• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

R32: Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV vs. One-Winged Angel

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the round of 16. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
ARGHHH!!! Flint, this one was so tough for me. I love both of these songs so much. I went with "One Winged Angel" but it only barely won out. If I saw this on another day, I'd probably have voted for the FFIV main theme. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I had a deeply hipster-like urge to just vote for whatever wasn't One Winged Angel even though I don't hate it, but then it was an FFIV song and I was like... One Winged Angel it is XD.

(I kind of dislike FFIV)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
IV's theme is beautiful, but in terms of the piece that is the better piece of music, had the bigger impact on the series, was the bigger "wow" moment and yes was the more over-used piece, OWA has to win this one. Not that IV's Main Theme isn't amazing, but OWA is the whole package.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I enjoy IV's main theme, but no way was it going to beat out OWA for me. :awesome: I really love all the different versions of OWA, and though I don't usually listen to it just to listen to it, I love hearing the song while playing the games, and I find it awesome.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
ARGHHH!!! Flint, this one was so tough for me. I love both of these songs so much. I went with "One Winged Angel" but it only barely won out. If I saw this on another day, I'd probably have voted for the FFIV main theme. :monster:

My thoughts exactly, save that I did swing towards FFIV main theme today. Can't say how much of it is nostalgia towards my first Final Fantasy and just having heard OWA way to much over the years. But I'm happy with my choice.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I like both but I went with the Main Theme of FFIV. For me it is more nostalgic and I just happen to like it a bit better. The first version I heard of it was this one:

I'm glad that at least one song from IV made it this far. Theme of Love should have made it too, but unfortunately it didn't.

Ghost X

I wouldn't be honest with myself if I denied One-Winged Angel is the better of the two here in my view :P. I have no nostalgic feelings or knowledge of the making-of the other, which could possibly make me appreciate it at an equal level :P.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I like both but I went with the Main Theme of FFIV. For me it is more nostalgic and I just happen to like it a bit better. The first version I heard of it was this one:

I'm glad that at least one song from IV made it this far. Theme of Love should have made it too, but unfortunately it didn't.

Wow, I love that version, I've never heard it before. The notes sound like water. <3 And I just love Celtic music. <3

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This was the easiest decision so far, since I don't actually like the Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV very much. The main melody is very pretty, but the arpeggios that start the song off and continue in the background are quite off-putting. One-Winged Angel, on the other hand, is an incredible piece of music. Uematsu was so ambitious with it, and it could easily have sounded ridiculous, but he really pulled it off. Everyone remembers it for the chorus but I love the instrumental parts, including the Purple Haze-inspired intro.

Lex

Administrator
My favourite part of it is actually the swells that begin at 0:54 that lead into the chorus. A modern day equivalent would be a bass drop XD.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
One-Winged Angel. Even in it's crappy Midi format it was so great and the following versions of it have expanded on it so well.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
Ooph. I hadn't expected to be in such a tiny minority voting for Main Theme of FFIV. One Winged Angel is a great song no doubt, but I tend to skip it when it comes up. If I want drama and majesty I turn to Liberi Fatali or Dancing Mad.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I don't think anyone should be particularly surprised at the result of this poll: One-Winged Angel has swept aside the Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV and will face Roses of May in the next round.

Top Bottom