• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Spoiler Free Questions Thread (All Spoilers Must Be Tagged!)

Lex

Administrator
Hi folks.

I thought this might be a good idea but we'll see how it goes - for people who want to remain unspoiled in general but might have a specific burning question about X or Y thing without actually looking into the leaks, you can use this thread to ask a question and safely get a response. People might have very small things they'd like to know rather than digging deep to find an answer, and that way you can stay away from the bigger stuff.

You can ask the question openly, and the response must quote the post and be spoiler tagged (even if that answer is "unknown").

As a reminder, the easiest way to tag something as a spoiler is to use the "..." menu when you're writing a post.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
For those of you who want a non-spoiler summary of what went down more or less...

The Demo that Sony released was clearly not supposed to be released yet, but of course, people went and downloaded it anyway. Once they did so, they found out that all the demo data was there... and a whole lot of other stuff. In the demo was the password for all the encrypted stuff in the Demo. So people unencrypted it and since FFVIIR is created with the Unreal Engine 4 (an open-source game engine), it didn't take long for people to start poking around in it.

As it turns out, Square Enix hadn't scrubbed the Demo code of a bunch of development screencaps, for whatever reason. And then some people got the audio from the game ripped. I'm sure people who know how to use Unreal Engine 4 are having a field day with the Demo files and are probably trying to open up whatever they can. I know they've found the subtitles at least, so dialouge bits are filtering in...

Long story short, it was pretty much a FUBAR on both Sony and SE's part. On Sony's part, the demo was released way too early. On Square Enix's part, they left a bunch of info lying around in a format that wasn't hard to get into.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Sorry for double post
Okay, ONE specific question, because it will tell me the attitude square is taking towards the whole remake: is the controversial change that cloud doesn't cross dress anymore? Just yes or no pls, no details. I've been worried they might remove that scene.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Sorry for double post
Okay, ONE specific question, because it will tell me the attitude square is taking towards the whole remake: is the controversial change that cloud doesn't cross dress anymore? Just yes or no pls, no details. I've been worried they might remove that scene.
no that's not what i'm talking about

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay good, I was a little paranoid about that because even though it really seemed like they were keeping it, they never flat out confirmed it. Even in those interviews Toriyama just said "when Cloud disguises himself." Which was worryingly non specific. Okay, no more question. I'll wait and see what they changed myself in two months!

NibelFire

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Blaze
@Obsidian Fire I had to do a double take on the part where they put the password inside lol. I'm baffled by how SE can make such a rookie mistake like that. For all the attention to details they put into the game itself their data security is so lackluster in comparison.

I'm just curious about one thing. Is it true that there are info about stuffs beyond Midgar? And is it enough to give some insights about future parts?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Stuff beyond Midgar
I haven't seen anything I would think is from Part 2. However, we have known for a while they are changing the beats of the story/plot...
Red XIII
It looks like Red XIII is a Guest Member. This makes sense in context of the other leaks...
Affection System
I have seen nothing about this. There is a lot of text that hasn't been leaked yet.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
This might be too early to ask and probably can't be answered until we see footage of it, but does anyone know how the game map works? Is it zone-based like FFXII/DQXI, open world, or a hallway corridor like FFX/FFXIII?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
General Note: We have very little info about anything to do with game structure. Weather that be how the plot goes or how locations fit together.

Map Info
There looks to to be 10 folders of different location info in the Demo folder. I can even tell you what their names are if you want to know.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Some people say he starts as a guest member but can possibly a become a full fledged party member. Is that all noise or is there some reality to that? Sorry if I seem desperate lol

Saven

Pro Adventurer
General Note: We have very little info about anything to do with game structure. Weather that be how the plot goes or how locations fit together.

Map Info
There looks to to be 10 folders of different location info in the Demo folder. I can even tell you what their names are if you want to know.

I'm good personally, just wanted to see if anything regarding the structure was found yet. Thanks though!

Lex

Administrator
Some people say he starts as a guest member but can possibly a become a full fledged party member. Is that all noise or is there some reality to that? Sorry if I seem desperate lol

The only concrete info we have is that he has a weapon (so might be customisable in the menu), and that there's a text/ subtitle file which says "Red XIII has joined your party as a guest but you will not be able to control him"

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
@Obsidian Fire I had to do a double take on the part where they put the password inside lol. I'm baffled by how SE can make such a rookie mistake like that. For all the attention to details they put into the game itself their data security is so lackluster in comparison.
If they label their files as "finisheddemo9999" "finisheddemo9999a" "finisheddemo9999b" "finisheddemo9999c1" I can kinda get how the mix up would happen because I do this all the goddamn time and drive myself up the wall for doing this to myself. But wow, jesus, for a major project like the Remake how can they not quadruple check for quality when it's so close to the release date?

Totally trivial question, but...are there any cats/dogs in the remake, and if so, can we pet them?

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
The only concrete info we have is that he has a weapon (so might be customisable in the menu), and that there's a text/ subtitle file which says "Red XIII has joined your party as a guest but you will not be able to control him"
Ooh okay. Thank you so much !

Top Bottom