R32: The Man with the Machine Gun vs. Zanarkand

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the round of 16. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
To Zanarkand is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful piece and is one of the best and most serene and somber openings of a Final Fantasy game.

But Man With The Machine Gun was a battle theme that sounded like dance music and it blew it me away. In case you can't tell, I'm a sucker for the "wow" factor and thus it gets my vote.

Lex

Administrator
Oh this was tough. I went with Man With the Machine Gun because I found myself doing the fake castanet noises with my hands while listening to it. I still love To Zanarkand though.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I love both these songs, arg.
Man with the Machine Gun is a favorite battle song of mine, it's one of my favorite songs from VIII, but Zanarkand has this gorgeous piano and this melody that makes your heart ache, like there's nothing in the world that can fix it. It's the intro to X and it's the tune of much of the story, and for all of that, I'm voting for it.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I can only wonder at the sadistic mind that laid this choice before us. Man with the Machine Gun excellently captures Laguna's fun energy that contrasts with Squall. But Zanarkand captures Tidus' tragic story and that has to take it for me. Did not expect to find myself voting against Man with the Machine Gun already.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Both are so good. This is a real toughie.

It's a weird decision, but possibly in virtue of "Someday the Dream Will End"'s existence, I'm voting for Man With the Machine Gun - with that song's presence, Zanarkand just can't strike me as much anymore in comparison. Man With the Machine Gun is infectious - all the enemies look like they're dancing to it

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Man with the Machine Gun. Zanarkand is nice, but Man with the Machine Gun has a lot more wow factor too it.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Zanarkand. Always Zanarkand. Nothing beats the tragic love story/history of that shattered city. </3

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
To Zanarkand was the very first Final Fantasy piano piece I ever played, but Laguna was the very first Final Fantasy character I'd probably go gay for

Decisions

Ghost X

Wow, dead heat so far. I never found the piano version of Zanarkand appealing. I prefer orchestral variants. Even still, I'd probably vote for Man with the Machine gun, even though it is not a strong piece in itself, imo. I like its otherworldliness, for lack of better description.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Man with the machine gun mainly because I love Laguna and the Black Mages version is insanely badass.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I love Zanarkand; I'd be happy if it finished in the top four. I have an emotional connection to it that goes beyond the pure musical quality of the song. Man with the Machine Gun is decent, but it doesn't make me feel anything.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This was a close one: Man with the Machine Gun looked like winning for a while, but Zanarkand beat it by four votes in the end.

AvecAloes

Donator
latest

Top Bottom