• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[Rankings] 7 Best Moments From [Insert Character] In VII Remake

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
It might not be how he's currently doing it, but it can still be changed. That's the point. And why should one character get multiple spots instead of each spot being given to a different character, which would be more fair?

And again, why did it have to be a competition in the first place? Doing so only puts an automatic slant on how the moments are seen, because some will always be seen as better than others in a competitive environment. Whereas if all were/are included, then they are all are able to be seen as equally good. But we can't have that, can we?

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
CLOUD

(7) Cloud-In-A-Dress quickly cutting Tifa off - yes, he nailed it!
(4) Reaction to expensive hand-massage session
(3) That dance with Rhodea
(5) Mowing down soldiers with Hardy Daytona in the Shinra HQ lobby
(9) Comforting Biggs - "this isn't over"
(1) Facing off against Corneo's thugs in chapter 3 "like I give a shit"
(8) "Really sorry about your ass" line to Wedge
(6) Throwing his sword through the glass wall to shatter it during the escape from Shinra HQ
(2) Trying to scare Aerith at their first meeting "so keep your distance"
(10) Refusing to give Barret false hope with regards to Marlene

BARRET

(10) Barret's aftermath of the Sector 7 plate
(4) Chapter 2 speech
(5) Barret's reaction to Marlene remembering not to talk to strangers line to Cloud at Seventh Heaven
(7) Climbing the Shinra HQ stairs
(3) The "I was wrong about you scene" to Cloud
(9) "They were supposed to return ... to us."
(6) After the Jenova talk, Barret's "I don't give a shit about any of that" as he is focused on Shinra
(8) Chapter 16 - his "a good man is not without sin" during the elevator ride and his "terrible but beautiful" speech about the view of Midgar
(2) Singing the battle theme
(1) Chapter 18. "Wouldn't be the first time I spit in destinys eye"

AERITH

(6) Aerith's "permission to kill" line followed by Cloud's "denied" at the Don Corneo mansion
(7) Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven / deal with Tseng
(4) Aerith falling from the ladder - shit!
(9) The predator and prey banter with Cloud
(3) Going all WWE on the Corneo thug with the chair
(1) The "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. Powerful
(5) Gambling habits with Chocobo Sam
(8) Aerith attempting to keep it together and remain stoic under Hojo's words before letting it slip when he leaves. Intense!
(2) Intro scene. The way the music kicks in as she holds out the flower to Cloud

TIFA

(8) Her resolution scene
(2) The Chun-Li dress
(5) The "lessons from the ground floor" during Sector 7 navigation / orientation
(6) Comes back to save Cloud from falling from the top floor of Shinra HQ
(7) The drink scene at the bar where she fells 'trapped'
(3) "Now the slums should be safe!" goofy moment after her first mission with Cloud
(9) Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt
(1) Relationship with Marle
(4) The talk in their room before you pick her dress. "do you even have fancy clothes" - felt like a real conversation between friends

(7) Rufus - every scene he is in
(6) Red XIII - Making fun of Barret
(5) Red XIII - trying to smile
(4) Red XIII - his introduction to Heideggar
(3) Marlene - Seventh Heaven rescue via Aerith
(2) Hojo - psychologically torturing Aerith with descriptions of her mother's dissection
(1) Wedge - When he confronts the guards to let people evacuate

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Jairus I'm also noticing you think that the main characters are getting top 10 lists while "other" is only 7. That's not accurate I think, every category is getting a top 7. I think the lowest voted three options for the MCs won't be included either. Its ff7, so top 7.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It might not be how he's currently doing it, but it can still be changed. That's the point.

I get your point and I'm sure Clay does as well. When it comes down to it, he decided on the format. If he would've asked for everyone's input on the it, we'd be having a totally different conversation right now.

And why should one character get multiple spots instead of each spot being given to a different character, which would be more fair?

It is fair, because that's what people voted for. If Clay removed one of Reds choices (after people voted it into the top 7) that wouldn't be fair to the people who voted for it.

And again, why did it have to be a competition in the first place? Doing so only puts an automatic slant on how the moments are seen, because some will always be seen as better than others in a competitive environment.

This is how people compile lists like these though. We all have our own bias when it comes to our "favorites."

Whereas if all were/are included, then they are all are able to be seen as equally good. But we can't have that, can we?

