-game VR. What a great way to have your cake and eat it, too. THAT'S how you do fanservice.

On a semi-related note, I am really looking forward to seeing how they freshen up Vincent. I loved what they did in adding a whole story section for Yuffie that fleshed her out much more. If they can do that for Vincent, I'll be very happy.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Because characters can't be individuals in FFVII, right?

We really gonna think everyone's an offshoot of someone else here, like Dream Drop Distance?

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Nay, because they have dropped too many hints for it to be otherwise. Aside from the name itself, there are too many suspicious things about Marle when you add them all together. She adores Tifa which makes sense when you consider how Tifa sort of brought her up, she gives Cloud a room rent free (who is THAT generous??), she seems to know things before they happen (the plate fall attack for example), and as a reddit user pointed out, there is a specific shot that focuses on her closely in regard to a child and their parent being reunited in a scene with Barret.

Marle is Marlene!

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
There's literally nothing suspicious about Marle. That's the perfect example of confirmation bias, working backwards from a premise and supporting it with "evidence" when the simplest answer is the fact she's an old maternal woman who knows Tifa from when she arrived in Midgar after Nibelheim, and helped take care of Tifa after her traumatic Nibelheim experience. That's what the Trace of Two Pasts novel shows.

Why are you MattPatt'ing this? None of that is suspicious or unknown. This isn't deciphering the Five Nights at Freddy's lore pre-2015.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
nicholas-cage-funny.gif

Reactions: LNK

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
There's literally nothing suspicious about Marle. That's the perfect example of confirmation bias, working backwards from a premise and supporting it with "evidence" when the simplest answer is the fact she's an old maternal woman who knows Tifa from when she arrived in Midgar after Nibelheim, and helped take care of Tifa after her traumatic Nibelheim experience. That's what the Trace of Two Pasts novel shows.

Why are you MattPatt'ing this? None of that is suspicious or unknown. This isn't deciphering the Five Nights at Freddy's lore pre-2015.

Contact lenses or too much exposure to mako during the lifestream time travel process.

What, no, it's because...

Marle is Marlene? Hell no!
Marle is Marle! :wacky:
View attachment 11908
I’m obviously kidding please don’t take this as a serious take.

Beat me to it!
Also I'd believe Marle is actually the same Marle as CT before a LOT of other theories.

I mean, there's at least a tenuous connection between CT and FF7 in that Cloud talks about Xenogears when he's mako poisoned and Lucca literally appears in Xenogears for maybe five minutes.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Just looked it up, and.......did you really just refer to me as that disgusting character, Mako??

LOL thats who you referenced in the gif!

And they're fucking hilarious. The most trolltastic villain, he was awesome. You should watch that movie.

Reactions: LNK
Top Bottom