• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Projects that you would like to do but won't

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Anyone else got a bunch of these? I've been contemplating a Legacy of Kain/Twilight crossover fic, taken as seriously as I possibly can, but the odds of actually doing it are pretty slim. The Cullen clan plus Vampire Bella and Jacob are transported to Nosgoth and try to carve out a slice of Kain's empire.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Well, not now, but once upon a time I had an idea to write a piece entitled Final Fantasy: Battle Royale, where basically it would take the world and characters of FF and place it in the scenario of Battle Royale, the Japanese book/film/manga created by Koushun Takami. I had the idea when I was about 15, and began writing. Got to about 10,000 words or so, but then stopped.

Fast forward about seven years (in present terms, this would be about the beginning of 2014) and I decided to take it all up again. Now, I've almost finished the first of my two parts.

Not to diverge from what is otherwise a topic that somewhat mulls over the realm of the "could've/would've/should've", but I thought I'd say that sometimes what you think you'll never do you may end up doing - I'm actually waiting for art now for my piece; it has turned into a proper project of sorts now!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Anyone else got a bunch of these? I've been contemplating a Legacy of Kain/Twilight crossover fic, taken as seriously as I possibly can, but the odds of actually doing it are pretty slim. The Cullen clan plus Vampire Bella and Jacob are transported to Nosgoth and try to carve out a slice of Kain's empire.

And then get killed instantly, right?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I'll start most things, no matter how terrible they seem ,but I have abandoned a few fics. There was a piece I was doing about Halo which follows the two marines who always get left behind in the warthog if you have a full vehicle at the end of the level "Halo". It was plagued by the terrible writing that accompanies my early fics.

There was an end of the world / end of the timeline Zelda fic I was working on but after a couple of chapters I realized I was in over my head. Plus it didn't seem to be getting much traction.

I also just stopped one of my christmas stories halfway through. Though to my credit I haven't abandoned any of my novelizations... yet.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I wanted to make my own games using RPGmaker - I was going to make a Turk game, it'd be more of an action/adventure rather than an RPG, with a focus on puzzles and comedy.

But thats not going to happen because I don't have RPGmaker, and I know fuck all about making my own sprites and textures and shit :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wanted to learn to play drums and be cool and shit, but video games give more instant gratification, :monster:

Ghost X

I'd like to work on my own ideas where I don't have to tick boxes for uni. Sculptures, paintings, etc. I haven't really done so since university started mid-2013 :P.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
And then get killed instantly, right?

Nope. While the LOK vampires are much better fighters (and rely a lot on instinct so that telepathy doesn't give that much of an edge), Twilight vampires are practically indestructible. After clashes with Melchiah and Kain, they set up shop in the abandoned Razielim territories. Melchiah narrowly survives his encounter, but was bitten in the process, and eventually comes back powerful enough to deal with them.

Honestly, I'd probably fudge the encounters in favour of the Nosgoth vampires because I like them more, even though the Cullens are on paper more powerful, if vulnerable to magic.

Yes, I put that much thought into it. Make of that what you will.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm not sure about the reasoning that vampires could be somehow less indestructible than cardboard

jks :monster:

Art projects are my domain of "I wanna but I can't". Mainly learning how to actually use color and ink effectively in my digital art, learning to do something else other than the human figure

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I've got a fic or two on the go that I'd like to finish. I think I will finish them, in time. I'm just horrendously slow at updating them and I can go months without working on them at all and then just write three chapters in a week.

I should probably work on being more consistent with them.

I have a bunch of small comedy sketch video ideas, about 2 or 3 minutes long each that I'd like to film and put up on YouTube or something. But they'll never happen. I have maybe one friend who might be interested in working on them with me but even if he got on board with it scheduling and location and everything else is just too big a headache to really make it worth it.

Top Bottom