PS2 Archives (PS3)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/release/nr_20120703_ps2_archives.html

The Japanese name for PS2 games downloadable/playable onto the PS3. There's already been some, but they announced a bunch more and made it an official line.

i misread the news as saying that you could play ps2 games on the ps3 now but that's not the case :sadpanda:

On the 25th of July, they're going to start with these five on the Japanese store:

Resident Evil Code: Veronica (Complete Edition) - 1200 yen
Kessen - 1500 yen
Contra: Shattered Soldier - 1200 yen
Dragon Force - 800 yen
Siren (Forbidden Siren) - 1200 yen

The next batch will be:
DOA2 Hard*Core - 1500 yen
Castlevania (Lament of Innocence) - 1200 yen
Dynamite Deka (repackaged as 'Die Hard Arcade' outside of Japan) - 800 yen
Gunstar Heroes ~Treasure Box~ - 800 yen
Dark Cloud - 1200 yen

if i didn't already have Siren i would be excited for that, but everyone who doesn't have it should be instead (if it gets an english release) :sadpanda: Code: Veronica seems like a strange choice, seeing as they just released the HD version not long ago.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I still can't figure out how to set up a ps1 memory card to play ff7.
All my old ps2 games all work fine but ps1 games won't save 0.o

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
And this is why companies dropped backwards compatability, :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Contra: Shattered Soldier :O

That game was pretty damn good and pretty notorious because it used the blue PS2 disc's that hardly ever worked lol.
So it was hard enough to get it to run, then even harder to play. Gotta hand it to Contra to live up to there pain in the ass legacy xD

Top Bottom