QF: Not Alone vs. Fight On!

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This is the weakest quarter-final matchup in my opinion - I don't think either of these songs deserves a place in the top four - but this isn't about what I think, luckily for you. :) Will you keep the last remaining Final Fantasy IX song in the contest or will you send another VII song into the semi-finals?

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the semi-finals. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Voted for Not Alone; I love Fight On! and have voted for it several times too, but head to head I enjoy Not Alone as a whole. Though Fight On sure is energizing. :awesome:
Also, I want to see some diversity in the final four, and a IX song make it to the end.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Not Alone. It's got a nice intro, and a great guitar/vocal main theme with a nice ending.

If it was going against Fighting, and and no Fight On, then this would be a lot harder. But Fight On is a way more repetitive song then Fighting is, and doesn't have the rage of sounds/musical instruments that Fight On does (especially the CC version of Fighting).

Not Alone goes more places then Fight On does.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I agree about Fight On! not being as good as Those Who Fight; I love VII's battle theme more than it's boss theme.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Wow, really? Almost tie? Not Alone will always get me. I don't care for IX but you can't not love that song.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Surprise vote for Not Alone! I was so sure I'd pick Fight On, having previously spoken of how I've grown a bit tired of Not Alone. But listening to them now, it's like the situation has reversed. When the Not Alone video ends, I want it to keep going, but when the Fight On video ends, I've had more than enough of it.

It's funny how different some songs sound when they're played just before or after certain other songs, isn't it? Kind of like the way colours appear different depending on their surroundings.

(I still wish Great Warrior had made it, though.)

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
You all need to quit doing matches where I have to vote against VII.

+1 for Not Alone.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Not Alone is through. That means we have two songs from VII and two songs from other games in our semi-final line-up, a nice balance. First semi-finals will go up tomorrow. :)

Top Bottom