• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Recruiting for new mods - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Just be aware that there's a metric fuckton of conflicts of interest there, :monster:.

Actually I wouldn't mind "stepping down" (proverbially) from being the manager, that is, you guys have been doing a good job at keeping the community afloat and I don't feel like I need to step in and force my Will upon you lot. I'd be more than happy to take a step back and just do the technical / financial side of things.

There'd still be a conflict of interest and shit though, :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
Thanks for the nomination @Fangu, I don't mind rejoining staff or not but I do need to make a disclosure here: Most folks are probably are aware or at least suspect now but Yop and I are a couple and have been for several years.
I'm pretty biased here seeing as I work with my boyfriend (which can be difficult but still works out a lot better than people expect) but I don't see that as a problem at all :monster:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Just be aware that there's a metric fuckton of conflicts of interest there, :monster:.

Actually I wouldn't mind "stepping down" (proverbially) from being the manager, that is, you guys have been doing a good job at keeping the community afloat and I don't feel like I need to step in and force my Will upon you lot. I'd be more than happy to take a step back and just do the technical / financial side of things.

There'd still be a conflict of interest and shit though, :monster:

In all fairness, with a community with members that have known each other for over a decade you can't really say being biased isn't gonna be expected in some sense.
I don't mean that in a sense of just because you know someone your gonna give em power but rather you know them and are friends and know what they are capable of better than most.

I'm against your attempts to demod yourself for the simple fact that you are TLS and regardless of how much you wanna opt out the politics, your tentacles are law!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
In all fairness, with a community with members that have known each other for over a decade you can't really say being biased isn't gonna be expected in some sense.
I don't mean that in a sense of just because you know someone your gonna give em power but rather you know them and are friends and know what they are capable of better than most.

There is that. It took me nearly a year to work up the courage to finally bring up the possibility of destaffing Aaron, :/.

@Shub Niggurath I'll CONFLICT YOUR INTERESTS!

Lex

Administrator
There is that. It took me nearly a year to work up the courage to finally bring up the possibility of destaffing Aaron, :/.

I wouldn't worry about this too much, it was me who took the heat from everyone for that decision regardless :monster:

I'm sure if something like that were to happen again I'd take the flak for it even if I wasn't involved. This is not a woe is me post btw, I accept it as a hazard of the position/ how outspoken I am when it comes to this kind of thing. I think if you're to objectively examine all the admin here I'd win the award for "least laid back". I'm totally cool with that if it helps TLS be a fair place to post :monster:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
All the nomtinations made so far are ones I second. It's a great problem to have when you have so many awesome options for modship.

As for the "conflict of interest" -- yes, techincally that is the case, but this is a forum / site not a business and while some of it is run like a business (and that's how the forum / site keeps successful -- with business-like discipline and dedication) I don't think a relationship between a mod and an admin should be forbidden. I mean, you would have to conduct yourselves professionally if things didn't work out (sorry to bring that up, but it had to be said) and/or the staff would need to intervene to make sure the fourm / site continued without drama. But I don't think that will be a problem.

Incidentally, when my husband used to play Neverwinter, he was part of my High Council (e.g. the leadership) of my guild. I used to joke with the other High Council that it was nepotism of the worst kind. :P But even during fights, we maintained professionalism and it never became a cause for concern for the leadership or the guild. I feel confident that any mature couple can make it work.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage

@Shub Niggurath I'll CONFLICT YOUR INTERESTS!

You're gonna shoot the Mageling in the face with a nerf gun, aren't you? :monster:

I wouldn't worry about this too much, it was me who took the heat from everyone for that decision regardless :monster:

I'm sure if something like that were to happen again I'd take the flak for it even if I wasn't involved. This is not a woe is me post btw, I accept it as a hazard of the position/ how outspoken I am when it comes to this kind of thing. I think if you're to objectively examine all the admin here I'd win the award for "least laid back". I'm totally cool with that if it helps TLS be a fair place to post :monster:

If you're gonna rock the panto villain thing, you should expect posts saying "He's behind yoooou!" :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Thanks for the nomination @Fangu, I don't mind rejoining staff or not but I do need to make a disclosure here: Most folks are probably are aware or at least suspect now but Yop and I are a couple and have been for several years. .

Actually I wouldn't mind "stepping down" (proverbially) from being the manager,

No, this is bringing forward the Mum and Dad of the forum that we've all wanted for years now - it's so close to a reality, don't take it away :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I giggled out loud at that. :monster:

Okay, without rambling off-topic (three days off Concerta and this is what you get lololololol), IMHO Fancy should be a mod because it'd make shit easier for her to manage with the community stuff if she could do all her own thread edits an' shit, so that's just logical (if this is already a thing and I'm talking out of my arse can someone please let me know?).
Also there's quite a few folk I reckon would make capable mods but keep disappearing for periods at a time (@Kionae, @Interslicery are two who spring to mind but I don't want this to be considered a nomination unless they're cool with it), so if this applies to you and you feel modship would keep you around, don't be shy about speaking up. I know a lot of folks are also happy to go with the flow and don't mind regardless as long as there's no drama and bots are removed after the entertainment value is gone, so OFC no pressure.

I'm still always here, I just tend to not post for periods. And thanks for the consideration, but I doubt I'd make a good mod. I appreciate the thought though.

giphy.gif

Lex

Administrator
I'll just chuck my hat into the not having a problem with Mage being considered for staff thing as long as the two of you can objectively express how you feel and not simply back each other up publicly (when you might disagree with one another) for the sake of keeping the peace :P

It wasn't a problem before though so I don't see it being a problem now.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Also there's quite a few folk I reckon would make capable mods but keep disappearing for periods at a time (@Kionae, @Interslicery are two who spring to mind but I don't want this to be considered a nomination unless they're cool with it), so if this applies to you and you feel modship would keep you around, don't be shy about speaking up. I know a lot of folks are also happy to go with the flow and don't mind regardless as long as there's no drama and bots are removed after the entertainment value is gone, so OFC no pressure.

I'm almost always around... I just tend to lurk a lot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom