• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Rank the Metal Gear Games

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Idk, if Act 4 had real people enemies rather than those creepy ass little robots then I'd have enjoyed that right up there with the first two acts.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
yeah fucking robots pissed me off to no end.

You could trigger an alert phase in that area on boss difficulty so easy, it wasn't funny.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
That sounds.... like a bitch to bypass.
And I got too used to MGS3 I'm using it's control basis on 4. That didn't turn out so well for me in the ME stage during that demo. : (

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wouldn't mind if they made another game like MGS 3, a self-contained story with possibly some references to the other games. Snake is win though, it wouldn't be MG without him, and they should keep him.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Dacon, do you like any game? I think Ive seen you complain about gaming more than any person Ive ever seen.

My list goes

MGS4/2
MGS
MGS3

I liked all of them alot, so MGS3 is by no means bad. I just liked the more modern ones better. I guess MGS and MGS3 would be tied actually. The graphics upgrade immersed you more in the world than the original MGS, but the story for that ones was top notch as well.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=Nocturne link=topic=717.msg32537#msg32537 date=1237613726]
Dacon, do you like any game? I think Ive seen you complain about gaming more than any person Ive ever seen.
[/quote]

Then you don't get around the net much.

I'm so very sorry that I feel the need to express my disappointment when a game that I waited 4 years for winds up with a sub par story full of unnecessary fan service and downright lazy writing.

I'm sorry this bothers you so much that you need to comment on it, and I'll do my best not to express my opinion lest I displease you in the future.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
eh, its just that almost every game I see you post about, you complain about it. I just find it kind of odd.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
And I never see you complain about game regardless of their blatant flaws. See? I can do it too.

I never said I didn't like the game nor did I say it was a shitty game. I love the game, but I'm not going to lie and say I thought the story was anything other than a steaming pile of shit. Criticism=/= complaints. If no one criticized games, there'd be no progress and we'd still be stuck with fucking rpgs where people's idea of character development was naming a character and running around a fucking map doing fuck all.

And to be honest with you, I don't really give a flying Melinda about what you think is odd or whatever. Most games these days are lacking in some department, there has yet to be one that has fired on all cylinders for me.

That's just the way it is.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I would love Kojima to remake MGS4, as crazy as that might initially sound. Instead of taking another glimpse into Kojima's post-modern insanity, it feels like you're reading a fanfiction. I mean, nanomachines are used to handwave several elements of the plot; we're supposed to feel sympathy for Vamp? And Ocelot was a good-guy all along.

MGS was known for its unforgettable and moralizing villains, which made an even larger disappointment to meet the travesty that is B&B unit. Not only is each one a playboy model, but they all try to outdo one another for the title of 'most tragic backstory'. It's told to you in third-person after you kill them, so there's no chance of building any kind of rapport or emotional connection to these characters. I didn't care about them one bit. Boo hoo.

- But I admit Crying Wolf looks cool, and the Laughing Octopus battle was a lot of fun.

It wasn't all bad by any means, but MGS set a precedent with its games that was not honoured in the fourth instalment.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
And Ocelot was a good-guy all along.

What makes that him, a sextuple-spy now? I lost track in MGS 3 where he was a triple, I think.

I haven't played MGS 4 (yet) though, so I cannot contribute to this discussion.

Top Bottom