R32: J-E-N-O-V-A vs. The Decisive Battle

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Announcement: JasonTandro (Santa Christ), Kuroto and Lex joined me for a final 32 preview - take a listen!

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the round of 16. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Last edited:

Ghost X

I think Decisive Battle begins well with those pumping techno-ish drum beats, but doesn't do much for me beyond that. The Black Mages version does better things with the composition. Jenova is nice to listen to. Not a particularly strong piece, imo, but is the better of the two.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Darn. Even with the FF7 bias I expected Decisive Battle to put up a bit more of a fight than this...

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
The Decisive Battle all the way, as again it's one of my favorite boss battle songs of all time. However looks like it'll lose, so pooooo :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
JENOVA all the way. Nobody can beat that badass alien blue titty bitch. :monster:

Splintered

unsavory tart
I didn't always care for Jenova but ever since I saw the piano version I can't help but love it now. I like VI's battletheme and all but there's something fun about the alienesque boss music that's really catchy.

Fangu

Great Old One
Idk, they're both really good battle themes but I can't really say JENOVA is 500% better than the Decisive Battle. At all. Rather, if I look at them from a composition perspective, I have to say the Decisive Battle has much more going for it - overall I think it's a better musical piece. JENOVA tends to sound 'thinner' in my opinion, and therefore much more repetitive. So Decisive Battle gets my vote.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I wish The Decisive Battle had done a bit better in the previous round so it could have had a nicer draw... it's definitely in my 16 favourite songs that are left in the contest, but J-E-N-O-V-A is pretty much #1, and I can't vote for both. :(

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Both are good battle themes but I voted for J-E-N-O-V-A, because it's so super epic and unlike all the other main VII pieces it still works just as well as it has before.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The aforementioned badass alien-blue-titty bitch has made it into the last 16. :P Tough draw for the Decisive Battle.

Top Bottom