Where would it end though? There could've been dozens and dozens of moments. Looking at it through Clay's perspective, I'd want it narrowed down as well

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
CLOUD

Assign 10 points. 10 = Best Moment. 1 = Least Favourite Moment.

(7) Cloud-In-A-Dress quickly cutting Tifa off - yes, he nailed it!
(3) Reaction to expensive hand-massage session
(1) That dance with Rhodea
(8) Mowing down soldiers with Hardy Daytona in the Shinra HQ lobby
(10) Comforting Biggs - "this isn't over"
(4) Facing off against Corneo's thugs in chapter 3 "like I give a shit"
(5) "Really sorry about your ass" line to Wedge
(6) Throwing his sword through the glass wall to shatter it during the escape from Shinra HQ
(9) Refusing to give Barret false hope with regards to Marlene

BARRET

Assign 10 points. 10 = Best Moment. 1 = Least Favourite Moment.

(3) Chapter 2 speech
(9) Barret's reaction to Marlene remembering not to talk to strangers line to Cloud at Seventh Heaven
(6) Climbing the Shinra HQ stairs
(5) The "I was wrong about you scene" to Cloud
(8) "They were supposed to return ... to us."
(7) After the Jenova talk, Barret's "I don't give a shit about any of that" as he is focused on Shinra
(4) Chapter 16 - his "a good man is not without sin" during the elevator ride and his "terrible but beautiful" speech about the view of Midgar
(1) Singing the battle theme
(2) Chapter 18. "Wouldn't be the first time I spit in destinys eye"

AERITH

Assign 9 points. 9 = Best Moment. 1 = Least Favourite Moment.

(3) Aerith's "permission to kill" line followed by Cloud's "denied" at the Don Corneo mansion
(9) Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven / deal with Tseng
(7) Aerith falling from the ladder - shit!
(2) The predator and prey banter with Cloud
(1) Going all WWE on the Corneo thug with the chair
(5) The "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. Powerful
(6) Gambling habits with Chocobo Sam
(8) Aerith attempting to keep it together and remain stoic under Hojo's words before letting it slip when he leaves. Intense!
(4) Intro scene. The way the music kicks in as she holds out the flower to Cloud

TIFA

Assign 9 points. 9 = Best Moment. 1 = Least Favourite Moment.

(9) Her resolution scene
(4) The Chun-Li dress
(1) The "lessons from the ground floor" during Sector 7 navigation / orientation
(8) Comes back to save Cloud from falling from the top floor of Shinra HQ
(6) The drink scene at the bar where she fells 'trapped'
(2) "Now the slums should be safe!" goofy moment after her first mission with Cloud
(3) Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt
(5) Relationship with Marle
(7) The talk in their room before you pick her dress. "do you even have fancy clothes" - felt like a real conversation between friends

Jairus

Jairus I'm also noticing you think that the main characters are getting top 10 lists while "other" is only 7. That's not accurate I think, every category is getting a top 7. I think the lowest voted three options for the MCs won't be included either. Its ff7, so top 7.
No, because we have to assign 10 points to the MC's. So it should've been the same for Other. But Other only gets 7 to assign, which is wrong because it's not the same as the MC's. They should all have been treated equally.

I get your point and I'm sure Clay does as well. When it comes down to it, he decided on the format. If he would've asked for everyone's input on the it, we'd be having a totally different conversation right now.
I'm just saying it can still be changed.

It is fair, because that's what people voted for. If Clay removed one of Reds choices (after people voted it into the top 7) that wouldn't be fair to the people who voted for it.
No, because Red already has a moment. The second one should be taken by a character who doesn't have a moment ranked high enough otherwise.

This is how people compile lists like these though. We all have our own bias when it comes to our "favorites."
Lists can be compiled in other ways, though.

Where would it end though? There could've been dozens and dozens of moments. Looking at it through Clay's perspective, I'd want it narrowed down as well
If there were that many moments, then just make more videos. Easy enough problem to solve.

People are still refusing to vote for her moment. Somebody give her some attention instead of this constant stream of ignorance. If she mattered to anyone here as a character, then her moments would've been remembered and ranked. It's that simple. Show us that somebody here likes her. Change your votes.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
No, because we have to assign 10 points to the MC's. So it should've been the same for Other. But Other only gets 7 to assign, which is wrong because it's not the same as the MC's. They should all have been treated equally.

Tifa and Aerith both got 9

I'm just saying it can still be changed.

It can, but obviously Clay doesn't want to start all over.

