• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

R32: Aerith's Theme vs. Battle with an Esper

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the round of 16. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Man feels win.

Aerith's theme.

Lex

Administrator
Esper Battle because it's fricking brilliant and it's 100% going to be annihilated in this round which saddens me.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Aerith's theme, easily. XII has a lot of good songs, but how this one made top 32 ff songs I do not understand.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Who drew this
Was it Flint's bot
Forever hate
It was everyone who voted in the previous two rounds, including me, and you, but not Sephibot. :P

I agree with the Major: Esper Battle is not one of my favourite songs from XII, not by a long way.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Aerith's theme. And not just because it's a great theme. It's used brilliantly in-game as a one-time only boss fight theme.

Ghost X

Being the one who nominated Esper Battle into this competition, it is one of my favourites, and refreshing my memory of it just now, it is actually better than I remembered before having done so :awesome:, but I still find it difficult to compare to Aerith's Theme.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah I'm not even going to vote for this one

That said, I love Esper Battle and I'm glad it got as high on the list as it did

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
This pleases Aerith <3

vP9WYeR.png

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm still decided which one to vote for. These rounds are very fun and tearing my heart in two. :awesome: well not really, but how can these two songs be judged side by side? One's this grand, ominous battle song and the other is encompassing the entirety of Aerith's character. I'll just have to end up picking my favorite, I suppose.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
While I have yet to play XII, I like the theme here. It sounds imperial-ish rather than summon-ish. I never cared for Aerith but her theme is beautiful. Not voting.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm voting for Aerith's Theme. It's not one of my very favourite pieces in the series, but I did nominate it, because I like it a lot. I've started to enjoy Esper Battle more during this event, because I thought it was quite forgettable in the context of Final Fantasy XII, but I'm still puzzled as to how it did better than all the other good songs from that game.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
Battle With An Esper is better every time I listen to it. It's permeated with such power.

Ultimately though, Aerith's Theme must be the winner. Emotionally it's a sucker punch in the gut. It's also a beautiful composition. So there you go.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Ended up voting for Aerith's Theme. I really like Battle with an Esper, but it's definitely not my favorite song from XII, and I really love Aerith's Theme, so that's my vote. :monster:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Aerith's Theme. This was actually the first time during this competition that I thought that Esper Battle sounded quite good, but unfortunately just not good enough.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Aerith's Theme in, Battle with an Esper out, Flintlock shake it all about.

Bye-bye Final Fantasy XII.

Fangu

Great Old One
I'll just leave this here

To anyone saying 'XII's music didn't interest me'

your parents never made you play an instrument, right

yeah.

Top Bottom