• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Questions About Zirconaide & Jade WEAPON

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
So, I'm curious about the final/super bosses, but there isn't a lot of information on them.

1. Would anyone happen to have an image of Zirconaide where you can actually make out what it looks like?

2. So, this thing was summoned in Midgar & destroyed a sector, right?

3. And Jade was released...why?

I'm not sure how far I am through the Chapter Summaries. I haven't been back to them in a while.

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Most of this stuff is covered in the BC summaries I posted on the frontpage.

1. zirc.jpg

2. Zirconiade was summoned in its own dimension just like every other summon (except Bahamut SIN). The gateway to the dimension opened above the wastelands surrounding Midgar and caused a great storm around the city. Other than possible side effects of the storm, Midgar was unaffected by Zirconiade.

3. Towards the end of the game, when Zirconiade becomes almost indestructible, the Planet releases the Jade WEAPON (just as it did the other WEAPON in FF7) to protect itself and attack that which the Planet believed posed a threat to its existence. Since the Turks defeated Zirconiade, the purpose of Jade became redundant. Instead, it sought out all those who had come into contact with the summon in order to eradicate its existence. Hence the battles between the Turks and the Jade WEAPON. The Turks fight it to defend themselves.

What's the rationale behind the existence of Zirconiade and the Black Materia, two summons (presumably generated by the Lifestream or at least out of Lifestream material) which are capable of destroying the Planet? Are they manifestations of the Planet's Freudian death wish? Did they come about during the Jenova era, as a kind of scorched earth weapon of last resort, in the sense that if all else failed the planet could self-destruct as a mans of protecting the wider universe? But why then would the Planet generate Weapons to fight what it, itself, created? Or did Jenova somehow create Zirconiade and the Black Materia? Just wondering.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I figured that maybe things like the Black Materia and Zirconiade are just byproducts. The planet may produce Materia and other things like that without the intention of doing so. They're just 'there'.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
I haven't gotten through the summaries yet. That said, the way I heard it, a sector was destroyed in the battle to explain a missing one at the start of FFVII. Looking at the picture of Midgar in the manual, I DO see a section of the Plate without any buildings & what appears to be a giant hole in it.

So, besides an "ultimate summon," what exactly is Zirconaide? Why was it becoming nearly indestructible, & if it was, how could it have been destroyed? In what way does it even make sense to kill the Turks? Did it just think they were the summon because they got some Zirco-juice on them in the battle?

I'm going with the by-products idea as well. That said, I can't believe that the Compilation actually went with the retarded explanation that "most summons appear in their own dimension." Some things are better left to interpretation....

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
The sector of Midgar you mention with no buildings and a big hole in it is Sector 6, which was never actually completed. That isn't the result of the events in BC, it literally never got fully built at all.

WEAPON turning on the Turks when its target disappeared doesn't make sense to me either, I'd have figured it would just return to rest the way the WEAPONs did after Jenova was sealed.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Prior to Zirconiade's destruction, the destroyed plate as seen in the opening of Final Fantasy VII was a result of Zirconiade's defeat.

This is what it says in the FF Wiki. That is, at best, a dubious source, but I figure this information must be being pulled from SOMEWHERE, even if it IS a misconception.

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Actually, I'm pretty sure it was me who hypothesised the Sector6 thing way back on ACF when details were not fully available. Canon is that the battle with Zirconiade and Sector6 are completely unrelated.

I agree that the existence of Black Materia was not something deliberately created by the Planet. However, that raises the subject of whether or not the White Materia was deliberately created as its opposite or if nature just made it so.

The story of the Jade WEAPON is not considered canon my many fans. Largely because it doesn't make a huge amount of sense.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, Sector 6 was never completed. Midgar itself never got completed even during FFVII. That's out of the original game as well.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
It would make a certain amount of sense for Zirc's summoning to have damaged the existing work that had been done on Sector 6 and cause a setback or something, but canon says they just never got it done.

As for the Black Materia and such, I too figure materia that isn't produced by synthetic processes in Mako Reactors is probably kind of random, just depending on what knowledge happens to condense in it from the Lifestream. That isn't to say that the Planet can't direct the flow of the Lifestream to make materia to counteract what has come out, or perhaps the Cetra asked the Planet to do it, which is how we get things like the White Materia.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Well, it would help if I could get a video of the final battles. I tried, but there just aren't that many BC videos on YouTube.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
There's tons of BC videos on Nico Nico Douga:
http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121

As for Zirconiade, as far as I can tell, he doesn't harm the planet at all -- just everything living on it. That's why Fuhito wanted to use him: to kill all living things and let the planet start over.

And from what I understand, Jade WEAPON went after the Turks because they'd killed a natural part of the planet's ecosystem (Zirconiade).

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I love how Zirconaide is basically the "crazy pyromaniac" summon who just wants to burn things.

He probably wets the bed too.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
As for Zirconiade, as far as I can tell, he doesn't harm the planet at all -- just everything living on it. That's why Fuhito wanted to use him: to kill all living things and let the planet start over.

Exactly. The Black-Materia/Meteor is the only summon that threatens the existence of the planet itself.

And from what I understand, Jade WEAPON went after the Turks because they'd killed a natural part of the planet's ecosystem (Zirconiade).

That's right too.

However, I still don't understand why the Planet created two creatures with the same purpose. After all, both Zirconiade and Chaos have the mission of killing everyone on the planet.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Exactly. The Black-Materia/Meteor is the only summon that threatens the existence of the planet itself.

That's right too.

However, I still don't understand why the Planet created two creatures with the same purpose. After all, both Zirconiade and Chaos have the mission of killing everyone on the planet.

Zirconaide just likes to burn things! It was either let it have a purpose, or just piss around and burn things up for no reason. The planet figured that by giving it some higher purpose, it'd help keep in control and not just go crazy.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Also, like I theorized before, the Planet may not have an active influence on everything it creates. The WEAPONS, yes, but stuff like some of the summons and the random magics may just be byproducts, just 'there'.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
I don't know if Zirconaide has a purpose. If it does, it could be what Fuhito wanted to do with it. Chaos only activates when the end of the world is triggered.

And we've basically seen that the Planet doesn't have a fine grasp of the shit it does. The Weapons pretty much go berserk when they can't fight Sephiroth.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
In all honesty, the Planet is kind of a retard. I mean, look how easy it is in DoC to trick it into believing the end is nigh, bring out Omega. The Compilation takes place on the planet that rode the short-bus into the galaxy. So sad :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Given that Zirconiade's destruction called out Jade, I think that this particular summon had an intended function for the planet. A "reset button" of sorts.

Top Bottom