• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Project Luminous- Collection of Star Wars Stories

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
If there's an existing thread for this, I didn't find it. I know we have plenty of Star Wars threads, but this doesn't quite fit into any of them and I wanted to be able to find this again if I needed to.

If you don't know, this is a multi story project building new settings in the era 200 years before the PT.

The first instalment is out in January, and the first eight chapters are (legally) available free here:sites.prh.com/highrepublic

Last edited:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Just finished 'Into the Dark' I'm kinda sad at the direction the canon appears to be going. It was what I was expecting, but my expectations were pretty low.

They really have no ideas beyond 'complain about the PT era Jedi.' From the PT era itself to fifty years after they're all dead, and now to 200 years before the PT, they keep leaning on this damned crutch, and despite all their chances never have the courage to move beyond complaining and actually create something new.

The foundation stone of these stories is prequel hatred, and because hatred is a fundamentally weak foundation, the stories end up built on sand and break the second they have to stand on their own.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I read Light of the Jedi and Into the Dark to try and get a grip on the era. Think that was enough for me.

Into the Dark leans heavily into 'complain about the Jedi' if that's your thing.

This concept cracks wide whenever they try to move past the complaining. Qui Gon constantly complains about how his bosses are immoral for doing nothing about slavery...and then does nothing about slavery. Ahsoka complains about the mainstream Jedi...and does nothing differently except for her different coloured lightsabre. Rey refounds the Jedi, same way, different coloured lightsabre (which also happens in DOTF, but with a random romance)

Orla the Wayseeker has a massive dispute with the Council because she prefers to follow her instincts...but her instincts lead her to unleash an army of carnivorous plant monsters on the galaxy.

That's the trick they have to pull. Whenever the Council is wrong, that's because they don't follow the will of the Force. But whenever the renegades are wrong, it's the will of the force that they are wrong and therefore they can't be held accountable for their fuckups. Neat trick.

Takes less effort to draw water from the same well and then complain about the taste than it does to sink a new well. It's so uncreative.

Top Bottom