• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Question about the Reactor 1 mission

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Did the mission happen at night or during the day? According to the gossip lady, the explosion happened earlier, because she said that if it had happened in the middle of the night, people could have at least died in their sleep. But according to the intercom on the train, Cloud and the gang didn't get back to Sector 7 from the mission until after midnight. And the outdoor areas of the reactor complex looked dark enough for it to be nighttime. Maybe it was earlier in the evening? I don't know how long the train ride from the Sector 8 plate to the Sector 7 slums is supposed to take, so I'm not sure. Anyone know?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
They have to take the last train available home, which could be anywhere from 7pm to midnight. Depends on how long they spent staying hidden/shaking off pursuit before boarding.

My guess would be early evening, after the workday, but not so late that it's suspicious to be on the streets.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
That little translation snafu is the sole basis for the “it’s always dark in Midgar” fan theory, which is now debunked before the title of the Remake even appears.

Kratos

Pro Adventurer
In the Remake, it happens just after 9 PM, according to in-game clocks.

Obviously not 100% applicable to the original, but it does seem that the same team decided at some point that it took place in the early-mid evening.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Well not the SOLE basis. There was also the whole fight with Diamond Weapon seeming to take place during two completely different times of day :monster:
Well that was just because square was too cheap to make new assets just for that one scene, if I had to guess. Woulda needed to make a whole new model of Midgar during the day time.

Yeah gossip lady's line was mistranslated. She's actually saying the opposite: that at least people got to die in their sleep because it was late at night.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
As far as gossip lady goes, her unwittingly saying the wrong thing actually fits how I'm writing her in my Lifestream revision - she's so interested in getting the scoop that she usually only gets half the story right at any given time. But thanks for the responses, guys, they did help. :)

Top Bottom