No, because Red already has a moment. The second one should be taken by a character who doesn't have a moment ranked high enough otherwise.

Then that wouldn't have been an adequate vote tally. Shit, if people voted in all three Red, both Jessie, and both Johnny, that would've been fair. The process isn't about being fair for the characters, it's about being for for us.

Lists can be compiled in other ways, though.

I agree! It's up to the one who is doing the list though

If there were that many moments, then just make more videos. Easy enough problem to solve.

Of course it can be solved in other ways. But then, you're creating more work for Clay. Editing videos takes time and effort. I don't think it's fair to tell Clay that they should create videos for every single character that was nominated.

People are still refusing to vote for her moment. Somebody give her some attention instead of this constant stream of ignorance. If she mattered to anyone here as a character, then her moments would've been remembered and ranked. It's that simple. Show us that somebody here likes her. Change your votes.

THE 7 BEST MOMENTS FOR OTHER CHARACTERS
  • Marlene - Seventh Heaven rescue via Aerith
  • Cait Sith - The one and only scene he is in!
  • Jessie - holding onto Cloud during the motorcycle segment
  • Jessie - kissing Cloud and causing his brain to shut down for a few seconds
  • Sephiroth - killing President Shinra
  • Biggs - his death scene
  • Wedge - When he confronts the guards to let people evacuate
  • Wedge - Supporting his cats during platefall
  • Red XIII - Making fun of Barret
  • Red XIII - his introduction to Heideggar
  • Red XIII - trying to smile
  • Heideggar - trying to smile
  • Scarlet - kneeing the news reporter in the balls
  • Reeve - turning spinelessness into a fine art
  • Hojo - psychologically torturing Aerith with descriptions of her mother's dissection
  • Rufus - every scene he is in
  • President Shinra - the museum!
  • President Shinra - dialogue with Avalanche at Mako Reactor 5
  • Palmer - chasing the Honeybee staff with a net
  • Johnny - the sauce!
  • Johnny - ass kicked in the colliseum
  • Roche - second duel "push it past the redline"

Her, Wedge, Pres Shinra, and Johnny all got nominated for two moments. The only one who got more was Red with 3. I'm not surprised Red had 3, because in the FF7 universe he is one of the most beloved characters. If she doesn't make the top 7, that doesn't mean people don't like her. I've said it before, she was my 3rd favorite character from the remake. Telling me that I have to vote for her kissing or holding Cloud moment to prove it, is a pretty crappy thing to do.

Jairus

Tifa and Aerith both got 9
Why the arbitrary difference in number, then? As I said, every single category should've had the same number of points to assign so all would be equal.

It can, but obviously Clay doesn't want to start all over.
I never said it had to start over. The current vote tallies can still be kept, or all nominated moments be included. Either approach doesn't require a full restart.

Then that wouldn't have been an adequate vote tally. Shit, if people voted in all three Red, both Jessie, and both Johnny, that would've been fair. The process isn't about being fair for the characters, it's about being for for us.
But it's supposed to highlight different characters. Not the same one multiple times.

Of course it can be solved in other ways. But then, you're creating more work for Clay. Editing videos takes time and effort. I don't think it's fair to tell Clay that they should create videos for every single character that was nominated.
That's not what I was saying. I was saying that Other could've still been a category, but enough videos made to cover all the moments in the category. Not by individual character, but as a group.

Her, Wedge, Pres Shinra, and Johnny all got nominated for two moments. The only one who got more was Red with 3. I'm not surprised Red had 3, because in the FF7 universe he is one of the most beloved characters. If she doesn't make the top 7, that doesn't mean people don't like her. I've said it before, she was my 3rd favorite character from the remake. Telling me that I have to vote for her kissing or holding Cloud moment to prove it, is a pretty crappy thing to do.
If they like her, though, why don't they support her and show it instead of just saying they do? They could've nominated more of her moments in the first place if they liked her.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Why the arbitrary difference in number, then? As I said, every single category should've had the same number of points to assign so all would be equal.

My guess is there were only 9 different moments that were nominated for them.

I never said it had to start over. The current vote tallies can still be kept, or all nominated moments be included. Either approach doesn't require a full restart.

My mistake. Your suggestion would still require Clay to do more than they are wanting to do though.

But it's supposed to highlight different characters. Not the same one multiple times

I think 6 out of 7 moments, highlighting different characters is pretty good. Especially considering it could've been 3.

