R32: Anxiety vs. Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the round of 16. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I love Anxiety (Anxious Heart), but I mean was this even supposed to be a contest? The Main Theme of FF7 is probably the best "main theme / overworld theme" of any Final Fantasy to date.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I love Anxiety, but I have to vote for Main Theme as I just like how it goes on a 'journey' with the theme, it encompasses VII's entire story.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I guess I'm going to have to be the lone voice of dissent so far... Anxiety/Anxious Heart has always been more appealing to me for some reason.

RedFFWolf

Donator
^You look lonely there in the polls. Allow me to join you.

Both songs stir a lot of feelings, but as to which one I can endure listening to over and over, Anxious Heart wins for me. Both can be listened to repetitively for obscene lengths of time---and with little to no consequence---but Anxious Heart holds a special place within.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Both songs stir a lot of feelings, but as to which one I can endure listening to over and over, Anxious Heart wins for me. Both can be listened to repetitively for obscene lengths of time---and with little to no consequence---but Anxious Heart holds a special place within.

Yup, yup, yup! LOVE Anxiety I could listen to it all day, but for some reason Vii's Main Theme just doesn't do it for me...

These polls are making me realise how obscenely fussy I am about music haha :monster:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
To my own surprise I voted for Anxiety. I'm not a hge fan of Anxiety but for some reason while I was listening to the Main Theme I just felt so bored. Maybe it's just because it's late and I want to go to bed, but I wanted to vote now so I voted for Anxiety becaue it felt more fresh and interesting. It's not like VII needs my vote anyway. :P

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I've never honestly cared for the main theme of Final Fantasy VII, which is strange to me but eh. It's mostly an overworld theme and I've never really felt like I had to notice overworld themes unless they had some serious flavour to them like in Uematsu's later works.

Ghost X

The main theme is an extraordinary piece, but anxious heart does its job and far more efficiently :P.

AvecAloes

Donator
I voted for Anxious Heart. I knew it would be a useless vote, but I really, really like that song.

I wish I had more time to actually do proper write ups for all of votes I've been casting, but I just have so many other things to do all of the time ever anymore aaaaaaaaa

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I said on the preview show last night that the Main Theme was probably the first Final Fantasy song that I liked enough to listen to outside of the game, which started a 18-year (and counting) habit. The thing I like most about it is the way it mixes major and minor keys to such brilliant effect.

I like Anxiety a lot as well - I almost voted for it last time around - but I don't quite think it deserves to go further in this contest.

Fangu

Great Old One
I ended up going with Anxiety. There are a few themes I think sums up the atmosphere of VII very nicely. Under the Rotting Pizza is one of them, Anxiety is another.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII looks like it's going to be difficult to beat. It's into the last 16. My personal prediction is that it will go up against Aerith's Theme in the quarter-finals, which would be an interesting matchup.

Top Bottom