Random LOTR/FFVII Parody Idea

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
So I was talking to a friend, and we both kind of came up with this initially really random and now plausible parody idea: A FFVII-style parody of LOTR :P. Okay, so maybe this has been done before, but I find myself actually considering this as a written type of parody. Actually filled most of the spots of LOTR characters with FFVII people and I think it would work really well for a good laugh and semi-serious tone XP. I'll put up the character roster just to see what you guys think:

Aragorn = Tseng
Frodo = Cloud
Sam = Zack
Merry = Reno [Subject to change]
Pippin = Rude [Subject to change]
Gimli = Barret
Legolas = Vincent
Boromir = Genesis
Gandalf = Bugenhagen
Elrond = Rufus
Arwen = Aerith
Faramir = ??? [Undecided]
Eowyn = Tifa
Eomer = Angeal
Theoden = Reeve
Galadriel = Ifalna
Celeborn = Gast
Bilbo = ??? [Undecided]

Mount Doom = Northern Cave
The Ring = Black Materia
Sauron = Sephiroth
Saruman = Hojo
Gollum/Smeagol = Yuffie [Subject to change]
Clones = Ringwraiths

NOTE: These are matched moreso to personality or characteristics other than physical appearance.

That's what I got so far, tho I'm starting to feel a bit more serious about it cuz I really like the idea of doing a partly serious parody. This would also end up Tseng/Aerith cuz of the Aragorn/Arwen pairing XP. Mainly just an idea for now, but I'm liking it so far, LOL.

~ Raz

Last edited:

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I just want to say how incredibly perfect Yuffie is for Gollum.

Is the ring going to be materia?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
haha, Yuffie going after materia? Her obsession works, however she's a bit too happy, isn't she? But I suppose being a parody that could work well.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
Yea, just fixed it xD, The Ring is the Black Materia, and yes, because Yuffie's obssessed with materia, she'd want that Black one, the same way Gollum wanted "his precious" Ring. LOL!

~ Raz

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
haha, I do like it. :)

Who would you have be Faramir, and what role would Jenova have?

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
Havent gotten that far yet, but still working on it. XP Idk where to put Jenova honestly, but I also want Cid in there somewhere. Also, this would purely be in the style of FFVII, just parodizing LOTR story XP, so not a joint-thing. *ignores above post*.

~ Raz

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
I almost think Jenova would be a better Sauron... she is kind of pulling all the strings after all and is the ghostly presence that's always there.

As for Cid... is there any character in LOTR that swears like there's no tomorrow? The only one who comes to mind is Gimli... but that doesn't seem right. :/

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
I wanted Cloud to be in Frodo's role because they share similar mental torment and trials and because, Sephy messes with Cloud's head similar to how the Ring messes with Frodo. Also, I dont think Jenova's pulling the strings xD, but you get my overall point.

Barret's better suited as Gimli cuz Corel can be the Mines of Moria... and then it be barren when they get there.

~ Raz

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Hmmm... good point, for Sephiroth AND Barret.

Cid could be an eagle... you know, 'cause of the flyin' and all. :p

I would prefer Aerith as Aragorn, simply because it opens the window for the following dialogue.

Aerith: "The Black Materia answers to Sephiroth alone. It has no other master."
Genesis: "And *what* would a mere flower girl know of this matter?"
Vincent: "This is no mere flower girl. She is Aerith, the last surviving Ancient. You owe her kind this planet's survival."
Genesis: "There are no more Ancients. The planet needs no Ancients."

Edit: Oh, and because it would allow some hot tension between Aerith/Aragorn and Tifa/Eowyn!

Or how about this one?

Ifalna: "One by one, the free lands of Gaia fell to the power of Jenova. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of Cetra and Men marched against Jenova and her monsters. And on the grounds of the northern continent they fought for the freedom of Gaia."

Or the scene when Gimli/Barret enters Moria/Corel.

Barret: "Soon, master bishie, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the coal miners of Corel. Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone!"
Genesis: "This is no coal miners' town. It is a fire place."
*Corel on fire*
Barret: "NOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
LOL Shademp XD! I kind of wanted to shed some light on Tseng cuz he never really gets any good scenes in any of the Compilation titles save for CC, but even then it wasnt much. Thought it would be nice to give him a title role, even if it is a semi-parody XP

~ Raz

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Hojo, Saruman? Nononononono.
Sephypoo is Saruman. Jenova can be Sauron.
Hojo is Wormtongue.

Reeve as Strider, it make'a no sense. Zack as Strider if you want to go that route.

If you go Aerith as Aragon, Zack should be Arwen. For the hell of it.

Oh, and Cid for Gandalf. "I said you ain't gonna $%#$$^$#%^ PASS!"

Last edited:

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Hojo is Wormtongue.

YES. OMG. The creeper scale would be through the roof.

Reeve as Strider, it make'a no sense. Zack as Strider if you want to go that route.

If you go Aerith as Aragon, Zack should be Arwen. For the hell of it.
I don't think the personalities really fit, Ryu. :awesome:

Oh, and Cid for Gandalf. "I said you ain't gonna $%#$$^$#%^ PASS!"
This made me laugh so hard I shot coffee out my nose.

Thanks a lot, Ryu. :P

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
You know, in parodies there's always this one character who takes the role of someone who doesn't make any sense...

So Cid would be great Gandalf!

Oh, and I say "The Ring" should be "Jenova". It messes up everyone's heads :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I honestly disagree that Cid is a nonsense choice for Gandalf. Gandalf brings fireworks to the shire. He makes rockets. Works with Explosives. He has the fastest conveyance in the story.

It makes perfect sense.

Top Bottom