That's not what I was saying. I was saying that Other could've still been a category, but enough videos made to cover all the moments in the category. Not by individual character, but as a group.

This would still require more work. Instead of a video of 7 character moments, it'd be 22.

If they like her, though, why don't they support her and show it instead of just saying they do? They could've nominated more of her moments in the first place if they liked her.

Remember, this wasn't about favorite characters though. Its favorite character moments. You can't expect people to feel the same way about her moments like you do and to vote exactly like you do.
Red was the only one who got more nominations then her. Don't you think that's pretty good?

Jairus

My guess is there were only 9 different moments that were nominated for them.
It's still not the same number for every group, though.

This would still require more work. Instead of a video of 7 character moments, it'd be 22.
Or three videos, two of 7 moments and one of 8.

Remember, this wasn't about favorite characters though. Its favorite character moments. You can't expect people to feel the same way about her moments like you do and to vote exactly like you do.
Red was the only one who got more nominations then her. Don't you think that's pretty good?
I don't expect people to think exactly the same way I do. And Red being the only one who got more nominations would be good if her moments had ranked higher and others hadn't gotten the same number of moments she did as well.

But I don't like Jessie.
I guess that explains why you stopped being my beta reader without any explanation last year when I was first getting my story started.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
It's still not the same number for every group, though

It is what it is

Or three videos, two of 7 moments and one of 8.

Still more work. I don't think Clay wants to have to do 2 extra videos

I don't expect people to think exactly the same way I do. And Red being the only one who got more nominations would be good if her moments had ranked higher and others hadn't gotten the same number of moments she did as well.

C'mon Jairus. So now you'd only feel good if she got more nominations than every NPC but Red? She was tied with 2 or 3 other characters for the 2nd most nominations. I'm sorry that its not good enough for you, but I think most people would say that's great!

If she did get more votes then the other NPCs, I'm sure it still wouldn't have been enough. Which to be honest, you have shown its not. You want people to put her on the same level as the main characters. You aren't doing that for all other NPCs though. You have only done it for Jessie. Which is fine for you, because you like her that much (I'm still looking forward to reading your book, when finished BTW).

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes

There comes a point where we actually need to collectively stop with the 'oh it's just Jairus' routine and realise that this is actually a serious problem with roots that, most likely, need to be discussed in private. There is no delicate way to say this - but this is not normal behavior. What has proved to be an unhealthy, and highly obsessive, fixation with Jessie continues to be massively disruptive across the board and fosters absolutely no community spirit or goodwill. You are so completely blinded by this Jessie agenda that you refuse to understand or listen to reason.

It is a problem.

You didn't answer me, Claymore. Or address my suggestion. I don't appreciate being ignored.

Your obsessive nature makes communication difficult. If I selectively choose to not respond to a query, it's either because I've answered that question already, or that someone else kindly has. I have asked you several times not to disrupt the process and you continue to ignore that.

You also didn't answer my question about why Other is limited to 7 when the mains don't have that limitation. That is bias. Other should be treated exactly the same. If Cloud and the rest get 10, Other should get 10. Whatever they get, Other should get.

Instead of making it a competition and vote, all nominated moments should be included in the videos. That would better show that no moment is better than another and would be more fair.

It's still not the same number for every group, though.

I have explained this several times, but I will do it once more so that it is crystal clear for you.

TLS YouTube Channel created The VII Best series, a playlist of videos designed around seven specific aspects from Final Fantasy VII, hence the number utilized. It stems from the core ethos of the site and the subject matter that the core content revolves around.

We have done the VII Best Moments In VII, VII Best Songs In FF and the VII Moments We Want To See Remade, not to mention all the other 'out of VII' community events done on the forums itself, or countless articles on the main site, including the VII Best FMVS in FF and the VII Best Lines Of Dialogue in VII.

To reiterate, we do things out of seven.

As I explained to you before, this community event is no different in its final structure. Each character video will be out of seven. Not ten, not five, or any other random number. Seven.

Cloud and Barret will not be 'unfairly' represented and have 10 moments in their video compared to Aerith and Tifa having only 9. The rankings phase was done for a specific reason. The character moments with the top 7 overall points will be represented and ranked in the video to give us the seven best character moments.

This was the one and only reason why I stated that if any single character in the 'Others' category could somehow get seven specific nominations from the community, then they would get their own featured video. Again, because we do things out of seven. Not ten, not five, or any other random number. Seven.

No character did.

Now, you can argue about the 'injustices' of people somehow not caring about anyone other than main characters, or how naturally biased we all are for main characters, as much as you like, regardless of how untrue that statement clearly is from all the responses that have been fielded your way. Those were the guidelines outlined and that is the set up for this video series.

Seven.

And if Jessie's death scene was nominated like Pand said, why wasn't it included in the ratings list? All nominated moments should have been included.

I guess I can see why Clay didn't include my vote for the Trio's death. I put JK, and I wasn't specific. That was my mistake.

In hindsight, I probably should have sought further clarification from Pandemonium, but I saw the 'JK' aspect for all three trio's deaths as a caveat that it wasn't a serious nomination being presented here.

No one is perfect. These things can happen when you are trying to set up any form of voting system. I missed out on my own nominations for Barret going forward. These - things - happen. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to stop an extra nomination for a Jessie scene.

Oh, I'm sorry. Do you work for the NHS, are involved in trying to keep several different and unpaid fan projects afloat on your own, and can give even more of your already limited free time?

That easy huh?

And there we have the sad truth of the matter.

It's all about Jessie.

Instead of working with the system presented - a system by the way, that was only set up to be a fun exercise for the community, not the final Word Of God on these characters - you want to force your Jessie agenda and rebel against it simply because she has not been nominated enough in your personal opinion. Let's be real here. Nothing would satisfy you unless Jessie was in the top position in the 'Others' category or if you somehow got your own personal Jessie video.

This has, and has always been about Jessie for you.

For the last time, nothing is going to be changed in the set up to this community event, and it will end as it has been outlined. Bending over backwards to accommodate one individual in their extremely unhealthy fixation is the worst thing that anyone can do. Whether you want to admit it or not, you have a serious problem and that needs addressing.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Last second votings, comin' in hot! :O
I hope I did it right. :hohum:

CLOUD

(10) Cloud-In-A-Dress quickly cutting Tifa off - yes, he nailed it!
(5) Reaction to expensive hand-massage session
(6) That dance with Rhodea
(9) Mowing down soldiers with Hardy Daytona in the Shinra HQ lobby
(4) Comforting Biggs - "this isn't over"
(3) Facing off against Corneo's thugs in chapter 3 "like I give a shit"
(7) "Really sorry about your ass" line to Wedge
(8) Throwing his sword through the glass wall to shatter it during the escape from Shinra HQ
(1) Refusing to give Barret false hope with regards to Marlene

BARRET

(5) Chapter 2 speech
(4) Barret's reaction to Marlene remembering not to talk to strangers line to Cloud at Seventh Heaven
(8) Climbing the Shinra HQ stairs
(6) The "I was wrong about you scene" to Cloud
(9) "They were supposed to return ... to us."
(2) After the Jenova talk, Barret's "I don't give a shit about any of that" as he is focused on Shinra
(7) Chapter 16 - his "a good man is not without sin" during the elevator ride and his "terrible but beautiful" speech about the view of Midgar
(3) Singing the battle theme
(1) Chapter 18. "Wouldn't be the first time I spit in destinys eye"

AERITH

(5) Aerith's "permission to kill" line followed by Cloud's "denied" at the Don Corneo mansion
(7) Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven / deal with Tseng
(6) Aerith falling from the ladder - shit!
(3) The predator and prey banter with Cloud
(9) Going all WWE on the Corneo thug with the chair
(4) The "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. Powerful
(1) Gambling habits with Chocobo Sam
(2) Intro scene. The way the music kicks in as she holds out the flower to Cloud

TIFA

(9) Her resolution scene
(5) The Chun-Li dress
(2) The "lessons from the ground floor" during Sector 7 navigation / orientation
(3) Comes back to save Cloud from falling from the top floor of Shinra HQ
(8) The drink scene at the bar where she fells 'trapped'
(1) "Now the slums should be safe!" goofy moment after her first mission with Cloud
(7) Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt
(6) Relationship with Marle
(4) The talk in their room before you pick her dress. "do you even have fancy clothes" - felt like a real conversation between friends

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer
CLOUD

(6) Cloud-In-A-Dress quickly cutting Tifa off - yes, he nailed it!
(8) Reaction to expensive hand-massage session
(9) That dance with Rhodea
(10) Mowing down soldiers with Hardy Daytona in the Shinra HQ lobby
(4) Comforting Biggs - "this isn't over"
(1) Facing off against Corneo's thugs in chapter 3 "like I give a shit"
(7) "Really sorry about your ass" line to Wedge
(5) Throwing his sword through the glass wall to shatter it during the escape from Shinra HQ
(3) Refusing to give Barret false hope with regards to Marlene

BARRET

(9) Barret's aftermath of the Sector 7 plate
(8) Chapter 2 speech
(6) Barret's reaction to Marlene remembering not to talk to strangers line to Cloud at Seventh Heaven
(7) Climbing the Shinra HQ stairs
(3) The "I was wrong about you scene" to Cloud
(10) "They were supposed to return ... to us."
(1) After the Jenova talk, Barret's "I don't give a shit about any of that" as he is focused on Shinra
(4) Chapter 16 - his "a good man is not without sin" during the elevator ride and his "terrible but beautiful" speech about the view of Midgar
(5) Singing the battle theme
(2) Chapter 18. "Wouldn't be the first time I spit in destinys eye"

AERITH

(4) Aerith's "permission to kill" line followed by Cloud's "denied" at the Don Corneo mansion
(9) Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven / deal with Tseng
(6) Aerith falling from the ladder - shit!
(3) The predator and prey banter with Cloud
(5) Going all WWE on the Corneo thug with the chair
(8) The "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. Powerful
(1) Gambling habits with Chocobo Sam
(2) Aerith attempting to keep it together and remain stoic under Hojo's words before letting it slip when he leaves. Intense!
(7) Intro scene. The way the music kicks in as she holds out the flower to Cloud

TIFA

(9) Her resolution scene
(6) The Chun-Li dress
(4) The "lessons from the ground floor" during Sector 7 navigation / orientation
(8) Comes back to save Cloud from falling from the top floor of Shinra HQ
(5) The drink scene at the bar where she fells 'trapped'
(1) "Now the slums should be safe!" goofy moment after her first mission with Cloud
(3) Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt
(2) Relationship with Marle
(7) The talk in their room before you pick her dress. "do you even have fancy clothes" - felt like a real conversation between friends

THE 7 BEST MOMENTS FOR OTHER CHARACTERS
(4) Marlene - Seventh Heaven rescue via Aerith
(3) Biggs - his death scene
(6) Wedge - When he confronts the guards to let people evacuate
(1) Red XIII - trying to smile
(5) Hojo - psychologically torturing Aerith with descriptions of her mother's dissection
(7) Rufus - every scene he is in
(2) Johnny - the sauce!

Last edited:

Jairus

C'mon Jairus. So now you'd only feel good if she got more nominations than every NPC but Red? She was tied with 2 or 3 other characters for the 2nd most nominations. I'm sorry that its not good enough for you, but I think most people would say that's great!
That's not what I was saying. Nominations aren't the same thing as actually getting ranked.

If she did get more votes then the other NPCs, I'm sure it still wouldn't have been enough. Which to be honest, you have shown its not. You want people to put her on the same level as the main characters. You aren't doing that for all other NPCs though. You have only done it for Jessie. Which is fine for you, because you like her that much (I'm still looking forward to reading your book, when finished BTW).
Unlike most other NPC's, though, Jessie had enough screen time to actually have 7 moments. That's the difference.

There comes a point where we actually need to collectively stop with the 'oh it's just Jairus' routine and realise that this is actually a serious problem with roots that, most likely, need to be discussed in private. There is no delicate way to say this - but this is not normal behavior. What has proved to be an unhealthy, and highly obsessive, fixation with Jessie continues to be massively disruptive across the board and fosters absolutely no community spirit or goodwill. You are so completely blinded by this Jessie agenda that you refuse to understand or listen to reason. It is a problem.
You know, the only reason I say so much and bring her up is because almost no one else will. It's not like I'm going all across the 'net doing this stuff. This is the only board I really spend time at, and I have plenty of other stuff irl that I do that has nothing to do with her.

If people would bend for me, I would bend for them. But as long as they refuse, why should I still give in?

Your obsessive nature makes communication difficult. If I selectively choose to not respond to a query, it's either because I've answered that question already, or that someone else kindly has. I have asked you several times not to disrupt the process and you continue to ignore that.
What you don't understand is that the very act of refusing to answer is what causes me to keeping going.

I have explained this several times, but I will do it once more so that it is crystal clear for you.

TLS YouTube Channel created The VII Best series, a playlist of videos designed around seven specific aspects from Final Fantasy VII, hence the number utilized. It stems from the core ethos of the site and the subject matter that the core content revolves around.

We have done the VII Best Moments In VII, VII Best Songs In FF and the VII Moments We Want To See Remade, not to mention all the other 'out of VII' community events done on the forums itself, or countless articles on the main site, including the VII Best FMVS in FF and the VII Best Lines Of Dialogue in VII.

To reiterate, we do things out of seven.

This was the one and only reason why I stated that if any single character in the 'Others' category could somehow get seven specific nominations from the community, then they would get their own featured video. Again, because we do things out of seven. Not ten, not five, or any other random number. Seven.

No character did.

Now, you can argue about the 'injustices' of people somehow not caring about anyone other than main characters, or how naturally biased we all are for main characters, as much as you like, regardless of how untrue that statement clearly is from all the responses that have been fielded your way. Those were the guidelines outlined and that is the set up for this video series.

Seven.

And yet, you had to know from the outset that by their very nature of being NPC's AND by making them optional, NONE of them would get the required seven moments. You KNEW that. From the beginning.

Nobody was holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use seven. You could have made an exception given the nature of the NPC's circumstances and in some cases, lack of enough screen time to even warrant that many moments. But you never bothered to even consider it.

Does it make sense to a hold a character to a standard of seven moments when you KNOW they don't have enough screen time to get that many?

Oh, I'm sorry. Do you work for the NHS, are involved in trying to keep several different and unpaid fan projects afloat on your own, and can give even more of your already limited free time?

That easy huh?
I never said it had to be you personally who put them together. Or that there had to be very many. Isn't that what staff here does? Share the workload?

And there we have the sad truth of the matter.

It's all about Jessie.

Instead of working with the system presented - a system by the way, that was only set up to be a fun exercise for the community, not the final Word Of God on these characters - you want to force your Jessie agenda and rebel against it simply because she has not been nominated enough in your personal opinion. Let's be real here. Nothing would satisfy you unless Jessie was in the top position in the 'Others' category or if you somehow got your own personal Jessie video.

This has, and has always been about Jessie for you.
Wrong. I wouldn't care if she wasn't in the top spot as long as she got ranked. Inclusion is what matters to me, being remembered as much as everyone else, not necessarily winning outright. Stop thinking you know me. You don't.

For the last time, nothing is going to be changed in the set up to this community event, and it will end as it has been outlined. Bending over backwards to accommodate one individual in their extremely unhealthy fixation is the worst thing that anyone can do. Whether you want to admit it or not, you have a serious problem and that needs addressing.
Yet you refuse to say how it would be bad, the specific effects it would cause, to change the event or simply extend it as I outlined, which would not require a restart. So unless you can back up your point by doing that, it is invalid.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
That's not what I was saying. Nominations aren't the same thing as actually getting ranked.

That is bad too though. She has to have been ranked the highest of the NPCs for you to be happy about it. If that is a goal for yourself, it's fine. But, getting worked up about it if we don't ensure it happens, is not.

Unlike most other NPC's, though, Jessie had enough screen time to actually have 7 moments. That's the difference.

I know of at least 3 others that have 7 moments as well. We all had the opportunity to show that, in the time frame Clay gave us. That's on us for not bringing them forward, if we really wanted to. We just have to learn from this and make up for it next time a "VII series" is done.

Jairus

That is bad too though. She has to have been ranked the highest of the NPCs for you to be happy about it. If that is a goal for yourself, it's fine. But, getting worked up about it if we don't ensure it happens, is not.
Didn't you see what I said to Claymore? I don't care if she ranked the highest. I just wanted her to be ranked at all, enough to make the cut. Inclusion is what matters to me. Being remembered as much as everyone else.

I know of at least 3 others that have 7 moments as well. We all had the opportunity to show that, in the time frame Clay gave us. That's on us for not bringing them forward, if we really wanted to. We just have to learn from this and make up for it next time a "VII series" is done.
In that case, those three plus Jessie should've been given separate categories to start with since they had enough screen time to warrant it. Or Other should've been made mandatory, not optional - that would've guaranteed that more moments would've been submitted.

Jairus

User banned (6 Weeks): Consistent obsessive and passive aggressive behaviour
If people hadn't been so stubborn and had been more willing to listen, it wouldn't have been strenuous.

Top Bottom